Knowledge of how to successfully grow grapes means the choice of the right variety for the region where it will grow. This plant needs sunlight throughout the day, well-drained soil, which is free from weeds. A good vineyard begins with high-quality planting material. Gardeners with experience recommended newcomers to take cuttings and seedlings for those who make them from their vine and is engaged in the production of such material professionally.
Even the most experienced crop will not say that it is better for landing: a cutlets or a seedling. Both methods possess both advantages and disadvantages.
Among the main advantages of Chenkov is worth highlighting:
- small cost;
- Small probability of infection.
- Many gardeners note that such a landing material is getting worse, but this is a controversial opinion;
- To raise a full-fledged vine from the cutter, more time and effort leaves.
When buying, ask the seller, what period did the landing material. Better if it was an early spring. Such plants are coming out well and have increased resistance.
Benefits of seedlings:
- Accessibility of such a planting material, if the necessary conditions were observed, equals almost 100%;
- It is easier to grow a strong vine;
- on grafted plants yields above.
Of the disadvantages it is necessary to highlight the following:
- difficult to transport and store;
- On the vineyard you can put insects or diseases.
When buying such a landing material, it is necessary to check that there is no growths, fuses and other signs of possible damage to the sv.
Also, seedlings are several types:
- 1 grade;
- 2 grades;
Consider each type of more than Read more.
- Elite. They have from 4 or more roots, the thickness of the root system is not less than 2 mm, the length of the rustic shoots – 25 cm.
- W first-class there will be at least 4 roots. Have a thickness of the base in 2 mm should at least 2 root.
- W second-rate There are three assemblies of increment and at least two rided roots.
- Non-conforming saplings – these are those who have a bad increases. Such material is selected or fuse.
If you contact the market, most of those who sell seedlings and cuttings are dealers, that is, they themselves purchase goods and then they simply resell it. The disadvantage of such sellers is that they have to overpay, and they cannot properly store landing material. Explain where, in what conditions are grapes, they are unable. Therefore, they do not take responsibility for the proposed goods.
Even if a defect will be found after the purchase, it will not be possible to return the seedlings. But often dealers sell under the guise of one variety completely different, and to recognize this defect at the stage of the cutter.
It is best to contact nurseries: it seems that the plant is bought, and this seller takes responsibility for the cuttings.
If there is no possibility to buy seedlings and cuttings in a specialized nursery, then you need to be able to recognize scammers on the market. First of all, attention should be paid to the cost of planting material. There is one rule that does not know every gardener. The cost of one seedling cannot be less than the cost of a kilogram of fruits from the vine, from where he was taken. If the common variety is more expensive, it does not mean at all that it is better, just demand gives rise to the overestimated value.
But when it is possible to find the cuttings and seedlings of grapes on the market, whose grade is not so easy to find, then you need to be ready for a high price. Scarce new items are expensive, but about collectible varieties and not stand. You need to talk with the seller, just so you can learn about the level of his awareness.
Need to ask about:
- color and taste of fruits;
- resistance to diseases and pests;
- correct conditions of cultivation;
- a person who gave the seedlings;
- Opportunities to visit the Place of Parental Plant.
While the seller answers questions, you need to carefully read the goods. It is important to assess the root system, stem. You can get involved a bit to understand the degree of freshness of a cutter or seedlings.
Experts of their case are easily responding to any question and in order to improve consumer demand for goods, I always enjoy invite to plantation.
Need to correctly pick up a variety for your region. Musthable options use good demand.
- “Edelweiss”. Early white grade, fruit go on table and wine.
- “Seybel”. Hybrid, wine grade.
- “Svenson Red”. Frost-resistant grade. This is a red table grapes.
- “Magnolia”. White nutmeg grapes, sweet. It grows best in zones with an indicator of frost resistance in 7-9.
- “Valiant”. These are fruit for food. Grapes are not distinguished by frost resistance.
For domestic gardeners, there are three main types of grapes, which should be planted: American, European and French-American hybrids.
American grapes the most coronaless, while European is usually more suitable for wine. Cutting varieties grow well in warm, dry zones of the Mediterranean type. Hybrids, as a rule, cold-resistant and resistant to diseases, but not so fragrant, like European grapes. Another type of popularity is Muscata. Thick skin of such a grape makes it most suitable for use in jams, fault or other products.
European varieties prefer a warmer climate. Here are the most sought-after options:
- “Black Beauty”;
- “Black Corinth”;
- “Red Malaga”;
The gardener should think about what grape variety he likes the most and that he plans to do with fruits. American grapes are used for food, while European is used for winemaking. For landing best suited strong annual plants. Smaller and weak seedlings are often held by a nursery and sold only for the second year. Bad goods in the nursery will not sell, which is why it is worth acquiring a certified planting material. He is not only strong enough and coming up well, but also free from viruses.
How to choose?
Find a responsible manufacturer – this is just half. It is important to be able to correctly choose cuttings and seedlings. You need to be able to distinguish a dead stalk from the living, which takes place in the open soil. Do not think that you are too hard for you: you just want to get for your own money quality product. If the seedlock was prepared for the sale of a competent seller, then after digging from it they should have cut off all the leaves. Through the greens, the plant will quickly lose moisture, will cease to be viable.
Do not take the seedlings long before the period of landing her in the ground. Wrong cutting growth can be artificially than and dealers use. Such a material is worse stored, although it is trying to sell faster than others. Do not take seedlings with a large root system. If the seller supplies the goods in an opaque pot, then ask him to remove the plant so that you can evaluate the quality.
You can estimate the cuttings, only cutting a small amount of bark. If the seller begins to be nervous, then, most likely, such plants do not fit. The expert will never make comments because he understands what is the matter. The slice should be green and juicy, and if they check the root, then on the cut it is always white and wet.
A good landing material looks like this:
- Length from the top to the root – 35-40 centimeters;
- Thickness with a pencil, there are 3-4 kidneys;
- from 3 to 5 roots whose length is at least 15 cm.
In the nursery such seedlings are certified. If you buy the landing material at the dealer, it is not always clear the origin of the goods. Many plants are infected, and if they are planted for an existing vineyard, sometimes the disease goes to all landings. Inattention and desire to save lead to financial losses.