Girl grapes Pentalist – Beautiful choice for landscape design. Especially decorative this plant becomes with the onset of autumn. On the territory of Russia and neighboring countries, the cultivation of “Engelman”, “Star Shauns” and other decorative varieties has been successfully practiced. You can choose the appropriate option by examining their description, planting features and methods of breeding.
Among the popular leaf falling Lian Devichi grapes, fivethist is highlighted by decorativeness, unpretentiousness and high coating abilities. The historic homeland of this plant is the eastern part of the United States and Southeast of Canada. Also in nature it is found in Guatemala and Mexico. Liana refers to the category of decorative tree plants, its fruit (berry) is inedible, contains oxalic acid, but actively eats in birds in winter.
Pentalist girl grapes are still called Virgin. Its main features can be formulated as follows:
- shoots have a length of up to 20-30 m;
- Color ranges from reddish to saturated green;
- The presence of a mustache having a sucker is about 5 mm;
- Palcounted form of leaves with 5 segments;
- Changing the color over the season from the emerald to the crimson;
- Inflorescences – belties of 80-150 flowers.
This subspecies of the virgin grape adapts well to different climatic conditions. He is pretty warm, it is best to grow in the southern regions.
Overview of popular varieties
The five-hundredth girl grapes, besides his wild subspecies, there are many cultural varieties, highly appreciated by experts in the field of landscape design and ordinary gardeners.
Among them you can allocate the following varieties.
- “Star Shauns”. In Russian-speaking countries, it is often referred to as “Starfall”. The variety of American selection looks like a picture of the artist: in his motley carpet, both yellow and green tones are present at the same time, and pink paints appear in the fall. Sheets smaller than that of wild species, and he grows very slowly, reaching the height of not more than 5-8 meters throughout life.
- “Engelman”. Grade with reduced size leaflets and extremely tenacious mustache, which liana clings for support. The shoots first were reddish, and as we fell, they become green. Special beauty Green carpet of the girl’s grapes “Engelman” acquires in the fall, staining in the carmine-purple tone. Liana gives an annual increase of about 1 m.
- “Muroraum”. Height reaches 15 m, frosty, very decorative. It is chosen when you need to quickly cover the large area of the wall or make a live elevation. Autumn foliage purple, up to 10 cm, effectively shakes deep black berries.
- “Saint Pauli”. This variety has special decorativeness. The elongated sheet plate in combination with the highly branching mustache is well suited for the powdle of the arbors, it looks spectacular in the summer, and in the autumn period.
- Troki or Red Wall. Under these names, the same variety of Polish selection is hidden. This is a maiden grapes with a very bright bronze-green color foliage in summer. In the fall she becomes a crimp. The grade forms a practically solid tight carpet on vertical surfaces. Maximum Lian Length – 7.5 m.
The five-hundredth subspecies of the virgin grape has an interesting subtype of Hirsuta. This puffy liana has pubescent sheets and shoots painted in a bright red tone. Decorative plant, attracts attention.
Pentalist girl grapes developing well on fertile fertile soils. For its landing, choose illuminated areas from the south side. In this case, it will be possible to observe in the fall as green leaves of the plant gradually acquire a noble wine-purple tint. Landing is made in the autumn period with a distance of about 1 m to support and nearest plants. The optimal type of soil for the virgin grapes of this type is the loamlock with weak acidity or obscency. In the preparation of the substrate for the wells, 2 parts of the Earth and humidia are used for 1 sand.
The pit is formed by the width of the root system, but with a small reserve in depth. Be sure to drain the landing well with a large rubble, crushed brick to height 150-200 mm. On top, the sand pillow is 20 cm high, and then prepared soil (up to half). Lunka leave for 14-20 days to soil as a donkey. The seedling of the granular grapes of the fivethyl stitching is placed inside along with an earthen room. Root neck must be located above the edge of the pit. If the already rooted plant is transplanted, he has a preliminary leaf. At the end of the landing, watering and soiling the soil around the bush.
Nuances of care
The main care that the virgin variety of virgin grapes requires, is the periodic watering and pruning of over-smaller liane shoots. Creating favorable conditions for the plant stages like so.
- Regular watering. It is produced monthly, 10 liters per plant. Watering is accompanied by weeding of weed grass, soil loosening.
- Hilling. Devichi grapes prone to latter roots. Periodically, to the base of the Lian need to be pouring the soil, and then slightly dip offense.
- Mulching. Sprinking the soil in the roasting zone of sawdust, peat and breakdown of foliage, you can prevent drying it.
- Podkord. It is required only in the late spring. It will be necessary to add 50 g of nitroammophos for each square meter of landing. Re-feeding, if necessary, spend in summer, in July.
- Pruning and formation. This stage of departure is relevant for plants from 3 years after landing. The screenshes before trimming are fixed on the support in the right direction. Then the crown will periodically hang up the garden secateur over a healthy kidney. In the spring you will have to delete all the extra, moving and damaged vacations.
Having provided sufficient care, it is possible not to be afraid of the development of Liana, its successful growth.
The plant allows us to use different methods of reproduction. The easiest way to get seedlings by shifting. It is performed throughout the warm season, from April to October. The drawing process looks like.
- Selected a weird whip. She should be strong and healthy.
- Cuts off several parts of 15-20 cm, with 3 kidneys on each.
- The obtained billets are transferred to the container with the soil. Tied to the support. Blowing seedlings need up to 1 node.
- Before rooting the cuttings need regular watering, protection against drafts and other external threats.
It is also practiced by the reproduction, which in the case of Lianov always gives good results. In this case, there is no very deep trench next to the rootless shoot of a length of over 3 m. The future gauge is placed in it, it is pumped to the surface of the soil, the earth is poured so that the leaves remain on the surface. Before rooting, the furrow will have to be periodically moistened, but not as often as during shine.
The seed method for obtaining new plants of the five-line girlish grapes is the most difficult and long. Sowing is made under winter or already in the spring, with preliminary stratification. Be sure to pre-soaking the material for a day.
Usage in landscape design
Pentalist girl grapes perfectly suitable for solving different tasks in the field of landscape design. With it, you can perform a balcony or loggia landscaping, veranda, terraces. In this case, it is planted in containers. Livestore is formed by a predetermined grid, and if you fasten it on the wall, it turns out to see a lyana surface.
Also, maiden grapes are actively used in the design of arbor, arches, pavilions. It can be used to growth in the fence or use in vertical garden landscaping. Especially good when covering large areas, Muroraum grades, quickly smasted in width. His landing can be made of a good background for roses or peonies with large flowers. Autumn compositions look well in combination with shrubs with yellow and green foliage, for example, with a variety of aurea Barbaris Tunberg.