Growing vegetable, berry and flower crops today does not cost without applying fertilizers. These components allow not only to largely stimulate the growth of plants, but also increase their yield. One of these funds is a drug called Monophosphate potassium. As can be seen from the name, Fertilizer consists of potassium and phosphorus, but if you consider phosphoric combinations of components, then only monophosphate is used in fertilizer. This preparation of gardeners and gardeners are used for feeding, which is added to the soil, resulting in the plants get extra food and develop better.
Monophosphate Potassium has an important feature that lies in Universality of this fertilizer. The tool is equally efficient both for garden plants and for indoor flowers. The use of chemical monocal phosphate not only increases yield, but also contributes to the sustainability of fungal diseases, and also helps to safely survive the harsh winter months.
Fertilizer is intended for putting into the soil and feeds the plant by passing through its root system. The composition is made during the dive and landing on the permanent seedlings, in the flowering process and after the end of this phase.
The drug is quickly absorbed and actively manifests itself on any kind of green plantings, improving their condition.
In addition to versatility, Potassia monophosphate has other features.
- Under the influence of fertilizer, plants increase the ability to form a large number of lateral shoots. As a result of this, fruitful species formed a plurality of floral buds, which in time form fruit marks, increasing yield.
- Plants are well absorbed by this feeding with all its parts. With its excess, there is no danger to cause harm to plantations, since the surplus of fertilizers will simply remain in the soil, making it more fertile.
- Potassium monophosphate can be combined with various drugs designed to combat disease and pests of green plantings. Therefore, planned processing and feeding can be performed together with each other.
- If plants during their growth are potassium and phosphorus, they are not exposed to pests and fungal dispute. Therefore, fertilizer is a kind of immune stimulation.
- When in the soil of potassium and phosphorus, its microflora composition improves, while the pH level does not change.
Monokali phosphate significantly improves the appearance of colors and fruits – they become brighter, larger, the fruit improves taste properties, as saccharides and useful microcomponents accumulate in them.
Properties and composition
Monophosphate potassium is mineral fertilizer and produced in the form of small granules. To prepare a liquid shape of the granules, it is necessary to dissolve in water, they contain approximately 7-8 grams in a teaspoon – such a quantity is enough to obtain 10 liters of the working solution. Fertilizer in a dry form contains in its composition up to 51-52% of phosphorus components and up to 32-34% of potassium.
The formula of the drug looks like KHPO, it turns out in a chemical transformation from KH2PO4 (dihydroratophosphate), because Potassium monophosphate fertilizer is nothing more than Derivatives of potassium salt of orthophosphoric acids. Changing the formulas made taking into account the use of the finished substance in the agrotechnology, so the finished drug is painted from white to brown shade, which depends on the presence of sulfur impurities in it.
The properties of the cooked solution depend on the duration of its storage and quality of water in which the drug was divorced. It should be known that the powder fertilizer is prepared using boiled or distilled water, and the granular shape can be dissolved in any water. Ready liquid should be used at once, as under the influence of external factors, its positive quality for plants is reduced.
Monocalane salt from a chemical point of view is neutral by pH indicators. This feature allows you to combine the drug with other feeders.
The tool is rapidly dissolved in water and when making it as a bastard feeding extends the flowering phase, allows the fruits to accumulate more saccharides in its composition and increases their shelf life. The use of the means makes it possible to achieve increased growth of lateral shoots, so for blooming crops that are grown for cutting, frequent use of the drug is undesirable, since the cuttings in colors will be short. Such fertilizer is inappropriate to apply for plants that have a slow growth – these are succulents, azaleas, cyclamen, orchids, gloxia and others.
Pros and cons
Like any means, the drug monophosphate potassium has advantages and has its drawbacks.
Let’s start with the positive sides of the fertilizer.
- The duration of the set of buds in plants occurs earlier, and the period of flowering – longer and abundant. Flowers have brighter shades and a bit larger in size than those plants that grow without such feeding.
- Plants cease to hurt with mildew and other fungal diseases. Increased resistance to the effects of garden insect pests.
- Significantly rises frost resistance, since under the action of fertilizer, young shoots have time to crumble and graze before the onset of cold.
- The drug does not contain elements of chlorine or metals in its composition, so plants do not have the burns of the root system when used. The remedy is well and quickly absorbed, and its consumption is economical.
- Granules are well and quickly dissolved in water, the ratio of potassium and phosphorus is selected optimally. The working solution of the plant can be fertilized every 3-5 days, not afraid of the overgrown.
- The drug is compatible with pesticides.
- Favorably affects soil bacteria, does not change the acidity of the soil.
Contraindications for the use of potassium monophosphate for plants. But experts believe that it is not worth combining this tool with nitrogen components – it is better to use them separately.
So that plantings actively absorbed Potassium and Phosphorus, they need a developed green mass, which is recruited by absorbing nitrogen.
There are negative aspects of potassium monophosphate.
- For high efficiency, fertilizer administer plants only in liquid form. The weather conditions also play an important role – in a rainy or too hot summer, the effectiveness of the drug will be reduced. Applying a means in a greenhouse, the latter need to often air and ensure good lighting plants.
- Under the influence of fertilizer, active growth of weed herbs begins, therefore, the weeding and mulching of the soil around the plants will be required regular. It is necessary to perform it more often than usual.
- If the granules enter the influence of ultraviolet rays, as well as with high humidity, their activity is noticeably reduced. The drug quickly absorbs moisture and forms lumps, losing its useful properties.
- A cooked working solution is required to use immediately – it is not subject to storage, as it quickly loses its properties outdoors.
The fact that fertilizer causes an increased ability of plants to bush, does not always happen. For example, floral cultures can lose their decorative attractiveness, and when growing colors for cutting, such copies will be unsuitable.
There are many enterprises in the territory of the Russian Federation who are engaged in the release of chemical mineral fertilizers. We give as an example a list of manufacturers that deliver fertilizers to specialized trading points or are engaged in wholesale sales:
- OJSC “Buiski Chemical Plant” – G. Buoy of the Kostroma region;
- LLC “Modern quality technology” – g. Ivanovo;
- EuroChem – Mineral Chemical Company;
- Group of Companies “Agromaster” – G. Krasnodar;
- Trade and Production Company “Diaanagro” – G. Novosibirsk;
- LLC RUSAGROKHIM – Distributor of EuroChem Company;
- FASTA – G. Khimki of the Moscow region;
- AGROPTTORG LLC – G. Belgorod;
- NVP LLC “Bashinik” – g. Ufa.
Packaging monophosphate potassium can be different – from 20 to 500 grams, and it can also be bags of 25 kg, depending on the needs of the consumer. A drug After opening, it is advisable to quickly implement, Since the effects of air and ultraviolet reduce its properties.
For example, for those who are engaged in room flower growing, one-time packs of 20 grams are suitable, and for a large agricultural complex, it is advisable to purchase in packing bags of 25 kg or big bags for 1 ton.
Before the start of work, it is recommended to familiarize yourself with the recommended dosages for plants, which contains the instructions for the drug monophosphate potassium. So that the flow of dry fertilizer was economical, it is necessary to prepare a working solution in strictly necessary quantities. The volume of the solution depends on the area on which cultures grow, and the types of plants that you are going to feed. The instructions indicate averaged doses and instilled the preparation of the solution that are suitable for most agricultural crops and home plants.
- Undercabe seedlings. In 10 liters of indoor temperature, you need to dissolve 8-10 g of fertilizer. The same solution watered young plants and after dive. This composition can be used for seedlings of indoor colors and adult copies – roses, begonia, geranium, as well as for flowers that are grown in a garden flower garden. For orchids, this means is inappropriate.
- For vegetable crops grown in open soil. In 10 liters of water, it will be necessary to breed from 15 to 20 g of the drug. The working solution is suitable when used on a vineyard, for tomatoes, feeding on winter wheat, for cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkins and other garden crops.
- For berry and fruit crops. In 10 liters of water dissolved up to 30 g of drug. The solution in such a concentration is used to fertilize strawberries, use for grapes in autumn so that it will be better overwhelming, as well as for fruit bushes and trees.
The working fluids water the root plants, but this means is suitable and for spraying – it is sprayed in the evening on the leaves. The tool must have time to be learned by leafy plates and do not dry on them ahead of time. Already after 50-60 minutes, the effect of fertilizer will be reduced by about 25-30%.
The use of potassium monophosphate has its own characteristics and depends on the plant growth phase.
- Undercabe seedlings. It is performed when the first 2-3-leaf leaves appear (seedlines are not accepted into the calculation). Repeated the drug is introduced 14 days after the sprouts will be peaked or placed on a permanent place for further growth in the conditions of open soil.
- Up. Tomatov. For the entire season of the plant after disembarking them in the open ground feed twice with an interval of 14 days between procedures. On each adult bush poured 2.5 liters of solution.
- Fertilizer cucumbers. Watering is performed twice in the season of 2.5 liters of solution for each plant. In addition, extractive feeding is allowed by spraying leaves. If the cucumber jerks take deformed forms, this suggests that the plant is not enough potassium. In this case, spraying drug will help to correct such a situation. The stop must be made precisely on frequent spraying, while watering under the root will contribute only to the growth of the root system.
- Processing of rooted crops, including onion and garlic. A 0.2% solution of potassium monophosphate is prepared – and twice per season abundantly water plantations by this composition.
- Fertilizing fruit bushes and trees. The concentrated solution is treated with the surface of the soil at the rate of 8-10 liters per square meter. On average, under the bush or tree poured 20 l composition. Procedures are carried out after the end of the flowering period, then after 14 days, and the third time – in the second half of September. Such feeders significantly increase the yield and prepare plantings to the winter period.
- Fucking flower crops. 0.1% solution is enough to handle. First, they process shoots, and then the fertilizer is used at the time of the opening of the bud. For each square meter, 3-5 liters of mortar are used. Petunia, phlox, tulips, daffodils, roses, irises and others are well responded to such care.
- Vintage. Basically, this culture fertilizes magnesium and potassium, but in the fall, when the heat falls, it becomes cool, carrying the monophosphate of potassium to aging shoots and prepare for winter conditions. The drug can be sprayed onto leafy plates or deposit. Procedures are carried out 1 time in 7 days before the beginning of October.
Monophosphate potassium Effective to extend the seedlings, if it is not possible to do this in a timely manner due to bad weather conditions. In addition, the means Improves the condition of plants, who for one reason or another began to warm the leaves. For fruit potassium plants in combination with phosphorus Allows you to keep DNA molecules in the original state, What happens is very important for varietal varieties that can be degenerated over time. The combination of potassium and phosphorus make the fruit sweeter thanks to the accumulation of sucrose in them.
Since potassium monophosphate is a chemical agent, then before breeding granules or water powder, It is recommended to use personal protective equipment – gloves, glasses and respirators that protect the skin and mucous membranes of the eyes and respiratory organs. If the solution hit the open areas of the skin or mucous membranes, it must be immediately washed away with a large number of running water. When the working solution in the stomach, it will be necessary to urgently cause vomiting, having accepted as much liquid as possible, then you need to immediately appeal to medical care.
All work with a chemical drug is required to spend away from children, animals and water bodies with fish. After executing the procedures for fadeing plants, wash your face and hands with water using soap.
Fertilizer cannot be stored and applied next to the place for receiving or cooking, as well as in the immediate vicinity of drugs. Capacities with a dry drug and diluted water tools are required to hermetically close.
For feeding plants, gardeners often combine pesticides or other mineral complexes. In case of use Potassium monophosphate It is important to remember that it cannot be combined with magnesium or calcium drugs.
Mixing with these components, potassium monophosphate is neutralized itself, and also inactivates magnesium and calcium. Therefore, the result from such a mixture will be zero – will not bring plants either harm or benefit.
On how to apply potassium monophosphate, see the following video.