- Authors: AND. IN. Michurin
- Taste: Wine-sweet
- Aroma: Saturated, spicy, thin
- The weight of the fetus, g: 70-100
- Full size: average
- Yield: 35-50 kg with 1 tree
- Frequency frequency: Annual
- Start of fruiting variety: for 3-5 years
- Timing of ripening: Winter
- Removable maturity: August 15 – September 10
See all the characteristics
Pepin Safrana – an excellent option for gardeners that value old winter varieties tested by time. The variety has a number of positive properties, has long been cultivated by almost the whole country. However, to achieve the greatest crops, it is important to adhere to a number of simple rules for its cultivation.
History of removal of varieties
This magnificent grade of apples is obtained and. Michurin back in 1907. by crossing the rennet of Orleans and hybrid species – Pipens of Lithuanian and Chinese Golden. It remained the best variety of varieties obtained by the Great Scientist. He was produced on Tambovshchina, in g. Michurinsk, and in a few years he won other territories of the country. In the State Register Pepin was introduced in 1947. as a species designed for growing on most of Russia. It is now attributed to popular cultures and here, and in the CIS countries.
Pepin got widespread in industrial and amateur gardening. On its base, more than 20 other varieties were obtained (Gorno-Altai, autumn joy, cherry and others).
Description of varieties
Cathedral trees growing up to 2.5-3.5 m. Up to 5-7 years of their crown of a spherical configuration, but later become widescool, with escapes lowered to the ground. Thickened crowns require regular trimming.
Evils elongated, lackless, with green gray color and weak superficial. The downcoming is expressed, noticeably and is well felt when touched. List plates of medium-sized dimensions (5-7 cm), emerald tone, and the tips of the leaves are pointed and strongly published.
Blossom is represented by small, grouped into modest inflorescences with white flowers. During the flowering period, apple trees are becoming a real decoration of any garden.
Features, pros and cons
Features of culture mainly consist in its merits and specificity of cultivation. The advantages of Pepin include:
- stable and rich fruiting;
- high degree of self-duration;
- Excellent regenerating qualities, providing trees with a high degree of survival after trimming or freezing;
- excellent commodity properties of fruits;
- reliability of transportation of harvest;
- High breeding value.
From the shortcomings, we note:
- The propensity of fruits to the miner (for this purpose, timely pruning);
- a weak level of passing the passage;
- Reducing the taste properties of apples associated with the age of plants;
- swelling of mature fruits, especially with sharp temperature fluctuations and winds;
- Average degree of confrontation attacks of froz.
Ripening and fruiting
Color bloom start from early June. Although Pipin is considered a variety of sammond, the presence of cross-pollination allows you to significantly increase its degree of yield.
On traditional seed ingredients, the culture begins to be froning for 3-5 years of growth, but when it is cultivated on dwarf inventions, fruits appear for 2-3 years of growth.
Culture belongs to winter species – removable maturity of apples falls for a period from 15.08 to 10.09.
Every year Pepin brings wonderful yields. Typically, one young tree gives up to 35-50 kg, and after 10 years of crop growth already reaches 170-190 kg. Record yields make up 200-220 kg of apples that can be obtained in September.
Fruits and their taste
Peping fruit saturated sweet, with a delicate grape aroma. Crispy Consistency in Density Average, with a Cream Tint. Fruits Maintenance (70-100 g), rounded configuration, slightly flashed. Skin fruit dense.
Externally, fruits are very attracted by their smooth, yellowish and brilliant skin with a bright blush. Specialists-tastors estimate the taste properties of Pepin on 4.75-4.85 points – almost excellent.
In addition to wonderful taste, there are also long-term storage time apples reaching 230 days, almost until spring. To this add that storage improves the taste of fruits.
Features of cultivation
Productive development of a variety is peculiar to a number of features that it is important to take into account.
After disembarking Pepin, the long period of agrozode will start, providing for watering, feeding and trimming of young. Each of these activities is characterized by certain features that contribute to the normal development of trees, obtaining a good harvest.
- Watering. The first years after the disembarkation of young people requires regular humidification – most often it is 1 time per week for 10-15 liters of water. The required level of watering is determined by means of a simple test, squeezing the earth in the hand – if when relaxing the hand comes, it is necessary to irrigate. Subsequently, the frequency of irrigation is reduced to 2 times a month (with small precipitation) or up to 4 times in dry days. In August, the moisturizing of the plants stop, and the irrigation premisure is carried out by the end of November, when the soil is moisturized by 0.7-1 m. It increases the winter-resistance of the plant, protects the roots.
- Fertilizer. Attention should be paid to the composition of the substrate, since the plant is extremely sharply reacting to the lack of nutritional components. Only with regular feeding you can count on a good harvest. Fertilize the soil follows systemically, adhering to a specific fertilizer application scheme. In the spring, aqueous solution of guano (1: 15) is useful for about 8 liters per tree. After grazing, the tree fertilize the dung alive, mixed on the water (1: 3) by about 10 liters per plant. In September, the culture is fed by manure (5 kg per 1 m² of nearby space) or compost (7 kg per 1 m²). After adding these consistency, the soil is irrigated again, explode and mulched.
- Crown trimming and molding. It is performed in autumn, and in the spring (April). In the first year of growth, the center of the plant is shortened by 2 kidneys, the remaining twigs are cut into 2/3. Over the next 3-4 years, the crown has thinned, pre-marking skeletal branches, eliminating weakening and deformed shoots. In the same period, trimming on a ring of twigs, located at the barrel by 45 ° or 90 °, and not more than 10 mm should be the greatest sizes of the remaining hemp. After 5 years of growth make a fitting with the elimination of the cutting branches and elements thickening the crown. In plants, an adult is 7 years old cleaned the top – it will limit the growth of trees.
Self-pollization – the dignity of the plant, even if there is no apple tree around it, a large proportion of flowers in any case gives fruitful margins. With the use of cross-pollination, the level of fruiting increases sharply. Cancelled pollinators for Pepin are Antonovka, Calville Snowy and Slav. Effective pollination is possible at a distance of about 50 m and more.
The level of frost-resistant Pepin in the central climatic zone is average, this lack of interest is replenished with the self-assessing of trees. So, the bombarded trees, which made frosts from -25 to -30 ° C, can effectively recover and productively fruit. With prolonged exposure to severe frosts, it will take shortening of frozen shoots on 1/3.
Diseases and pests
Culture is poorly protected from various problems arising during growth, often susceptible to common lesions from diseases and attacks insect pests. Frequently appear as a passage, dew pulbeging, cytospose, fruit. Fighting with them is made in typical ways.