To obtain a rich crop, not only high-quality sowing material is needed, but also good fertilized soil. Modern technologies allow you to put in a soil fertilizer of a different nature, but this process requires considerable time and finance costs, whereas there is a simple alternative. Since ancient times, people were used to enrich the soil plant crops, especially cereal. Thanks to the landing of rye and the use of this culture as a mulch, you can fill the ground with all the useful substances.
Advantages and disadvantages
Rye is a plant that does not require special conditions for growing. It can be grown on any basis, but culture needs regular watering due to the shallow root system. In addition to use in food, this cereal culture can be viewed as Comfortable and economical fertilizer.
Any additives that are used to enrich the soil have a fairly high cost, while the rye bucket can be purchased for a penny, and it is enough to plant five acres of land.
Green mass obtained from such a sowing can help no less than half of the hectare of sowing ground. With minimal expenditures on the sowing material there is an opportunity to get nutritious material that feels a significant part of the sowing territories.
For proper and rational use of rye to mulch soil need to know about her positive and negative properties. Consider first the pluses.
- Good frost-resistant indicators, rye easily tolerate frosts and begins to grow with spring onset.
- Active growth of the root system, which allows culture to quickly spread and displace weeds, selecting moisture and nutrients from them.
- The possibility of using rye for fertilizer several times per season. Green mass is recommended to drag with soil for overloading, and on its basis you can create a liquid fertilizer for watering seedlings.
- Compatibility with bean and cruciferous cultures, the possibility of use for various plants in the country area.
Pluses of rye are obvious, but the culture has also consists that can not be ignored.
- Increase the amount of pests on the site. The wire and the larvae of the beetle-clock are often found on rye fields, which means that the plant can get into bed and cause damage to potatoes and other cultures. For prevention, it is recommended to disembark with ryardine, which will protect rye and will be a useful additive as a sider.
- The need for watering, because of which it is recommended to plant rye in the fall, when the amount of precipitation is maximum and soil well moistened. Rye landing in spring forces to move landing of other cultures at a later date.
Rian’s positive parties are much larger, so if it is properly used, it is possible to get rich nutrients loose soil, on which all garden crops will be successfully. Thanks to the use of rye there is an opportunity to implement the following tasks.
- Make a soil more loose due to a highly developed root plant. After cleaning rye, the structure of the soil becomes much better.
- Get rid of weeds on the plot.
- Enrich the soil humus and useful substances due to the reaction of soil bacteria and the green part of the Siderate.
- Prevent soil freezing due to the holding of snow and the formation of an additional protective layer from frosts.
Rye landing on fertile soils allows you to fill the mineral composition and enrich it, especially after the root crops.
Comparison with other Siderats
The use of rye as a seedrate is not the only option. Another cereal culture having similar properties will be oats. To determine which option is better, you should compare them.
- Rye is considered a more productive culture than Oats, it is growing rapidly and distributed through the territory of the sowing. An additional advantage can be considered the presence in the root system of substances that allow you to actively struggle with weeding grass and pests. If you suck rye in the fall, the site can be used throughout the offseason, which is very convenient.
- Winter hardiness rye exceeds oats resistance to cold. In the frosty winter Oats will get out, while rye in the spring will give a green pig. Oats recommends to suck in the spring to protect it from frosts.
- The advantage of oats can be considered the ease of its processing and the nutritionality of the composition.
Any ciderat must be grown with the mind, exactly Observing the landing time and the timing, Otherwise, the grain that fell into the ground will take shoots at the moment when they are not needed there. Because of this, the useful culture will turn into a weed.
Depending on the destination of rye, you can sow at different times. The most successful options are culture culture at the end of summer, in the fall or spring. For the middle of Russia, the correct landing period is considered to be Between August and the last week of September, When the harvest is already assembled, but the temperature allows planted culture to take and germinate. This option helps to improve the state of the soil, make it more loose, effectively delay water and snow in autumn and winter.
Good rates of frost resistance rye allow you to plant this culture at the end of autumn. Winter rye fall after the harvest of carrots, beets and cabbage was assembled.
An optimal term for this procedure is the gap between October end and early November. If there is a desire to plant a spring sort of rye, then spring will be the best season for this. Sowing this culture is recommended to carry out between the beds or in those areas where in the new season it is not planned to grown.
Landing rye can have its own characteristics that depend on the sewing deadlines and the characteristics of the soil.
- Sowing rye is produced in those areas that they were freed from cultures grown there, but separate rows can be seized with a distance of 15 cm or place seeds on any free areas.
- If sowing is made on the soil, which was very exhausted, it is recommended to make 20 g of nitroposki on the meter of the soil to enrich it.
- For growing culture, it is necessary to have moisture in the soil. If the soil is dry, and the rains are not promised to forecast, then the soil must be moistened before landing grain.
- Ringing rye should be thick: for one acrection you should use from 2 to 2.5 kg of grains. Choosing places for sewage, it is worth avoided the territory near the fruit trees, since Rye will actively take moisture from them, which will worsen the growth and fruiting of trees. The optimal depth for grains is from 2 to 5 cm, for which it is possible to use rake or special sowing devices.
To rye well and grow quickly, and also fully equipped the soil during the mulch process, It is better to plant last year’s sowing material, since young grains will contain too few useful properties.
For the full growth of culture and use, it is important to be able to care for her correctly.
If the culture was planted in autumn, then after the snow gathering its active growth will begin. Spring It is necessary to cut seedings, leaving no more than 5 cm of height, and also good to explode the soil. As soon as the site is prepared, and weather conditions are fairly stable, you can start landing of the main culture.
The following cider trimming events should be carried out at the moment when it starts to actively grow and shade the plants on the garden. To obtain a good fertilizer, it is necessary to trim the stems before buds appear on them, otherwise they will become dense and will be bad to be processed.
Winter cereals need to be scared, when their height reaches 30 cm and above. It is recommended to conduct Dropping soil After the snow, when there are a lot of moisture in the soil, which will accelerate rye. If the winter was turned dry, and the spring was not yet raining, it should be moistened to moisten the soil, after which it.
To get the maximum benefit from rye, it is important to switch it on time. It is recommended to smear the culture in the interval from March to April, While the plant has not yet given the seeds and did not skew into the ground. If you switch the garden with a sider in time, rye has time to pass the soil all the useful substances fully enriching its composition. For this work it is recommended to use:
To obtain a good fertilizer, it is necessary to mock the green part of the plant and step it up with the soil, blocking the ciderat for 10-15 cm for good and light soils and 5-10 cm for heavy. It’s best to use special equipment for such work, because manually do it is quite difficult.
After cutting the green part of rye, the roots can be left in the ground, as they will start over with themselves.
2-3 weeks later, it is recommended to shrank the soil on the site of landing of rye, after which you can plant vegetable crops on the area enriched with useful substances.
If Rye sprouts grow from the roots again, They can be mounted again and make a green fertilizer based on them, which is well suited for seedlings. Another option for obtaining fertilizers – Blank from straw sprouts, When burning which the nutrient ash is obtained, which contains 14% of potassium, 6% phosphorus and 10% calcium. Such ashes can make the soil less acidic. It is best to use this substance in the processing of the soil for potatoes, tomatoes and other cultures.
Read more about the useful properties of rye, like a Siderate, see further.