Every gardener knows that the most delicious strawberry that is grown and collected with their own hands. Bright green plants with juicy berries do not require complex care and grow almost on any summer cottages.
Some craftsmen manage to make strawberry beds even on a small balcony or windowsill. But in order for certain varieties of strawberries to retain all their properties, you need to properly place them in relation to other cultures and varieties.
Lee plants are reversible?
Unambiguously answer this question is not easy: there are many diametrically opposite opinions, both beginners and experienced gardens engaged in the cultivation of different varieties of berries for sale. To sort out the nuances, it is worth contacting biology as science. Overpracification is the process of pollen transfer from one variety of blooming plants to another, as a result of which the second grade loses its own signs, replacing them introduced. Those who practice breeding on their household plots know that this is exactly what completely new varieties of berries, fruits and vegetables are displayed.
Relying on this definition, it is safe to say that two varieties of strawberries planted together on one bed, be sure to worry. However, there is a small nuance. That in everyday life is called the fruits of strawberries or strawberries, in fact it is the scratched flesh of the color. These fruits of these plants – small grains that are on its surface. Therefore, after recovering the taste, color and aroma of berries will remain unchanged.
If there are such plants that have grown nearby, by dividing the bush or mustache, then the subsequent strawberry yields will retain their initial properties. And only if the gardener plans to collect seeds from ripe berries and germinate them for future landings, it is necessary to cut a bed with different varieties and cultures for a sufficiently long distance.
At what distance is better to plant a culture?
Based on the foregoing, first of all the landlord must decide whether the use of seeds is planned for further landing. In the event that strawberries will multiply by division or mustache, sufficiently minimal distances between the beds with different types of it.
- 20-40 cm – average distance between individual bush plants. Such a distance will need to stick between the beds. This is done in order for the mustache of neighboring seedlings, forming a dense herbal carpet, and did not interfere with watering and strawberry care. In that situation, when further cultural culture is planned, it is necessary to spread the beds with separate varieties for a greater distance so that they cannot overstate.
- 60-100 cm – the minimum distance between the beds or rows of different grades of strawberries and strawberries when there is no possibility to plant berries at different parts of the site.
Even if the area of the neck is not too large, it is better not to move landing closer than 60 cm, otherwise the risk of getting the seeds of the hybrid is too large. In such proges, it will be good for the special paths between the seedliness, it will be more convenient to water and collect ripe delicacy from bushes.
Is it possible to plant an ordinary strawberry with the repair?
First of all, it is important to know what “Repairing Strawberry”. Remontant (from the French word remontant – “bloom again”) is the possibility of several blossoms and fruits of the same plants in one season. In other words, the ordinary strawberry ripens only once over the summer, while repairing – up to four times.
She has its own features of planting and care, but the main thing and the most important difference from ordinary berries is the period of formation of fruit kidney. Simple grades form them during the period of a short luminous day, that is, closer to the end of the summer season. Removable varieties – during a neutral and long day, that is, at the beginning and middle of the summer. Since the kidneys are formed at different times, the berry blooms at different times, which means that such varieties will not be able to overstate.
But, Despite the fact that there is no threat to transferable, many experienced gardeners advise still to form different rows or beds of ordinary and repairing varieties. This is due to the difference in caring, feeding and watering plants.
So, watering the removable grade is two or three times a week during flowering period, it is easy to pour ordinary berries that quickly get from such a quantity of moisture.
Thus, planting various varieties of strawberries and strawberries in one site, even without having plans for further cultural culture with seeds, it is worth adhere to a few simple rules.
- Care difference. Each variety requires certain conditions. If the site’s owner wants to get the maximum yield of delicious and ripe berries, he will have to take care of every species of plants in different ways.
- Low varieties of strawberries or strawberries necessarily require soil mulch. Mulching is a coating surface of the soil with protective materials for the creation of a greenhouse effect. Most often, berries are mounted with transparent or black film.
- Lounged on one area of strawberries or strawberries Fruit to maximum first 3-4 years. Further use of the site leads to a significant reduction in yield. Transplant culture better on the free plot of land, and not just change the beds in places.
With proper landing and high-quality care and removable, and ordinary views will allow you to collect a delicious and large harvest of berries, and experienced gardeners will be able to experiment with recovered plant varieties on a separate small piece of garden, before you buy ready-made selection varieties.