To obtain a high-quality harvest of grapes you need to create certain conditions for the fruit plant. Gardeners adhere to a predetermined graphic of irrigation, temperature regime and other factors. It is also important to observe the correct distance between shrubs. A suitable landing scheme will allow the plant to develop with comfort, and the care will be as comfortable as possible.
It is necessary to determine the appropriate landing scheme before laying a vineyard, as it will be problematic and undesirable to transplant the fruit plants. The choice of distances affects many factors, given that can be achieved regular fruiting.
Despite the fact that grapes are considered a life-in-law and unpretentious culture, it needs optimal cultivation conditions.
When choosing a suitable growing scheme, gardens take into account a number of criteria.
- Type of growth of variety and structure of the plant. Highlight tall, average and lowered varieties. The structure of the bush may be spread or compact.
- Climate in the territory of the growing region.
- The composition and structure of the soil.
- Method of pollination indicated in the description to each class. Women’s, male or self-free flowers can grow on the vine. There are more space between self-polling varieties than between cross-pollination varieties.
- Option of support (using).
- Number of saplings.
- The timing of crop ripening.
Distance between plants is due to the following factors:
- the needs of a specific variety in lighting, the volume of nutrient components and space;
- The ability to maximize landing thickening without loss of yield.
Experienced dacities consider the above characteristics with mutually exclusive and when drawing up a landing scheme, you need to search for a compromise. The main thing is to take into account the basic requirements of the grade to the conditions of cultivation. Distance between shrubs affects the yield of fruit culture. Many gardeners without experience make landing too thick, wanting to get a maximum of berries from one square meter, but as a result, fruiting only worsened.
If the plants were planted too close to each other, you need to regularly cut forward the vine to release the maximum of free space. Too thick vegetable mass will interfere with the sun rays to warm the berries, and the oxygen exchange will be broken.
There is a standard landing option.
- Diameter of landing pit – 0.5 meters, depth varies from 30 to 40 centimeters.
- In each well post Phone for irrigation.
- Drainage layer thickness – from 10 to 15 centimeters. You can use broken brick, crushed stone or small stones.
- A layer of fertile soil poured over it, which was dug from landing pit. If the land on the plot is heavy, it is mixed with a small amount of sand. Here they drive a peg.
- Between shrubs leave a gap of 1.5-3 meters Depending on the puff of shrub.
- The landing pit to the edges fall asleep the remaining soil. Young plant watered with plenty of water. To preserve moisture and protection against weed plants, over the layer of mulching of organic raw materials (sawdust, needles, chips and other options).
Note: seed grapes in autumn or spring depending on the climate in the region.
Support grapes need at such a distance from each other so that each plant is comfortable throughout the growing season.
With the size of the free space between shrubs, it is necessary to take into account the growth rate, the timing of ripening of berries, the volume of vegetation and the puff of the crown. The low-spirited grapes are planted at a distance of 1.5-2 meters, for the average varieties, the gaps of 2-3 meters are left, and for empty varieties leave from three or more space. Such a distance between the vines will not only provide a stable yield, but also the prevention of fungal infections and other diseases. Often fruit crops begin to hurt because of too thickened landing.
Early varieties are regularly cut to save place on the plot. Such varieties continue to grow even after collecting fruits. This feature is absent from late grapes. Experienced gardeners recommend paying attention for the need for each variety in natural lighting.
For example, white grapes need a dosage amount of light, and with its excess berries become acid. But the red varieties love a large amount of light. It is necessary for ripening juicy and tasty harvest.
The choice of the appropriate distance between the rows is influenced by the following:
- The use of mechanization tools that will be used when caring for grapes, it is necessary to leave enough space for their passage, so as not to damage the vine;
- the gap between plants in adjacent rows;
- Vineyard configuration;
The main criterion is the distance between the plants. If it has from 3 to 3.5 meters in one row, then the breakdown in the aisle should be the same. Otherwise, too close location in the transverse direction will remain between shrubs. There is an opinion that the ranks can be placed more closely when installing a double row. In many cases, such a landing scheme takes place and is suitable for most variety varieties.
The next important point is in the direction of the ranks for each variety. For white grapes, the perpendicular arrangement of the fall of sun rays is ideal, but the shrubs of the red grapes are planted parallel to the direction of light. Thus, it will be possible to create optimal conditions for the achievement of high taste and the development of covers.
For a stelter
Trelliers are often used in the cultivation of most garden crops. Using supports, you can easily arrange a long vine. When calculating the distance between the rows take into account the type of tape. When using single-layer scheme, it is left up to 2 meters of space, while treated with a fruit culture manually. Wide distribution and two perception options. The gap between the rows is calculated from the top edge of the support. With manual handling of shrubs, the distance is left 2 meters, and when using garden mechanized equipment – from 3 to 4 meters.
To achieve better illumination, gardeners are watching the branches that were attached to the sleeper were at a distance of 10-20 centimeters. And also should be taken into account the abdigability and the height of the crown. Grafty grapes needed an increased amount of nutrient elements compared with the core-scale species. The root system is not disregarded and the structure of the root system, in some varieties of roots deep and go far to the ground, and others – are located in the upper layers of the Earth. The device of the used trellis affects illumination. It can be corrected through changes between shrubs.
Tables were compiled, in which the distance between plants, taking into account the root system of the plant and the type of installed chopling.
- Corresponding grapes – distance from 2.5 to 3 meters;
- same types of shrubs but with drip irrigation system – distance from 3 to 3.5 meters;
- Grafted grapes – the gap between the shrub is left the same (3-3.5 meters);
- Grafted plants with a drip irrigation system – from 3.5 to 4 meters.
Scheme for two-plane choler;
- Shrubs with own root system – from one and a half to 2 meters;
- Corresponding grapes, which watered with a drip system – from 1.8 to 2.5 meters;
- Grafted fruit crops – from 1.8 to 2.5 meters;
- grape grapes with irrigation through the drip system – from 2.5 to 3 meters.
In compiling this table, the gardeners used the standard distance between the Lose, which varies from 10-15 centimeters, to 20-25 centimeters.
It is possible to achieve maximum yield when calculating the optimal number of shoots. Shrubs should have enough strength to form not only green mass, but also large covers.
For industrial varieties
When growing fruit culture on an industrial scale, large landings should be issued. To care for a large vineyard, install special drip irrigation systems. They will regularly moisture shrubs and maintain the desired humidity level in the soil. Also install single-layer sets. When cultivation does not do without the use of specialized fertilizers. The required amount of nutrients will ensure the formation of a juicy, tasty and fragrant crop.
To save space on the plot, you can leave a period of one and a half meters between plants, and between the rows should be left at least three meters so that all the agricultural equipment can pass freely.
Distance when landing in the greenhouse
In the boundaries of the northern regions, grapes are often planted into greenhouses, especially when growing heat-loving varieties. Some varieties do not tolerate low temperatures and can even die. Greenhouses will help create comfortable conditions for shrubs and protect them from weathercams. They can establish additional light sources and heating devices to maintain a comfortable temperature regime.
The dimensions of modern greenhouses do not always allow the recommended landing schemes, but special greenhouse conditions make it possible to reduce the distance, while not harming the plants. Food, lighting and watering occur artificially and controlled, so minor thickening is quite admissible. Here you most often use drip irrigation systems and ultraviolet backlights. With greenhouse growing between the rows, they leave up to 2 meters, while shrubs planted at one and a half meters. This disembarkation scheme is chosen by many gardeners throughout Russia.
About what distance to plant grapes, look in the following video.