Delicious and juicy peaches are a combination of benefits and delicacies in one product. To enjoy natural fruits grown in compliance with all the rules, it is best to deal with this process personally. Peaches are quite capricious trees, because without the right care and timely trimming they will give a weak harvest or in all.
The formation of a tree, trimming of patients and unnecessary branches is those important manipulations, thanks to which it will be possible not only to preserve the garden, but also to make it plenty of fruit.
For what is needed?
Peach is a tree with beautiful pink flowers, which gives sweet, juicy and healthy fruits. This culture is growing well in the warm regions, as it will hardly transfers strong frosts. Proper care is the guarantee of the health of culture and active fruction.
Thanks to the formation of a tree and pruning unnecessary branches, a number of important issues can be solved:
- ensuring control over the height and dimensions of the tree, the creation of a decorative crown;
- Sun access and air inside the village;
- creating conditions for regular and high yields;
- improving the taste qualities of fruits and their size;
- increase in the life expectancy of peach;
- protection against disease and prevention;
- Preparation for the winter season and strengthening immunity.
Pruning peach should be carried out correctly, otherwise you can harm the tree and not get a harvest. From these manipulations, the winter hardiness of the culture, activity of growth and development in spring, the quality of fruiting.
Peach trimming can be carried out in two ways:
- complete when the whole branch is cut;
- Partial, branches are shortened.
Terms of procedure depend on the season. In the spring of work, you need to start from the end of February, when strong frosts subscribe and trees still sleep. During this period, the branch is shortened, a wide, spreading crown is formed. Branches can be cut on 1/2 or 1/3 from the length that grows over the year.
It is important to leave for the fruiting branches for which 2-3 years.
Conduct spring trimming before summer. In May, the tree will begin to bloom, after which there will be the formation of the barring, so as not to overload the peach, you need to cut those twigs that weakly bloom and will not give a good harvest.
Summer trim is held at the end of June or in early July. Those branches that grow to the center of the village or begin to push, must be eliminated. Removing everything too much, you can give culture more resources for the formation of large and delicious fruits.
Autumn pruning is held from late September to the end of October. Cut unnecessary branches at this time is recommended only in regions with a warm climate, where frosts come only with the first months of winter. Thanks to the right work with a peach, it is possible to provide it to a safer wintering and active growth in the spring.
In addition to seasonal work, it is important to be able to trim a peach by year. Immediately after disembarking, all shoots are shortened, which leads to the activation of the growth of culture, and the amount of branches is rapidly increasing.
In the first year it is recommended to cut 1/2 of the length of young twigs and remove extra. At this moment, the formation of a skeleton of a young tree.
For the second year, the procedure is completely repeated, which allows you to create a basis for good fruiting. Since the third year, trimming varies significantly, the main attention is paid to the pruning of weak, dried or affected branches, shortening young shoots exceeding 0.5 m, and creating a base for the growth of a large number of young stones, which will eventually give a crop. Subsequent years of trimming of unnecessary branches is carried out according to the third year of growth.
What instruments are needed?
For convenient and fast trimming trees, it is necessary to have a specialized inventory that allows you to cope with the branches of any thickness and height without any problems. Dachnik must have:
- a secateur on long handles;
- Specialized garden knife;
- hacksaw, to work with a tree having a thin and sharp canvas;
- paint (or special solution for treating trees) and brush for applying.
In order not to put the damage and not to enter the infection, before any trimming, it is necessary to disinfect the entire garden tool with alcohol or alcohol-containing solution. For the optimal result and the rapid process of trimming, it is important to follow the sharpness of the inventory and turn it on time.
For any culture need care, especially if it is a fruit tree. One of the most important elements of garden care is to form the crown of trees and creating optimal growth conditions. To properly trim peaches, you need to know the main types of pruning and understand their purpose.
Select such varieties:
- Economic – removal of damaged, patients, dried twigs;
- Restorative – removal of branches incapable of further growth, not survived by frost or broken bad;
- Detaped – allows you to carefully examine each branch on the tree, cut off unnecessary and shorten the main to activate the growth of culture;
- Contour – shortening and removing side branches, to curb the growth of the tree in width;
- Recovery-forming – It is carried out for the next year after the rejuvenation of the tree, all branches are shortened by 30-50% to obtain a new fresh stroke, from which a new basis will be formed;
- Differential – removal and shortening of the upper branches so that Krone does not thicken.
The first peach trimming is carried out when landing, all twigs are substantially shortened, which allows to obtain a massive growth of green mass by the next year. Trimming a young tree is held annually, during the first three years of its goals. Crossing the annual tree is necessary to create the right tree crown. This procedure is repeated for two-year peach, but in addition to maintaining the right skeleton of the plant, the plant is carried out for the formation of active fruiting. Starting from the third year, all extra branches that do not give a crop are cut off, patients are removed, dry, growing down and inside the tree.
Trimming is carried out for adult wood, its main task is to rejuvenate the plant.
One of the first varieties of trimming, with which the dacnik must familiarize himself is formative. With this procedure, it is possible to form a skeleton of wood, stimulate the growth of the main branches and remove the extra. Thanks to such manipulations, peach can send food to certain needs. In the first two years, this is the growth and development of culture, in the following – active fruiting.
The formation of peach should be carried out according to certain criteria.
- After planting, the main branch is shortened, if there is no side. If you have side, they need to trim by 20-30%.
- Spring trimming of annual peach requires removal of unnecessary side branches. It is necessary to leave 3-4 branches, which will grow in different directions, their length is reduced by several kidneys. The central branch is completely cut off.
- On a two-year-old tree, the main branches are shortened, the new piglet on them is cut off, leave only 2-3 branches, growing horizontally and at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other.
- On a three-year peach, pruning is made in the same way, the new piglery is revised, only the strongest branches are left, the rest are cut off, last year’s pig is shortening for several kidneys.
Thanks to the removal of a large number of branches, peach is able to give all the forces on the process of fruiting. Properly cropped trees have larger fruits, their taste quality is significantly better than taste of peaches from launched plants.
Sanitary trim is carried out in spring, thanks to this procedure, you can remove unnecessary branches that will be a ballast for culture in the new season.
Fully removing branches are necessary in such cases:
- in the presence of traces of the disease, fungi or parasites;
- not surviving frosts, extinct branches;
- incorrectly growing, curved branches;
- branches that are directed down or inside the crown;
- Everything that begins to grow below the main branch, the roasting pigs should immediately cut off;
- branches that grow at an angle of 45º and more, such branches do not stand the weight of fruits and break;
- “Wipes”, branches that grow vertically, they are not fruiting, but only take the vitality of the tree.
I remove everything more superfluous from peach, you can count that in the new season the tree will give a good harvest.
Peaches are actively growing and fruit from 15 to 20 years, but if you regularly rejuvenate the tree, then this process can be lengthened to 25-30 years. To help the adult tree regularly fruit, it is necessary after 7-9 years after the first harvest to rejuvenate.
The essence of this process is that branches that are over five years old must be completely trimmed. If the peach is healthy, then in one season you can remove from 1 to 2 major old branches. Rejuvenation is carried out for several years. During this period, young, it appears young, it is strengthened and with time is ready to be fruit.
Dachini advise to remove only old branches, and not cut all the young pig. If the old tree has to remove all the young, then it begins to give “wolf”, useless, growing up branches that take force from peach and do not give fruit.
With proper trimming and proper care, you can taste juicy fruits for a few more years.
Peach care is carried out throughout the entire period of tree activity. Regular pruning and monitoring of the condition of culture allow you to grow a healthy and strong plant that can please be plentiful and tasty harvest.
In addition to trimming branches in autumn and spring during the season, it is also necessary to check the paper of the peach, removing diseases affected by disease, damaged by pests or unnecessary branches that prevent the normal growth and development of the tree. With too active growing crown, the tree pays less attention to the fruits, so it is important to remove everything that this year will not give a crop.
Pruning Peach crown has two main tasks.
- Practical. Allows you not to overload the plant and give the opportunity to concentrate all the forces on fruiting.
- Aesthetic. Externally, the peach may look different, the choice of a trimming method allows you to form a desired appearance of a culture that will not only bear fruit, but also please.
To decide on the trim diagram, you need to get acquainted with all its options.
This option is the most common, you can use it in any climate. Thanks to the correct trimming, the tree has the ability to evenly get sunlight and ventilate good.
The process of wood formation must be started immediately after landing. The process looks like this:
- a year after the landing, the top is cut;
- On a two-year-old tree, 2-3 main branches are left, the rest is removed;
- On a three-year-old tree on the main branches, up to 5 shoots are left, the rest are cut;
- In the future, it is necessary to remove the extra branches, look at that the top does not go into growth and the plant was not overloaded.
Cropping a peach correctly, you can get a beautiful fruiting tree.
In those regions where the climate is cold and in winter there are severe frosts, destroying for a peach, the only possible option is a grape or a bush method of trimming. So that the tree grew high up, it is cut into the first year after landing. In each subsequent year, a new piglet will appear on which the main branches are left, but shorten by 15-20 cm higher than the previous. This method allows you to restrain the growth of the tree and form the similarity of the bush that is easy to cut and hide for the winter.
The greatest popularity of colonum trimming uses farmers who grow whole gardens of these fruits. Thanks to small dimensions on the site, you can place more trees and get a significant harvest with them. Pruning a colonum peach is held all season: in spring, summer and autumn. For each period there are recommendations.
The main task of the procedure is to control the height of the tree, cropping most of the side branches and substantial shortening of the main, which will be fron.