- Authors: Holland, Goossens Flevoplant BV in Ens
- Synonyms names: Flair
- Taste: sour-sweet
- The size: Large
- Weight: 35-40 gr
- Degree of yield: very high
- Yield: 2-3 kg with bush
- Repair: No
- Timing of ripening: Ultrarange
- Advantages: Well stored and transfers rainy weather
See all the characteristics
The grade of strawberry Fleur brought Dutch breeders, their products are one of the most titled and popular in the world. The most spread of Fleur received in the European and Scandinavian regions. She loves good taste, unpretentiousness and visual aesthetics.
Description of varieties
Fleur refers to the unreasonable varieties, brought it relatively recently, in 2004. Therefore, an unambiguous opinion about many characteristics of the gardeners is not yet. The most actively strawberry Fleur is grown in Europe, and some features of the variety have already made it incredibly popular. She grows perfectly on the outdoor soil, in greenhouses, her taste is very gentle with caramel flavor.
Bushes of berries are characterized by the following features:
- Multo-Type plant;
- Bushes powerful, foliage is rich, while the bush itself is compact;
- The height is rarely more than 30 cm, but always above 20 cm;
- Extra long leaves have a bright green color, the edges of the sawn;
- Coloros are usually powerful, with large flowers;
- Flowerines are lower than foliage, stems are quite strong, but the berries lie on the ground under its weight;
- Mustache formed strong, the process is quite fast.
The variety has its advantages:
- perfectly grows in greenhouse conditions, on the open soil;
- Bushes neat, so they need not too much space;
- Original, harmonious taste, caramel subtock, rich fragrance;
- Berries are very aesthetic, mature actively;
- Quickly multiply;
- Not bad immunity to major strawberry diseases;
- Wet weather does not spoil the taste;
- Not too caprica.
There are minuses that you should not forget:
- poorly tolerates heat, foliage immediately twists, berries will deteriorate;
- If the sun is too small, the fruits will be sour;
- drought harms this variety;
- The level of yield is reduced by the third season;
- not suitable for the soil of clay type.
Timing of ripening
Dates of ripening grade Fleur ultrahnaya, high-level strength. Experts believe that this is one of the most imperative berries in the world. After disembarking in 4 weeks you can collect the first fruits, in a couple of weeks – the whole harvest. Fruiting is so active that it is necessary to collect every day. In fact, the berries are collected from May, in the northern regions it can happen later – in June.
In many ways, the level of yield depends on the departure, growing conditions. On average, you can collect poles from one bush. For early grades, these are absolutely normal indicators, but if the agricultural engineering is organized flawlessly, it turns out to collect about 2-3 kg. Berries ripen massively, quickly, the size of fruits is large and does not become smaller by the end of fruiting. Use berries in fresh and canned form. The grade is suitable for transportation, but it is better not to carry it too far.
Berries and their taste
Since the fruit Fleur is large and heavy – about 35-40 g, they strongly delay the flowerons down. Berries gradually dark from red to burgundy, become aesthetic, very attractive. Even more interesting, they make a glossy shine. The flesh remains bright, dense and juicy by consistency. There are also empty points.
In the form of berries are long, have a conical form, absolutely correct. The berries are one-dimensional, they often choose lovers of visual ideal fruit. Excellent flavoring quality Fleur is characterized by sweetness with caramel flavor and small robes. Bouquet connects strawberry and fruit notes. Agrotechnical problems and climatic conditions can reduce dessert grade quality.
Features of cultivation
If you practice greenhouse growing, landing can be carried out year-round. The landing on the open soil requires accounting for climatic and weather conditions. This variety is noncains enough, but does not tolerate through winds, so it is so important to choose the right place. Strawberry bushes neat, do not occupy a lot of space, you can plant in two rows. Despite the fact that the grade is not capricious, it is important not to leave berries without attention. There are basic events that need to be performed to achieve a good harvest.
- Moisturizing. The grade loves moisture, the optimal type of watering is drip, rain. The event is not worth spending in hours when the sun is worth high and shine brightly. If you do not observe the conditions of watering, the leaves will receive burns. The first waterings are made in the middle of spring, the latter – in the fall until preparations for frost. If the fler grows in a greenhouse, it is enough to make moistening 2 times a week.
- Loosening, cleansing. It is impossible to allow the growth of weed grass – it will immediately reduce the quality of berries. Soil must be loosened, it is impossible to make crust formation.
- Trimming. Usie Strawberry Fler develops very actively and grow far away. Delete everything, except for planting material. Optimally divide bushes on fruit and uterine: first – for harvest, the latter – for breeding.
- Podkord. Industrial cultivation requires the use of finished filtering mixtures. They are universal and introduced three times – early spring, summer and autumn. Gardeners-farmers fertilize more often organic compositions. But here it is important not to use too often and too much cow and litter. Wood ash works perfectly, scattered between bushes before moisturizing.
- Shelter for winter. The grade Fleur refers to the frost-resistant, but requires shelter. This event is best to organize with the help of arcs, spunkonda. Strawberry can die from frosts, so it follows it carefully. At the same time, the optimal formation of fruits occurs in low temperatures, the heat will be slack in the heat.
Choosing a place and soil preparation
As mentioned above, you need a zone without drafts, sunny, preferably southern. As for the soil, it should not be clay, acidity level – below 6.5. Planted strawberries in the late spring or early June. Before disembarking, it is worth treating seedlings with compositions that strengthen roots and protective pests. Seed in seeds removed from the fetus, they are dried, they are cooled before boarding. More convenient way – breeding must.
If the soil is non-fermented, sour, it needs to be enriched with dolomite flour, humus. This is not done during the landing period, but for the month or two. Heavy soil diluted by sand. Fleur fell in 1 or 2 ribbons, bite not less than 30 cm, aisle – up to 40 cm.
Strawberry in the open soil usually does not need additional pollination. In greenhouse conditions, this is done by hand, with the help of bees or special pollinator aggregates.
All about fertilizers for strawberries
One of the important techniques in the care of strawberries is the feeding. Regular fertilization makes it guarantees a rich crop. There are several different ways to feed strawberries and each of them is intended for a certain period of plant development. During flowering, fruiting and after it, the feeding must be different.
Diseases and pests
Although the immunity variety is quite high, it is necessary to take care of it. A couple of times a year, bushes are treated with copper – in early spring and autumn, in front of frosts. Refuse landing near other varieties that are less resistant to diseases, as the epidemic will lead to infection and this variety. Especially dangerous verticillosis and spottedness.
Fighting diseases and pests
Strawberry is often subject to a variety of dangerous diseases that can seriously undermine its condition. Among the most common – malievable dew, gray rot, bright spot, anthracnose and verticillosis. Before buying a variety, it is necessary to ask him resistant to disease.
Buuray spottyRotSpotsTwisting leavesDryingHoles in leaves
Experienced gardeners are often resorted to seeds reproduction, but this method is too complicated, the risks of non-survivable seeds are high. The inequality is also considered to be reproduction with the help of the division of the bush. In these embodiments, varietal qualities may not be preserved, immunity will decrease.
Since the mustache form actively, the reproduction of this method is considered the easiest and most effective. Mustache strong, sockets on them can be rooted in any order. This kind of landing material is pretty high quality.