Radish is one of the most imperative cultures. You can grow it both in the open soil and in the greenhouses. Today we will talk about the peculiarities of cultivation of such vegetation in greenhouse structures.
To begin with, pick up the most suitable varieties of radishes for planting in greenhouses. The optimal option will be the following types.
- “Zarya”. This raven variety quickly sprouts. As a rule, this goes no more than 25-30 days. Fruits will have a round shape and dark red color. They have a juicy and soft.
- “SAKSA”. This species is the rapid. The growing season has 20-25 days. It is distinguished by high yield. From 1 kV. m can be collected up to 3-3.5 kilograms of fruits. “SAKSA” is considered to be resistant to droughts, temperature changes. Fruits grow round shapes with saturated color. They have a white juicy flesh.
- “Helro”. Such a rapid variety of radishes specifically led for greenhouses and greenhouses. Fruits grow up with a saturated color, rounded form. The species is considered a crop, with 1 kV. m can be gathered on average 3-3.5 kilograms.
- “Greenhouse”. The roots of such a variety have rounded or oval shape. On their surface there is a small tip. The average weight of one fetus is 25-30 grams.
- “Firstborn” (hybrid). This variety of radishes allows you to get smooth, dense and large root corners. Coloring they will have bright red. Matures a view of about 15-18 days after landing.
- “Presto”. This specification is ultra. Vintage can be collected 16-17 days after the formation of young shoots. Fruits grow dense and red.
The necessary conditions
To get a good harvest of vegetables in such conditions, it is worth abiding the main conditions of cultivation. The optimal option for such a culture will be the construction of polycarbonate. In areas with severe winters, special winter greenhouses with heating should be built. Heating equipment can be both electric and gas.
Building from polycarbonate are characterized by good thermal insulation, increased translucent. They will be able to serve without breakdowns for many years. In addition, the greenhouses of this type are very light, flexible, but with the durable and reliable. If necessary, they can be transferred to another place on the site.
Similar structures have a neat aesthetic appearance. But it is worth noting that they have a relatively high cost.
Some gardeners place greenhouses from glass and polymeric materials on their sites, but they are significantly inferior to polycarbonate structures.
In any case, to obtain a good crop, it is necessary to ensure the optimal temperature regime. In the afternoon, it should be 18-20 degrees of heat, and at night – 10-11 degrees of heat. The temperature of the soil should be at least 10-14 degrees.
It is also necessary to ensure the optimal level of humidity. It must be within 65-70%. Lighting is important. Throughout the day, the design should be well covered within 10-13 hours. On rainy days, you can use the special ceiling light for vegetation. Remember that with excessive illumination culture can just go into the arrow.
In any case, the design must be maximum sustainable to withstand winds of wind, snowfall and other atmospheric precipitation. In addition, the construction must have streamlined forms.
In greenhouses and greenhouses, it is necessary to provide a ventilation system in advance for ventilation and to remove water. You can also install an automatic irrigation system and choose a suitable mode for culture.
Dates of landing
Dates of landing of radish in the greenhouse can vary significantly depending on the growing region. The landing can be carried out after the snow mass leaves when the air temperature will be close to 0 degrees.
In the Urals, in the suburbs, the culture can be planted already early in spring. In Siberia, landmarks are held much later.
Before entering directly to landing of radish, it is necessary to carry out certain preparatory activities.
It is important to properly prepare plant seeds. For this seeds first sifted through the sieve (its holes should be no more than 2 millimeters). Next, they are soaked in a solution of mangartage for several hours. Such a procedure will protect vegetation from various diseases and pests in the future.
After that, the seeds of the radish are soaked in a solution with wood ash (per 100 milliliters of the liquid account for 1 teaspoon of ashes). This procedure will allow to stimulate the growth of plants. Next, the planting material is well drying on a paper towel.
It should be prepared in advance and soil. Remember that growing radishes is best on Earth with neutral acidity. Otherwise, vegetation will often be sick. Soil may be different. Most often, for its preparation, the garden ground and humus are mixed with each other, it is also possible to make a mass of humus, turf soil and peat, from the turf soil and soil taken from the greenhouse design. If you do not want to prepare yourself yourself, you can buy it in the ready-made form in stores.
Soil preparation must be carried out already from autumn. It will be necessary to make mineral feeding. The optimal option will be superphosphate (40 grams per 1 kV. m land). You can additionally contribute to the organic (compost bucket by 1 kV. m plot). The latter is used in cases where the earth is already very exhausted.
If the ground is too heavy, then it is worth adding sand. Immediately after making fertilizers, the land is carefully loosen, and then smash. Next form are formed, they must have a width of 1 meter. In this form, everyone leaves before the offensive.
A few days before landing, the beds are covered with a special protective film. This is done so that the soil is well warmed.
How to plant material?
Now we will analyze how to put the radishes seeds in the greenhouse. Early spring after snowing snow bypass material is removed from the bed. Next in them begin to plant seeds. They will have to deepen in the ground by 1 centimeter.
Remember that the distance between individual seeds should be about 2 cm, the distance between the individual rows is 5-7 cm. Per 1 sq. M Earth will fall on average 4-5 grams of landing material. It is necessary to sow it as much as possible not to damage.
Land seeds can be in winter. In this case, a special cassette way of planting is used. It will be necessary to first process cassettes with tanks. For this purpose, various disinfectants are used.
With this technology, it is necessary to use only the largest and thoroughly dried seeds of radish. Each branch is poured so far. Next, the seeds are planted into each such cell one by one. All this is slightly sprinkled with sand.
After that, every container with seed material is watered. Then watering spend each day, but in small quantities.
If vegetation is grown in winter, then it is necessary to highlight it at least 12-13 hours a day.
After landing, Radish will need proper care.
- Road and moisturizing. Planted culture will require periodic and abundant irrigation. In too hot weather, such plants need to be moistened every day. With cool and cloudy weather, such procedures are carried out only once every 2-3 days. Watering should be done on a depth of 10-15 centimeters. If the soil is too dry, then the fruits will gradually begin to rude. In the same case, plants are often not tied. With excessive convergence, the root crops will crack quickly. Immediately after irrigated, the culture must be well ventilated, since with a high level of humidity in the greenhouse radishes will quickly be amazed by a black leg.
- Mulching. In order to reduce the evaporation of water and delay it in the ground, you need to lay out the mulch around each bustle. As it is better to use peat or humus. The thickness of such a protective layer should be up to 1 centimeter.
- Relief. If shoots will be placed too close to each other, then it will be necessary to carry out thinning. Remember that distance between plants should be 2-3 cm. When performing the procedure, only weak and sick sprouts follow.
- Subject. Radish also needs in frequent feeding. For such a culture, the optimal variant will be nutritional compositions with nitrogen. At the same time they are made after irrigations (for 1 square. M Earth should have 20-25 grams of substance). Fertilize the land recommended a couple of times per season.
- Loose and weeping beds. It is necessary to conduct such a procedure only if necessary.
- Malicious Protection. In order to protect the plants, it is better to treat them with a mixture consisting of tobacco powder and ash (in proportions 1: 1).
Growing Rules in Greenhouse without heating
Now we will analyze how to properly grow this culture in an unheated building. Such vegetation will not be afraid of frosts. Escapes can easily withstand the temperature in -5 degrees. In this case, the Gerson still need to provide additional heating. To this end, it is better to lay down under the landing. He must be fresh. Previously, it should be well mixed and wait for him to lightly dry.
If there is no such fertilizer, then instead you can take hay, straw or wood chips. Such material is placed and tamped by a layer of at least 25-30 centimeters. After that, it is punctured with steep boiling water and sprinkle the earth. After a few days you can land.
When planting a seed material deepens to 1 cm. The width between the rows should be equal to at least 7 cm. With a thickened landing, shoots will have to cut out several centimeters.
After landing, it will be necessary to delete weary vegetation in a timely manner. It is also important to regularly loose soil and water the culture 1-2 times per day, for this only warm liquid is used (20-22 degrees).
When the first shoots appear, it is better to apply nitrogen-containing feeding. In order to maximize the growth of vegetation, it can be filing with the compositions with potassium. With a sharp and significant reduction in temperature, it is better to further protect the culture. To do this, it is sprayed with water and is covered with a special film. Under the passing material, wet air masses will be accumulated, they will not allow radish to freeze. In the daytime, film material must be removed.
Vegetables planted in a closed construction can be collected in several techniques. At the same time, the first assembly is worth performing about 1-1.5 months after sowing. Most often, the crop reaches 1.5-2 kilograms from 1 kV. m landing.
It is not recommended to tighten with the assembly of root. Vegetables can be dried when they reach medium sizes and get a characteristic bright color.
The varieties of radish with white tips should be removed from the bed in time, how manufacturers advise. Otherwise, rooted roots can be just hollow.
A few hours before the start of cleaning, vegetation is recommended to pour warm water. It is best to moisten the soil in the early morning, and to disrupt the harvest day.
The collected radish will need to rinse well under running water and dry. In this form, rootes can be stored in a refrigeration chamber for 3-4 weeks. If you plan to store it longer period, then you can use wooden boxes.
They are completely covered with polyethylene. Next there neatly lay down ravis. Its slightly sprinkle with a mixture consisting of land and peat. This weight will protect the harvest from rotting.