The need to learn how to protect grapes from birds, how to save it to scare off and other methods, occurs from each loving and amateur. Not all the winged guests climb the berries completely, but they cause significant damage to crop, damage the skin, attracting OS and other pests. Uses how to establish protection against sparrows and starling, you can independently make insulation if they peck grapes, as well as apply various means to keep birds away from spice.
What birds eat berries?
Not all winged guests of the vineyard like berries. That is why, when organizing protection, you have to pay attention to the classification of feathers. Taste bird preferences also differ. Galka – real gourmet preferring white nutmeg varieties and dark. They represent a special danger due to the fact that they prefer to move by flocks, differing from this excellent appetite.
Tits and sparrows do not smooth berries completely, but damage them, drinking part of the juice.Special discontent of the gods, they cause the fact that they begin to spoil the clusters long before full maturity. Dark grape varieties can attract starvation or organizing, whites like forty, corona. Drozes are omnivorous, eat the spice berries entirely, a flock of a few days can destroy a big harvest.
How to scare?
The easiest way to help protect grapes from birds during the period when they actively peck the berries are to install repellent devices or devices. They work autonomously, and therefore, the dacket itself almost nothing will have to do.
Saving landing from the visits of the unborn guests will help the sound repeller, which broadcasts the timer screaming of predatory birds.
But there are other options.
- CDs with a mirror surface. Sparkling scares feathery, but if you do not change the location, they will soon get used to it.
- Bright blue garbage bags. They are cut off so that the edge of the edge is broken, making noise. Blue color scares birds, and sounds create an additional effect.
- Aerial snakes in the form of predatory birds. They must die over landings. This method works well in combination with sound scarement.
- Balloons made of durable material. It is better to take options for blue, orange, black or white colors. On their surfaces are drawn around the circumference. The agronomists calculated that the optimal distance between them should be equal to an angle of 72 degrees.
- Magnetic tape of old cassettes or bobbin. They still have in stock in many summer residents. The only problem is that this method is not on all feathered guests. Skvorts of such noise are afraid, and daws and forty – no.
- Combined disk and plastic bottle system. In the hole in the center of the CD, the neck of the container. The edges of the bottle are caught with stripes, creating a shovel in the wind. Such a design will definitely alarmed even the most careless birds.
- Garden scarecrow. You can make it with a body and heads from blue plastic bags, amplifying effect. It is important to periodically move the “Guard” on the territory, otherwise it will soon be afraid to be afraid.
The main harm to the poultry berries begin to apply in the second half of summer, from the middle or end of July. Brownish guests visit the vineyard twice a day – in the morning and evenings. Accordingly, the selected reflection tools must be well visible at any time of the day. Also, special vigilance will have to be exercised during periods when chicks are taken out in nature. They fall on June and August – the younger generation attacks the bunches especially actively.
Do not always scare birds. If the harvest is attacking sparrows, blinds, wagtles, the problem is often able to solve with water plates placed in the garden.
The fact is that the pennate guests damage the berries, trying to get the required amount of moisture. If you thorough them thirst in a different way, to invent complex protection does not need.
Wanting to save the riding clusters from the sparrows, blue, drokes or a check box, many dacms use comprehensive protection.
- Most often in the course of stockings go inside which clusters are placed. Large plantation can be omitted with camouflage or fishing nets with small cells. But the birds are often confused in such fences, may die or demand salvation. When selecting the means of isolation, it is important to find a compromise between the transmission and the size of the cells – too large will leave the loopholes for birds.
- Small landings require other measures. 1-2 Vines can be protected using individual net bags sold in specialized stores. If you cannot buy them, you can use meshes for vegetables, inwards are placed with greeted brushes. Some dackets independently sew protective covers from ordinary window mesh.
- Japanese insulation method also deserves attention. Here fruit brushes are covered on top of miniature caps. They close air overview, making spice berries invisible for pests. You can make a similar shelter by independently by fixing a disposable plastic plate as a cone. You can cope using the most common stapler.
- No less popular solution are special finished agromature materials that provide additional UV protection for leaves and berries. Mesh canvas are well ventilated, passed air, provide additional protection against insect pests. Under such shelter, you can easily provide the necessary care.