Most often, gardens grow raspberry with cuttings. But currently used seeds for the breeding of this culture. Today we will talk about how you can grow raspberry from seed material, what kind of varieties are suitable for this when you can land.
Advantages and disadvantages
The reproduction of this culture seeds has a number of important advantages.
- No need to prepare cuttings. Sometimes it is quite difficult to choose suitable strong and healthy parts for further cultural reproduction.
- You can withdraw another species. Often when growing in this way, a different, not similar to the parent plant.
- Saving. The billet of seeds at home can take a little bit of time. In addition, the seeds in the finished form can be found in almost any specialized store at an affordable price.
But this method of growing raspberries has a number of significant flaws:
- inhomogeneous shoots;
- Low level of germination (approximately 50%);
Special attention should be paid to the selection of raspberries. For such breeding, it is possible to choose almost any kind, but still preferences should be given to varieties that differ in large-end and long fertility. Most often, the seeds put the following varieties.
- “Hercules”, “Zyugana”. Most common in the southern part and in the middle lane.
- “Bryansk Divo”. The kind got widespread in the cold northern regions.
- “Yellow giant”, “Giant”. Refer to dessert options.
- “Hussar”, “Polan”. They are considered the most yield.
Selection and collection of material
Seeds for the future sowing can be assembled independently from the selected variety. For this, a strong shrub is selected without damage, from which a ripe berry can be carefully removed. On the prepared material there should be no defects, malicious organisms. After that, proceed to the processing of torn berries. It must be put on the dressing gauze dilted in advance, then squeeze all the juice. The solid remaining mass is placed in a circle with water and is thoroughly washed.
After such a procedure, small seeds should be overlap. They are collecting and removed. The liquid from the tank is drained. It will have to stay small bones, which will need to squeeze, put on a dry paper napkin, dry well in a ventilated room, be sure to protect against sunlight. Controls that these bones are not overdid. In their inner part there must be a minimum amount of water.
High-quality landing material must be quite solid and small. Seed shape will be round-oval. Coloring for such material most often white with a light yellow tint.
In the preparation of the seed material it is worth remembering that it will not always be the maternal characteristics. In this case, everything will depend on how the flower of the culture was pollinated with which the berry was cut off.
When and how to sow?
Prepared seeds should be sown in spring or autumn. In the first case, it is recommended to do it in early March. In the second procedure, they are carried out approximately 2 or 3 weeks before the onset of frosts. All manipulations can be performed at home.
It is allowed to plant and unpractosed seed material, but still in advance the treatment will significantly speed up the process of germination, as well as increase the chances of a good result. Exception will give the opportunity to remove all unsuitable seeds.
- First, the seeds neatly labeled between two gauze layers. In this form, everyone is cleaned into a dry darkened place and stored there 2 or 3 days. During this period, the fabric will need to periodically moisten a little, it should not be dry.
- So that such a procedure is successful, it is stratification. It involves ensuring the most favorable conditions for the preparation of sowing. If you are going to sow in the spring time, then the seeds are laying off in a dump or other tissue bag, slightly wet it and sent to the refrigeration chamber.
- In this case, the sowing material must be periodically sorting. Also need to control so that it does not fall. Optimal temperature for stratification is 1-5 degrees of heat.
- All seeds before germination are recommended to be treated with special fungicides. This will reduce the chances of the appearance and development of various diseases to a minimum. You can also take advantage of special growth stimulants that provide quick germination.
- To germination to be successful, you must carefully take advantage of the choice of suitable capacity and substrate. Capacity should be depth no more than 15 centimeters. You can pre-purchase a pot for seedlings of plastic with drainage holes.
- For these plants, the substrate, which is saturated with potassium and nitrogen will be the best option. To prepare the Earth, in the same proportions together, connect sand, earth and peat. The finished thoroughly mixed mixture is neatly decompressed by clean dry containers.
- On the surface of the substrate obtained, prepared raspberry seeds are evenly distributed, they are plugged at about 0.5 centimeters. All this is slightly sprinkled with clean sand.
- After that, all the containers are covered with polyethylene. Plastic containers with seeds are cleaned into a bright and dry place. At the same time, they should not fall on them.
Sowing in spring and autumn possess their advantages and disadvantages. So, in the opinion of the gardeners, when carrying out such a procedure in the fall, young sponsings are much easier to get used to the outside environment. In addition, the material will not need to replant and harm the rapid roots. But for autumn sowing it is useful for more seeds, because some of them will die quickly. Also with sudden temperature changes there is a risk of frozen young sprouts.
In the spring landing, it is possible to significantly speed up the process of the appearance of sprouts, in domestic or in greenhouse conditions there are much more opportunities for proper vegetation care.
The material can be sent to open soil after the end of frosts. But at the same time, there will be a long time to store seeds, supporting the appropriate microclimate. There is also a high probability of damage to small roots in transplanting to a permanent site.
Such material, germinated at home, will be better developed in the spring year, so the seedlings obtained should be planted before the young kidneys begin to bloom. As a rule, this period accounts for April. Earth must be as farred as possible and not strongly acidified. In this case, the optimal option will be the black soil, light loams, which were pre-jammed by organic substances in advance. Crickerels should be chosen either semi-leave or solar. But in the first case, shoots may be too thin.
Young seedlings need to be placed at a distance of 70-80 cm from each other. All this is done in a single trench or in separate wells that dig in advance. At the same time, on the bottom of all seats it will be necessary to pour a large clean sand, it will act as a drainage layer, it is also recommended to pour out a small amount of ash and nutritional feeding.
As a fertilizer, the compost, peat, as well as humus. Roshkov transplant better to do together with an earthen room. After planting vegetation, the beds necessarily moisturize well. Earth between rows will need to be mulch. Remember that raspberry cannot be planted in places where this culture has already grew before. Indeed, in such land there may be various pests, as well as pathogens of diseases. Sometimes saplings transplanted into greenhouses. This will be the best solution for the northern regions with harsh climatic conditions.
Remember that after planting young raspberry seedlings, it will be necessary to form a bush correctly. Reload such landings in early summer before flowing. And it is important to keep the strongest and full-fledged root processes. Also, when forming, it is necessary to strive for the distance between the plants reached at least 15-20 cm. If you planted the repairing variety of raspberries, then pruning shoots should also be held in the spring season. This will increase the yield of this type. Culture shoots are recommended to bind to wire or another support.
If you regularly moisturize the beds, as well as apply various organic fertilizers, mineral compositions, the fruits on plants as a result will be much larger. In the autumn time in the soil is better to make ash. Do not forget to periodically mulch the territory so that there is no need to constantly drain the soil. In addition, this procedure will allow maximum reduced by the amount of weed harmful vegetation. For this procedure, straw, sawdust, dry grass are often used. For 10-15 days before the ripening of fruits, the bushes can be treated with duty divorced in water in proportion 1 to 10. After planting, the bushes will begin fruit for 3 or for 4 years.
After 5-6 years, plants are recommended to transplant to another site, because the soil during this time will strongly exhausted. This will lead to a significant reduction in yield, to a decrease in the size of the fruit.