Alycha is the nearest relative of plum, although he is inferior to her in taste quality slightly obsessive sourness, but surpasses in many other indicators. Gardeners, knowing about the wonderful properties of the plant, try to land it on their plot. Especially since the fruits use not only fresh, they are perfectly preserved. In the article, tell how to grow Alych properly to get a quick and abundant harvest.
Most fruit-berry trees plant in spring or autumn, Alycha is no exception. In the northern regions with protracted frosty winters, it is better to make a spring landing, when there are no frosts, but Saplots has not yet begun. If planting plants in the fall, they may not have time to take care of frosts.
Until recently, Alychi did not plant in cold zones at all. But the removal of new varieties of remote interhoeous hybridization today allows this to do.
Alycha is easily engaged and adapted to new conditions. These properties allowed breeders to bring frost-resistant varieties, such as Hybrid Alyci with Sino-Ussuriy Drug, Variety Yarilo, Zlato Scythians, Cleopatra.
In the southern regions (Kuban, Crimea) and in the middle lane with a temperate climate (Moscow region), Alych is planted in autumn and spring. Each season has its advantages and disadvantages.
It is in the fall on garden fairs that a large range of seedlings is presented, you can choose good varieties, healthy copies. The village, planted in the winter, will already be strengthened by the spring, they do not need to adapt, they direct their strength to the development and growth. In addition, overwhelming, Alycha becomes stronger and frost-resistant.
But during the autumn landing, you need to monitor the temperature indicators and plant plants no later than 2-3 weeks before the first frost. This time will need Alya to take care. In the south of the country, trees and bushes are transplanted from the end of October and all November. In the middle lane – during October.
Spring landing has its advantages: it is not necessary to spend the forces on watering, the melting of the snow will ensure that. It will be necessary to work out only to southern areas where snow winters are rare.
Spring landing in the south start from the beginning of March and try to have time to dissolve flowers. In the middle strip of the country, Alych is planted at the end of March, after the last frosts, and all April, before the swelling swelling. In the north, the landing date becomes the end of April – May. The main condition is to land after frosts and before the start of the plant’s deposit.
By the way, you can buy seedlings for the spring landing in the fall, using a large selection of planting material, then picked them in the garden, placing a plant at an angle. After that, cover the stove with a sweetheart or other insulation and leave until spring. When the snow comes down and frost will retreat, Alych is transplanted on her permanent place of growth.
Choosing a place and “neighbors”
Choosing a place and compatibility with other trees are important criteria for good yield. Let us dwell on this topic.
Alycha is initially a southern plant, thanks to his endurance, it easily carries out in the middle lane of Russia and even in the north, but does not change his preferences, he loves warm sunny places protected from drafts and winds.
Tree is good on the slopes. But in the lowland, it should not be planted, precipitation will accumulate there, Alycha does not like excessive moisture. It is not worth worry about the groundwater, Alycha is calmly growing even at the meter depth of their location, since the developed root system has enough shortness, no more than half a meter.
As for the soil, Alycha prefers fertile lands, gray forest soil, loaming with neutral acidity. It takes place on other soils, but the yield will be lower.
If the composition of the soil in the garden is known, you can work on it: excessively acidic “repay” ashes or dolomite flour, too alkaline to be treated with plaster, add peat to clay soil.
Since most types of Alyci do not pollinate themselves, trees should land with plants of a kind. But you need to choose the varieties that bloom simultaneously with Alych, for example, a red ball or pod.
As for negative impact, it happens in cases where the roots of Alychi grow at one level with plants that have the same shallow root system. Competition for food. Some garden trees highlight substances perceived by alchy as toxic, you need to try to avoid neighborhood with them.
- There is incompatibility with pear, apple trees, cherries, cherries.
- Do not put out a number of walnut or apricot, they grow large and depress the surrounding vegetation with their power.
How to plant?
Alyci landing scheme on a plot in open soil is simple and not much different from growing other garden trees. Need to comply with simple rules, and the survival rate of seedlings will be high.
- If several plants are planted, the distance between them should be at least two meters.
- So that Alycha in the future pleased with its yield, it is necessary Initially choose a healthy planting material with developed strong roots.
- For autumn landing, the pit is digging and fertile … 2-3 weeks before lowering plants. To plant a tree in the spring, it is better to take care of the landing pit in the fall, since it can not have time to prepare to prepare until the plant.
- For Alychi, the recess is digging with a diameter of 60-70 cm. To the soil extracted from the pit, should be added humid, manure and nitroposk. Mix everything thoroughly. The resulting composition to fill the well to 2/3 volumes, pour and leave for a few weeks for autumn landing. If the planting is spring, a pit with feeding left until spring. Do not forget that the soil should be neutral may have to work with it, seeking stabilization of acidity.
- On the day of planting in the wells form a hilly from the remaining soil, add a little fertile soil from above, so as not to burn the root fertilizer. A seedling with open roots before landing holds a few minutes in a mortar solution, and then in preparations that stimulate the root system (“Korniner”, “Zircon”). The plant grown in the container is transplanted along with an earthen room.
- On the hilly, formed in the well, set the seedling, gently paint the roots and fall asleep his earth, slightly tamping, To avoid emptiness and allow the plant to contact with nutrient soil.
- During the landing, the root neck can not be plugged, it must be at the level of the soil line. If the seedlock already begins, the vaccination place should rise above the soil by 5-7 cm.
- To form a smooth tree, you need to pave a horizontal bar on the pit, and it’s a vertical peg to fix it. To the peg to suspend the plant, installing it as younger as possible, and only then fall asleep the well soil.
- When the landing is finished, under the seedling it is necessary to pour 2-3 buckets of water, then pour the place of irrigation of dry ground to the soil, ripping, not crackdown. It is better for these purposes a roasting circle to cover mulch (peat, sawdust, straw). Day to transplant plants are not recommended, only early in the morning or in the evening.
If you do everything right, after 3-5 years, Alycha will begin to please the gardener with its harvest.