Experienced gardeners know that in order to get a big yield of tomatoes, they need to grow on fertile soil. Therefore, before landing land, it is always necessary to feed well. Many use urea for this purpose.
Advantages and disadvantages
Urea, also known as carbamide, is a high-quality mineral fertilizer. Produce it in the form of small white or light gray pellets.
As a fertilizer for feeding decorative and garden crops, it is used since the XVIII century. During this time, he had a very good reputation.
Urea differs from other fertilizers in that it contains a large amount of nitrogen. At the same time, it does not at the soil such a strong negative effect as ammonium sulphate and other ammonia fertilizers. Carbamide has both the advantages and disadvantages to which it is worth paying attention to its purchase.
To begin with, it is worth noting the advantages of this fertilizer:
- It is completely dissolved in water and quickly absorbed by roots of plants;
- Suitable for all types of soil without exception;
- The cost of fertilizer is low;
- The product protects tomatoes from the development of diseases and pest attacks;
- does not have an unpleasant smell;
- In the composition of the product there is no chlorine;
- accelerates the growth of plants and the appearance of fruits;
- does not contribute to the upgrading in the fruits and the soil of nitrates;
- Can be used in a complex with potash and superphosphate fertilizers.
Disadvantages as such do not have this fertilizer. But if it is wrong to use it, it can lead to a plant burn or slow down its development.
If you do not comply with the proportions when fertilizing the soil and disembarking seeds, the carbamide can significantly reduce the germination of seedlings.
Urea can not be called universal feeding. Therefore, experts do not advise use it too often. It will be useful for the plant only in the first stages of its development.
- When sowing seeds. First of all, fertilizer is added to the drawers with the ground before planting seedlings. This allows you to accelerate the growth of tomatoes from the very first days.
- After transplant. For the second time, urea is used after a grown plant has been transplanted to open soil or greenhouse beds. After planting seedlings, you need to wait 7-8 days. Otherwise, the plant will quickly go into growth, but the roots will be weak. Watering young seedlings before this period cost only if the plant begins to wake after transplantation.
- After a half months after disembarking. At this stage, fertilizer is necessary in order to strengthen the plant, as well as speed up the process of formation of the string.
If the soil in which tomatoes are grown, poor, the urea plant can be treated twice. For the first time after the inflorescences will begin to be. This will improve tomato fruit.
The last time the bushes are treated with urea during the period of fruiting. At this stage, in addition to urea, other microfertilizers can also be used. Add them necessary, focusing on the needs of the plant itself. After making feeding the soil, you need to explode well and pour. It also stimulates the process of fruit development.
Additional feeding plants are also needed if the following problems are observed in their development:
- seedling or an adult plant develops too slowly;
- Leaves of young sprouts pale or become light yellow;
- Fading foliage falls from bushes;
- Tomato shoots become weak, thin and begin to tear down to the ground;
- Fruits on the bushes practically do not develop.
If you do not bother tomatoes on time, then culture may well die.
On sunny days to handle plants urea is best in the morning or in the evening. Especially if the spraying method is used. The fact is that the liquid evaporates faster. Fertilizer does not have time to fully appreciate, so burns appear on the leaves. On cloudy weather, it is possible to spray plants in the daytime.
Preparation of fertilizer
Before using fertilizer for feeding it you need to pre-distribute. Most often 1 tablespoon of granules dissolve in one bucket of water. It contains about 10 grams of carbamide. For the preparation of the solution it is worth using warm water. The use of cold water can lead to the appearance of phytoofluorosis or pulse dew. The resulting solution should be enough for watering 9-10 bushes.
In order not to harm plants, it is worth paying attention to the information on the package. There usually indicates the norm and rules for making fertilizer.
In some cases, the correct dosage may differ slightly from the above. Since urea is very quickly dissolved, it is necessary to use the resulting solution immediately after its preparation.
To get a maximum of benefit from plant treatment, it is worth knowing the subtleties of using urea at every stage of their development.
When landing seeds
Before using urea, the earth must be well moistened. Per 1 sq. M. Square when landing seeds used 20 g of drug. If urea is brought together with organic fertilizers, there will be a third of this dose. Before planting plants in the boxes, the carbamide is best pre-mixed with the soil. No need to allow the seeds to be in contact with urea granules. This can lead to the fact that the bushes of tomatoes will develop very slowly.
Watering the plants after making fertilizer only after a few hours.
Since the carbamide is perfectly soluble in water, most of the gardens prefers to use it not in dry form, but in the composition of the solution. Breed the product is needed directly before processing plants. Watering the tomatoes with urea solution. It is necessary to root. Spend this procedure best in the evening. 50 g of fertilizers and 10 liters of water are used for the preparation of the solution. Like other liquid fertilizers, urea is not recommended to make dry soil.
The solution must be used either after the rain, or pre-watering the bed. In this case, the effect will be more noticeable.
To protect tomatoes from diseases and their feeding plants can be sprayed. It is necessary to do this if the tomatoes develop slowly and bent to Earth. Extra-corner feeding is good because it is very quickly absorbed by the plant. After such treatment, the plant becomes green and lush. Well-developed bush is not afraid of pests and diseases.
Processing plants need a solution consisting of a tablespoon of granules and 10 liters of water. It is more convenient to spray tomatoes from the spray gun. If the plant pale the leaves, then the magnesium sulfate is needed into the solution. In one liter of fluid in this case, 3 grams of powder is added. Spraying plants with urea solution It is advisable to produce in the evening. In this case, in the morning it is absorbed into the leaves along with the dew.
In order to not harm your health, it is necessary to comply with the safety technique when working with the drug. Before spraying, you need to change clothes into work clothes, as well as put on gloves and safety glasses. Do it need working both in the greenhouse and on the usual garden.
Tips for use
Carbamide can be used both in the open ground in the garden and in a greenhouse or greenhouse. In order not to harm the plant, it is worth avoiding the most common mistakes that make many gardeners.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage. The use of too concentrated solution will not increase the harvest. The plant, on the contrary, will begin to gain an excess green mass. Fruits will develop very slowly.
- When storing urea it is very important to protect the granules from moisture so that the product does not deteriorate. It is best to store the product in closed packs.
- You can not use a solution cooked for root feeding for spraying plants. It turns out more concentrated. If his drops fall on the leaves and stalks of the plant, burns will appear on it.
- If seedlings are grown in greenhouses, they need to be well ventilated. Otherwise, ammonia, which enters the air, can harm a person.
- You can not make a carbamide in dry ground. If there is no possibility to pour the earth, the granules must be sprinkled with a thin layer of soil. It is necessary that nitrogen is more firmly strengthened in the soil and not so actively washed away with precipitation.
- Using urea during the rainy season also does not give positive results. Especially in the event that the fertilizer is underway. Indeed, in this case, nitrogen compounds simply wash out of the soil.
- It is not recommended to use fertilizers containing nitrogen during flowering plants. This may lead to the fact that the bush will not be formed, and the leaves will form. It is also impossible to use fertilizer and autumn so as not to provoke the growth of new shoots at the time when plants should prepare for winter.
- Do not use the carbamide for more than five times in the season. The last two feeders are not required and fertilizer needs only if the soil is too poor.
- So that the soil does not oxidize due to excessive nitrogen content in urea, along with this fertilizer it is worth using lime. It is able to neutralize its impact on the ground. 2 kilo urea need to use 1 kilogram of lime. Instead of lime, you can also use wood ashes, bird litter and superphosphate.
To achieve success in the cultivation of tomatoes, you need to constantly monitor their appearance and fertilize plants in a timely manner correctly selected feeders. In this case, even such a capricious culture will delight gilders rich harvest.
How to make the urea feeder for tomatoes, you will find out in the following video.