- Authors: VSPP, and.IN. Cossacks
- Repair: Yes
- Berry color: Golden yellow
- Taste: sweet-sweet, thin
- Ripening time: Medium Power
- Weight berry, g: 4.5 – 5, Maximum -7
- Yield: 12,6-15 t / ha, up to 4 kg with bush
- Frost resistance, ° C / winter hardiness: High, -30 ° C
- Purpose: Universal
- Place disembarking: South side, covered from the north (for the northern regions)
See all the characteristics
The grade of raspberry Golden Autumn was removed in VSIPSP breeder and. IN. Cossack. This is an elite variety recommended for cultivation in the Central, Central Black Earth and North Caucasus Regions of Russia. The variety does not apply in industrial landings.
Description of varieties
The height of the bush is 150-160 cm, the tree is weakly awesome. Soothes from culture Medium-impassive. The leaves in size are medium, weakly arrest, color they have light green. Branches are covered with rare and soft short spikes localized on the basis.
Timing of ripening
Golden autumn refers to medium-beds. Vintage can be collected from the second half of August and until the end of September or early October. Collection is possible almost to the first frost.
Golden autumn is a removable grade, which, under favorable cultivation conditions, gives up to 4 kg of berries from the bush or 12.6-15 t / ha.
Berries and their taste
Fruits have a golden yellow color and an elongated conical or round shape. The size of berries is large, their weight is 4.5-5 g, it is sometimes possible to obtain fruits weighing up to 7 g.
Taste in berries thin, sour-sweet, pulp dense, gentle, juicy. Berries have a weak light fragrance, and their main advantage is good transportability. Fruits can be used fresh, as well as use for blanks and baking.
Features of cultivation
Before starting landing a bush in the country, you should familiarize yourself in advance with some rules. So, a sapling grown under the same conditions where it will be contained, even in a very hot or, on the contrary, the very cold region. If the seedlock was grown in adverse conditions and was brought to a more suitable place, then he has less chances for successful development.
The optimal timing of disembodies is early spring or September-October, that is, after harvesting. If we land the fall, then by the spring, the seedlings will have a good root and bring a high-quality harvest. During the growing season, it is better to avoid transplantation, since the plant may not take care.
Choosing a place and soil preparation
Before planting culture, follow the rules.
- Golden autumn grade loves good uniform lighting, so, for example, in the northern region, the placement of the ridge on the south side, covered from the north.
- Avoid lowlands: air masses accumulate here. At the same time, placement at height contributes to the occurrence of drafts, so it is better to choose the plain. It is possible to land on the slope, but on the canopy.
- Bushes of this variety prefer to grow in a lot of fertile not acidic soil. Comfortable plant will feel in sandstone, samp or chernozem. Invalid clay, sand, limestone, wetland.
- Good “neighbors” for bush will be onions, garlic, peonies, velvets. The proximity of strawberries, blackberries, strawberries should be avoided.
- Good predecessors on the plot include legumes and pumpkin cultures, to bad – strawberries, strawberries, sunflower, plants of the family.
Watering and feeding
Raspberries Golden Autumn spokes up well on moderate watering. The frequency of irrigation – once a week. It is important to use warm water and moisturize the soil to a depth of about 30 cm. For more uniform penetration of moisture of watering alternate with loosening. For the first time, the soil is accepted to loosen during the swelling of the kidneys: the process will allow to enrich the earth with oxygen. Next, loosenings are carried out by necessity, simultaneously eliminating weeds.
Typically, at the time of landing, a sufficient amount of fertilizer is made, and in this case the plant needs feeding from the third season of fruiting. Organic additives will be useful for the bush (a cowber with water in proportion 1: 10). In the spring, when the bush begins to actively grow, use nitrogen feeding, and complex fertilizers will come in autumn.
Frost resistance and preparation for winter
Golden autumn refers to frost-resistant varieties: bushes withstand temperatures up to -30 degrees. However, the plant needs a little preparation for the cold. Before frosts, the plant is trimmed, feed it and mulch it. Recommended when trimming leave 15-20 cm of shoots to detention snow.
Diseases and pests
The variety has an average level of resistance to diseases and pests. Most often to enjoy the leaves of the fear of Malino, Tl, Gallitz. The following actions will help to cope with them:
- Cut damaged areas and destroy them;
- Treat a plant with a chemical agent;
- In the fall burn all the cropped shoots.
Frequent ailments of raspberry Golden autumn are chlorosis, curlyness, rust. To avoid them, you should grow culture in favorable conditions for her.
Golden Autumn Variety Bush gives a lot of young shoots that can be used for breeding. It is allowed to plant seedlings in spring or autumn. For example, in southern regions with soft winter, it is better to give preference to autumn landing. The processes are easily digging out of the ground due to the surface root system. Next shoots just planted on a new place.
It is possible to reproduce the division of the bush. To do this, dig a bush and divide it on 4-5 parts with a sharp knife. After that, put each stake in a separate pit.
Less popular way – shifting. Separations serve after trimming. They are soaked in growth stimulant, then planted in a peat substrate and covered with a film. The last stage becomes disembarking a rooted young plant for a permanent place.