It is currently difficult to submit a gardener who would not use fertilizer when growing any plants on its plot. Due to their application, you can increase the yield of various crops. Complex feeders allow you to protect plants from diseases and pests.
Pros and cons
Urea is a universal nitrogen fertilizer, which is used by a large number of gardeners and gardens for feeding.
Urea is a nitric preparation in the form of white or transparent round granules that do not possess the smell. Such a form of fertilizer is explained by the desire to avoid learing with long-term storage, as well as to provide bulk. In some cases, the drug is implemented in the form of tablets, which are enclosed in a special shell. A feature of this shell is that it dissolves long.
Therefore, when in the soil, dissolution will occur quite slowly, as a result, no extra nitrification of plants and the soil will happen.
Urea has two more names – it is a carbamide and amide of coalic acid. Chemical Fertilizer Formula (NH2) 2Co. As part of the drug almost half is nitrogen (46.2%), which is very useful for vegetable and decorative crops, due to its use, the growth of plants is reduced and activated. Nitrogen enters the plant protein, he is responsible for the construction of cells. If nitrogen lack is observed, this leads to a small number of shoots, yellowing of the leaves. In addition, signs of lack of nitrogen in plants are:
- slow growth;
- underdeveloped kidneys;
- The number of kidneys is insignificant;
- insufficient fruiting;
- weak short shoots;
- Thin Leaves Pale Color.
The carbamide is well soluble in the liquid, so it is used both in a pure form (in the form of granules) and in the form of a solution.
Pros of the drug are obvious.
- The advantage of the funds is the possibility of its use in any soil, even light or sour. On too moistened land urea is also quite effective. Since the fertilizer is well fixed by the soil, almost not washed with precipitation.
- Also, the carbamide solution does not leave chemical burns on the leaves of plants (in contrast to ammonia nitrate). Nitrogen from the carbamide is easy and quickly absorbed onions. On this basis, urea is equivalent to phosphate and ammonium sulfate.
- This is a convenient universal fertilizer that is suitable for different plants. The urea for Luke acts as an excellent feeding, speeding up and increases yield.
Cons are not so significant, and they are easy to neutralize if you follow certain rules.
- It is necessary to carefully calculate the dosage of fertilizer, because in the case of too strong concentrations next to the seeds will noticeably reduce the level of gentle.
- Since the urea has a property to be strongly moistened, then when stored is necessary to ensure dryness and protect against moisture to fertilizer.
- If low urease content is observed in the soil (hydrolytic enzyme), the carbamide will be ineffective. Then preferably use other organic fertilizers.
Methods of use
Onions are not a very capricious plant, it is not bad to endure minor frosts and air temperature drops. Grow a good harvest of this plant for even not too experienced gardens. But onion crops are quite demanding of the soil fertility. Since the roots do not locate deeply, the top layer of the soil in the garden is quite quickly depleted. Therefore, it is very important to make a feeder in order to obtain a good harvest. Juicy green shoots and large bulbs are formed only under the condition of a sufficient number of the most important nutritional elements, such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. On time and properly performed feeding has a beneficial effect on the head and greens of the plant.
Urea is one of the most concentrated nitrogen fertilizers and is therefore excellent for onion fertilizer. Regardless of the specific variety and type of plant (chalot, bobun, sometimes, the bump) is an effective means.
It is this drug that takes direct participation in the active nutrition of plants and the formation of chlorophyll, which affects the process of photosynthesis.
Carbamide can be used in different periods of plant growth as root and extractive fade.
- Prepaiming. Fertilizer must be added to the soil and immediately close it in the ground to a depth of about 4-5 centimeters so that ammonia does not evaporate. Preliminary fertilizer of the soil is necessary in order to manage to decompose the buuarance, which is formed when the fertilizer granulation. In the preparation of a landing plot for one square meter of the area, it is necessary to make 5-10 grams of granulated urea.
- During sowing. It is required that the seeds and the drug are separated by the soil plate. This condition is necessary, since it is necessary to protect the onion seeds from external influences to which they are quite sensitive. At this stage, it is recommended to carry out complex feeding, using other types of nutrients. The most effective is the combination of urea and potash fertilizer.
- Performing feeding in the vegetative period when the pero of Luke reaches approximately 10 centimeters to height. This stage is of great importance for the further growth and development of onion crops. It is at this time that there is very active growth and therefore the amount of nutrients consumption is sharply increasing, primarily nitrogen.
- Extra-corner feeding is carried out using a manual spraying, which is produced in the morning or evening.
Not all gardeners and summer houses always have scales. Therefore, in order not to make too much tools, it is necessary to remember that approximately 130 grams of carbamide is placed in a glass, in match boxes – about 15 grams, in a tablespoon – 10 grams. For the fertilizer of the onions, approximately 20 grams per 1 square meter will be required. The overabundance of the drug will lead to a deterioration in the quality of the harvest and the accumulation of nitrates in Luke.
Urea for onions is usually used superficially, but at the same time climbing the soil layer. Granules of the drug are scattered directly next to the plants and put on a small amount of land. This is required in order for the maximum amount of nitrogen and other nutrients to fall into the plant. In addition, carbon dioxide ammonium outdoors is prone to quite quick decomposition. Then the beds are smoothed with robble. The next stage is watering. If in the soil, fertilizer interacts with bacteria and enzymes in it.
The carbamide has a property of acidifying the soil, so for the purpose of neutralization it is recommended to use chalk (limestone). It is brought to the ground at the same time with urea. It is important to comply with the correct proportions. On 500 g of fertilizer should add 400 g of chalk.
Urea helps protect plants from infectious diseases. For example, from peronospose onion, brush or purple spottedness. Also, onion plants may be amazed by mildew, at which gray-white flare appears on the feathers. In order to prepare a solution for spraying against diseases, it is necessary to take about 50 grams of the drug and breed it in 1 liter of water. This mixture is effective when protection against various fungal diseases.
When yellowing the leaf urea is quite effective. To avoid this phenomenon of early spring, immediately after the appearance of germs, it is necessary to process the beds with fertilizer. With a lack of nitrogen, first marks only the tops of the onion feathers without dryness of leaves. However, if the situation is not fixed, then the tips of the feathers will begin to spin, and after a while they will simply disable.
The lack of nitrogen in the bow is reflected in the structure and form of the plant feathers. If they become short and too narrow and at the same time change their coloring (instead of bright green, become very pale), then this is a clear sign of nitrogen fasting.
Onions planted in spring and autumn. The maximum need for feeding arises in spring when the active growth of the onion feather occurs. It is also worth using urea in the summer in June so that no gueen greenery. Extra-corner fantastic luka helps growth and protects in parallel from all sorts of diseases.
In the fall, the onion is planted before the onset of frosts. In this case, the feeding is carried out 2 weeks before the landing.
To feed the plant, it is necessary to prepare a solution in a proportion of 10-15 grams per 10 liters of water. The finished nutrient solution can water the beds from the watering can. Right to do it only in the morning or evening hours. Processing can be carried out in the afternoon, subject to cloudy weather. Because when you get a large amount of money on the greenery of Luke with an active sun, the appearance of chemical burns on the plant.
All feeding should stop no later than 3 weeks before the removal of the crop and collecting bulbs. If this is not compared to this rule, the bow does not quite well mature.
Fertilizers in the garden should not be too much. Therefore, it is necessary to adhere to the recommendations and instructions that the manufacturer places on the package with the means. In the case of soil oversaturation with nitrogen, with improper use of the drug, it is necessary to get rid of it with the maximum abundant irrigation on the garden.
To combat pests
Urea is used not only for junk feeding, but also as a remedy for various pests. Treatment is made in spring after the establishment of the plus temperature of the air, for example, more than +5 degrees. The carbamide solution helps to get rid of flies, media, weevil, phon. For the preparation of the solution, it is necessary to dilute 50-60 grams in 1 liter of water. It is worth avoiding the spraying too concentrated solution (greater 100 grams per 1 liter), as this can lead to the burns of green shoots.
The main pest for onion crops is the Lukovaya Fly. In their appearance, this insect differs little from ordinary flies, but it brings a plant much more harm. Activates the Lukovaya Fly at the end of April – early May.
Useful Tips for Application
- Carbamide can be mixed with other types of fertilizers. But they should be dry. In the case of unification of urea and superphosphate, it is necessary to neutralize excessive acidity with limestone (chalk).
- Despite the fact that it is recommended to perform a fantastic of the urea several times within one season, still not worth doing this too often. It is impossible to exceed the amount of nutrient mixture, because in this case, against the background of the active growth of greenery, a large bulb will not be formed.
- Fertilize nitrogen drugs before the arrows will appear because it will later affect the storage. It will not be stored long.
- To ensure good harvest, it is necessary to observe watering regime. In case, even if the soil is saturated with nitrogen-containing fertilizers, the roots of the onions are difficult to absorb them from dry soil. Therefore, so that the bow can get everything useful from the soil, which is there after the feeding, it is required to follow the degree of moisture content of the soil in the garden.
Urea is an inexpensive and affordable drug, which allows to significantly activate the rise of Luke. Therefore, many gardeners choose this particular fertilizer to exercise the junk.