Everyone is aware of the values of organic fertilizers to get a good crop. Almost alone is insufficient – vegetable and garden cultures are also required by potash feeding. They accelerate all intracellular metabolic processes, help plants to prepare for winter cold and enrich the ground. One of the most effective representatives of this category of the feeder is recognized by sulcan potassium. What constitutes this fertilizer and how can it be used – we will talk in our article
Potassium sulfate is one of the most important for the full growth and development of agricultural crops of fertilizers. Potassium sulfate is used both for pre-sowing ground preparation, and for pre-sealing, it is also effective as feeding at the stage of active vegetation of plants. In purified form is a white crystalline substance containing up to 50% of the main component.
In agrotechnology used in dry form (granules or powder) or as a liquid solution. The composition of any fertilizer from potassium sulfate necessarily includes iron, sulfur, and in addition to them, sodium and other elements. In laboratory and research purposes, arsenic is additionally introduced into the structure, the share of all other ingredients is negligible, so it may not be taken into account.
The main advantage of potassium sulfate in comparison with all other fertilizers of this group is considered the absence of chlorine, which is negatively transferred by the majority of crops.
Thanks to the timely making of calcium sulfate, you can solve several problems at once faced by plants.
- When inventing falls in the fall, it allows you to persist to reduce the temperature reduction, ensures the maintenance of viability even in the very thermal-loving perennial plants.
- Muchly increases the concentration of useful vitamins and the presence of sugars in young shoots and fruits of culture.
- Reduces the risk of fungal infections, especially rot.
- Feed potassium those plants that do not endure chlorine-containing drugs.
- Enhance the crop of citrus plants, grapes, legumes, as well as potatoes and all varieties of cruciferous crops.
- It helps to improve the circulation of nutritional juices in all tissues of the plant, evenly distributes useful micro- and macroelements for all tissues.
- Supports the balance between the development of the root system and the increase in the green mass.
- Stimulates the increased growth of shoots, especially if it is brought to the substrate in a liquid solution.
Install a shortage can be installed in several signs.
- The yellowing of the leaves is first at the edges, and then over the entire sheet plate, as well as the yellowing of the top of the seedlings.
- The external impression that the plant burns out and slowly acquires the “rusted” view.
- Intensive growth of Pasynkov.
- Mass appearance of spots on the lower sheets, loss of juits shades and twisting sheet plates.
- Increased breakdown of shoots and stems, deterioration of natural elasticity.
- Sharp decrease in the amount of harvest.
- If we are talking about wood crops, that is, about trees and shrubs, one of the signs of lack of potassium can serve as the emergence of new, smaller leaves.
- Deterioration of the type and taste of matured fruit. For example, if we are talking about cucumbers, then the lack of potassium is expressed in the heterogeneity of the staining of the fruits, the formation of blessed strips and bitter taste on them.
- Sharp reduction of sheet plate thickness.
- Reducing the length of intersals.
- Demunning the tips on the roots.
More than other deficits of sulfur potassium are afraid of culture, which at the stage of their growth and fruiting consumes a lot of potassium and sodium – first of all it is berry and fruit shrubs, too, sunflower, sunflower and some other cultures.
For what soil fit?
The greatest need for sulfur potassium is experiencing acidified soils, whose pH does not go beyond 5-8 units. The use of fertilizer gives a pretty good result in terms of normalization of acid-alkaline balance. In general, the type of substrate has a significant impact on the features of using this fertilizer. More than the rest in it need podzolic soils, as well as peatlands. To a lesser extent – loam, since it simply does not penetrate the fertile layer, in addition, sulfur potassium does not apply for salt marshes.
Sandstones, peatlands and floodplain soils – the use of this feeding on such soils many times accelerates the rise of landings, activates their vegetation in system directions and increases yield. Suglink, Chernozem – In order for sulfur potassium to have the most effective effect on the growth of colors and their fruiting, the conditions of abundant moistening should be met on these soil types.
Schedule of feeding and scraper graph should be made as carefully as possible. For plants that grow on Suglink, most often use leaf spraying, intravenous feeding in this case ineffective.
Solonchaki – This type of soil is rich in the most different salts, so potassium sulfate This soil simply does not require. Limestone – This substrate is considered one of the most responsive and susceptible to agrochemical. The fact is that there are many potassium ions, which prevents the full-fledged ingress of this element in the fabric of agricultural plants in the form suitable for them.
We pay special attention to the fact that on the lands with the overestimated acidity parameters, feeding sulfur with sulfur potassium only with lime.
Dates of deposit
The use of sulfur potassium as an effective fertilizer is possible throughout the garden season, starting with early spring and ending in late autumn when the suspension peroxide is performed. If the substrate belongs to heavy lands, then it will be correct to make fertilizers with potassium in the fall. Light land can be picked up with sulfate all spring.
At the stage of rising landings, they need to fertilize 2-3 times. For the most complete growth and development, fruit-berry plants are fed at the very beginning of the stage of formation of fruits, for decorative colors the optimal period will be the stage of disclosure of buds, the lawn grass must be fed at the beginning of autumn. For operational access of potassium to the roots of already planted plants, powder should be burned or granulated through the grooves – scatter the substance on the ground is usually ineffective.
Instructions for use
When using sulfate potassium for feeding garden and vegetable crops, follow the following recommendations. Unwanted to allow an overdose of the active substance. Despite the harmlessness of the substance for people, the overestimated concentration of this salt in the fruits may cause the appearance of allergies and disorder of digestion. In addition, it often spoils the taste.
It is very important to ensure the full admission of agrochemicals to the root system. To do this, it is desirable to remove the soil with a thickness of 10-20 cm in front of the autumn resistance, make sulfur potassium and cover it from above. Liquid solutions of sulfur potassium are poured into the ground through the recesses done in the ground around the seedling, most often for this car shovels take it, tilting it at an angle of 45 degrees so that the solution is as close as possible to the rhizomet. If the substrate is light, then you can pour fertilizers directly under the root.
In mid-July, traditionally spend the second feeding, at this time an aqueous solution will become the best option – It will act much better and at the same time, because it can easily penetrate the peripheral roots. When planting fruit plants Sulfur Potassium is added to the very bottom of the landing well, preferably along with phosphate. From the moment of feeding the farmcultum by this agrochemical shorter before harvesting must pass at least 2 weeks.
In a dry video
In the powdered or granulated form sulfur potassium introduced into the ground immediately before planting, in some cases – together with the landing. In addition, it is possible to use granules at the preparation stage for the winter season.
In a liquid video
To compile a nutrient solution crystals needed to dilute in water in accurately according to dosages marked on the packaging of the drug, and after pouring seedlings. This method is considered the most productive, since it allows you to achieve the limit availability of trace elements for the root system of the plant.
Liquid solution is prepared based on the ratio of 40 g of granulate on 10 liters of water. After that, the solid parts of the plant are obtained by the solution through the pulverizer. Fertilizer volume should be diluted so as to fully use the entire stock because it cannot be stored. In addition to potash compositions, plants are often feeding with other micro and macroelements, so they need to combine them combo. Gardening should be aware of some nuances.
- Sulfur Proatius is forbidden to combine with urea, their one-time use on one sowing site does not start.
- With the introduction of nitrogen-containing and potash compositions, it is necessary to mix them in advance, before the introduction of the introduction to the Earth.
- On sour soil sulfur potassium better use with lime.
- The maximum effect can be achieved by using agrochemicals on carbonate soils.
We draw attention to the fact that the introduction of an excess amount of feeding does not benefit with green plantations. Increased element concentrations can be determined by the following symptoms:
- Reducing the thickness of sheet plates, the appearance of signs of chlorosis;
- Coloring the top of the sheet in the brown shade;
- the appearance of fragments of dead tissues;
- Destruction of root system.
The oversight of the element slows the assimilation of other beneficial substances by plants, so the fertilizer is extremely important to adhere to the proportions specified by the manufacturer.
As you know, sulfur potassium is a fairly safe drug, in its pure form you can even use in food. And yet it refers to chemicals, so when working with it, standard security rules should be followed:
- Before use, you need to protect your face and hand. This will prevent caustic splashes, vapors, as well as toxic dust in the eyes and respiratory organs.
- When connecting to the skin or eye, it is necessary to wash the amazed areas under running water as quickly as possible along with soap.
- In case of the appearance of edema, redness, severe itching and difficulty breathing, it is necessary to immediately take an antihistamine drug and seek emergency medical care.
Sulfurous potassium does not apply to the category of explosive and combustible substances, although it contains sulfur. Therefore, its movement and long-term storage usually does not represent any problems, The only condition is to ensure maximum dryness of the room, the protection of agrochemicals from water penetration. The dissolved drug should not be stored too long, even if it is in a tightly closed container.
If you come to the store to buy sulfur potassium, you will probably surprise a wide range of prices for this drug. The final cost is directly related to the percentage of salt. In addition, you can purchase Mixed mineral compositions, in which sulfur potassium is combined with the rest of the minerals needed for plants, especially with phosphorus.
The correct use of this substance in the garden and in the garden will make it possible to achieve not only high growth rate and abundant harvest of garden crops, but also a significant improvement in the taste and nutritional properties of the obtained fruits.
We invite you to familiarize yourself with the video on the use of srynosil potassium as a fertilizer.