There are many different types of fertilizers that differ not only in their composition, but also by the method of cooking and making. One of the most popular and frequently used feeds – Chicken litter. You should learn more about this efficient tool and understand the features of its use.
Composition and properties
Chicken litter as a fertilizer use many gardeners. This is a popular type of feeding, which is characterized by high efficiency. Almost all lovers of beds know about him. The effectiveness of fertilizer is due to its enriched useful elements.
- Nitrogen. This important component makes faster and productive growth of shoots, promotes the active growth of green mass.
- Phosphorus. The necessary organic matter, which is absorbed very quickly by most cultivated crops. Using phosphorus, root plant systems are strengthened, the level of their resistance to bad weather conditions increases, good ripening of fruits is ensured.
- Potassium. Element responsible for maintaining water balance. Activates the enzymes responsible for the formation of aromatic compounds, contributes to an increase in the level of frost resistance of cultures. Potassium effectively helps to keep the crop.
- Magnesium. One of the most important elements that is needed for the accumulation of chlorophyll. Contributes to improving the absorption of phosphates.
- Iron and copper. Components that enhance plants resistance to various infections. Prevent crop damage with dangerous fungal diseases.
- Zinc. Multiplies the amount of vitamin C, carotene, proteins, carbohydrates in plants, contributes to the active growing of rhizomes.
- Manganese. The element necessary for the good flow of photosynthesis. Increases the volume of chlorophyll in the sheet plates, contributes to the synthesis of ascorbic acid and sugars.
- Cobalt. The specified element in the content of feeding from the litter of chickens effectively improves product quality and level of yield.
- Calcium. It has a direct impact on the mechanical composition and the level of acidity of the soil.
- Sulfur. Contributes to the rapid absorption of nitrogen, helping agricultural cultures to adapt to certain climatic conditions.
- Boron. Promotes a significant acceleration of plant growth, makes more affordable for calcium and nitrogen plants, thereby ensuring balanced nutrition.
Benefit and harm
The popularity of chicken litter as fertilizers does not decrease over the years. Many gardeners resort to the use of this particular means to increase productivity of landings and rich yields. The relevance of the feeding is due to many positive qualities, it is inherent in:
- is not toxic;
- Such a means can be stored for a long time, which cannot be said about most of the other types of feeding;
- During storage, it is not suspended, such as superphosphates (popular feeding);
- Chicken litter fertilizer can maintain its beneficial properties for 3 years, which is a good term;
- Perfectly suitable for all possible garden and garden crops;
- effectively stimulates the growth of rich harvest;
- restores the optimal level of soil acidity;
- raises the immunity of cultivated cultures, and also enhances their protective properties;
- Properly prepared and subcutters will not provoke burns and do not harm root landings;
- Chicken litter feeding is an affordable tool;
- The product is environmentally friendly, there are no dangerous and aggressive chemical components;
- costs much cheaper than modern minerals;
- Warning an education on a malicious mold layer;
- Important feature – chicken litter does not increase the danger of fire.
Thanks to a large list of positive qualities, many dacms boldly decide to feed their landings by this kind of fertilizer.
However, the hurry is not worth. Unfortunately, there are no such additives that are deprived of deficiencies, and chicken litter – no exception.
- It must be borne in mind that manure is an organic matter, which was previously recycled by a poultry, so the dacket will face a characteristic Unpleasant odor. This problem rises particularly acute if you need to use the divergent raw materials. In the composition of chicken litter, there is also such a component as ammonia, so it is recommended to store it away from residential areas. A successful solution can be separately prepared for this pit. Material must additionally close the film.
- Despite the fact that in chicken litter contains a sufficient number of vitamins and useful elements, It is necessary to ensure that it does not fall on the sheet plates and the green part of planted crops so as not to harm them.
- Chicken litter use both in pure and diluted state. It is necessary to know exactly all allowable dosages of components on 1 bush. In a clean form, the specified type of fertilizer is allowed to be used only if it comes to the period of preparation for wintering. If you neglect by this rule, the oversaturation may well reflect on the fruits.
- It is impossible to use the fertilizer in question regarding seedlings. This is due to the fact that uric acid can harm the shoots, interfering with their healthy and rapid development.
- Have to be as cautious as possible by making such a feeder. If it is too much, it can negatively affect the state of the soil, and on plants.
- Chicken litter as fertilizer is allowed to use in relation to not all fruits, vegetables and root. Feeding, for example, potatoes, it is required to deliver potassium, or make certain changes in the dilute fertilizer.
What plants can be fertilized?
Fertilizer made from chicken litter can be used by causing many fruit and berry and vegetable crops that summer residents are grown on their sites. We give a small list of landings for which feeding chicken litter will be useful and efficient:
- onion and garlic;
- cucumbers and eggplants;
- Raspberry and strawberry;
Properly cooked feeding safe even for various indoor landings and colors. In this case, the concentration of fertilizer must be 1×100, it is important to prevent fermentation.
How to breed feeding?
Many gardeners and gardeners use Liquid feeds from chickens. Prepare this drug is not at all difficult. To do this, you need to put a fresh bird litter in the reservoir. Then it is required to pour water in proportions 1×1. The resulting solution must be covered with a lid and leave in the warm room for several days (5-7 days enough). So that the fermentation process was more productive, the liquid must be mixed daily.
Do not hurry to use the resulting composition. First it will be necessary to dilute with water. 1 liter will need 10 liters of water. The total number of fertilizers is prepared at the rate of 1 l per 1 m 2 lands. This type of feeding is most convenient to add a few months to the immediate planting of crops.
Properly cooked infusion based on bird litter will demonstrate high efficiency and will not harm plants. The main thing is to competently and thoroughly breed it for the future watering.
Chicken litter fertilizer also requires competent application to in the end to get good results. Consider in detail how you can use this popular type of feeding.
In the form of compost
A bird manual compost can be prepared by 2 ways. One of them is carried out With oxygen (so-called aerobic composting). In the second case, you can do without it (Anaerobic composting). The features of the preparation of compost and its ripening depend on the selected method.
For an aerobic type compost need to prepare a spacious box. It can be built with his own hands from the simplest materials, for example, old boards, a hill, slate or plastic mesh. The dimensions of the reservoir are depending on the volume of raw materials, the height rate should not exceed 1 m. Otherwise the layers below will not hide, but burn.
On the bottom of the box in the role of a drainage layer you can decompose small branches, dried resin. Layers of litter should alternate with waste of plant origin until the capacity of the container is fully filling. Then all the components leave to rebuild, from time to time watering and tracking so that the compost does not breathe. Need to regularly resort to loosening to fill the compost oxygen. This will reduce its cooking time, will reflect on the uniformity of maturation.
To fertilizer has a homogeneous structure, it is recommended to grind all components components before the direct bookmark.
Anaerobic method We use less often, because with it, processing happens for a very long time (1.5-2 years). The compost pit should be hermetic. The completed container is desirable to cover with waterproof material so that there is no access to oxygen.
Compost fertilizer can be made to the soil in the garden or in spring, or in the fall. Add a properly prepared composition in beds before pumping. Using the end of the revolving compost from chicken manure will definitely restore the microflora and the level of soil acidity.
If the gardeners do not hold the chickens, and it is not possible to acquire them for some reason, then You can buy a finished fertilizer. Usually such goods are found in Garden Stores. Shopping fertilizers are manufactured in a poultry farm and granulated. They are formed from the heat-processed and carefully peeled poultry litter.
Granulated fertilizerhas one serious advantage: Upon completion of the processes, it does not lose its useful elements. At the same time, all possible pathogenic and fungal disputes, parasite larvae and weed grass seeds are eliminated. The pellets in the form of granules is stored longer and has more compact sizes. It is very convenient to use it.
From the granules you can easily prepare a high-quality solution, which will later need to water the necessary sections. On packages, detailed instructions are usually present, how to properly prepare. Preparation is carried out in different ways.
- It will be necessary to dilute 100 g of the granules of feeding in the water (enough 10 liters).
- 100 g fertilizer in the form of granules Place in 1 liter of water, wait for swelling. Then bring the solution to the desired volume.
Curving granulated fertilizer from the excrement of poultry, it is necessary to ensure that the rhizomes of planted crops do not come into contact with the granules. To this end, the feeding is required to scatter the length of the bed at the rate of 100-150 g per 1 m 2 or deposit 100-300 g directly under the trees and bushes.
How to store?
Product is required to competently store. It should be borne in mind that concentrated feeding in the decay process can be distinguished by about 0.62 m 3 gases, 60% of them – methane. It has ammonia, which can cause serious harm to cultural plants.
In the waste left from poultry, is up to 2% of lime. It affects the degree of soil acidity.
Considering all the listed features of bird litter, It must be remembered that its improper storage can entail a different kind of trouble. It is recommended to store such a means on a peat litter for a short period. And also permissible to keep fertilizing material in a well-compacted compost pile. This is the best solution if the litter will lie throughout the long time.
If it is necessary that the manure matures as soon as possible and was suitable To further use, it is better to put it in loose compost masses. For example, it can be a sheep, rabbit or horsepower. Each of the layers of organic material should be from 4 to 6 cm. If this condition is met, after 45 days, you can use the finished compost. If an additional one bunch is more densely, it is capable of stored and diving over 6 months.
You should listen to useful tips on the use of fertilizer from chickens.
- Ferthicle in the form of granules should be made during the rescue. Add fertilizer need to be at a depth of at least 10 cm.
- For watering under the root of the feeder is allowed to use, causing vegetable crops, berry plants, flowers and fruit trees.
- If the manure is too much, the roots will be hard and fibrous. Excessive concentration of bird litter-based feeding can provoke burns on any parts of plants and even the destruction of landing.
- To reduce the percentage of ammonia contained in the composition of chicken litter, it should be introduced into the diet of poultry charcoal (1-2% of the total pulp of feed).
How to use chicken litter as a fertilizer, look in the following video.