Growing and breeding flowers (both indoor and garden) is a popular hobby. However, it is often for the plants to actively grow and develop, you need to use a variety of feeders and fertilizers.
When feeding is needed?
First you need to deal with when the flowers require feeding. It should be understood that the timing may vary depending on which colors are about (for example, pots in pots or kashpo, garden colors). Some varieties require feeding in the fall (most often – in November), others – in spring. Among other things, the variety of plants should also be taken into account.
Speaking about how to fertilize the flowers properly, it is important to emphasize that this procedure must be regular. In relation to those plants that grow at home, this is due primarily to the fact that they are in a fairly limited space, respectively, is limited and the area of their nutrition.
In the process of its growth and development, the flower depletes the soil, which, in turn, needs additional nutrients into it.
Since the plant is a living organism, according to its appearance and state, it can be concluded that the need for fertilizers has come. Such signs can be the following characteristics:
- The flower grows very slowly, there are delays in its development;
- The stalks in their characteristics are very weak, and in the form – elongated;
- The leaves have a lack of color, they are small in size, drooping;
- The plant is easily aware of negative influence: temperature drops, diseases, pests (the most frequent signs in this respect – the yellowing of the leaves, the appearance of spots);
- No blossom.
It is not recommended to bring a home flower to such a state, since in some cases no additional feeding and fertilizer will be able to revive the plant, and on the contrary, can lead to his complete death.
To feed homemade plants less often, you can use a transplant. Thanks to this procedure, the flower will constantly fall into a new nutritious substrate, which is saturated with a large amount of beneficial substances necessary for growth.
Methods of application
There are several ways to feed. Each of them has its own individual features that need to be binding.
To carry out irrigation, it is necessary to prepare a special solution. It is necessary to take into account the recommended proportions. Depending on the specific fertilizer, you can apply only a certain amount of solution, which is quite difficult to observe in the process of irrigation. And also need to consider the rules of watering for a specific flower (for example, liquid should not fall on the leaves of some plants).
For spraying, as well as for watering, it is necessary to pre-prepare an appropriate solution. Spraying is considered the optimal method of making fertilizer, as it creates the possibility of uniform distribution of feeding.
Selection and use of finished fertilizers
The easiest way to feed plants is the acquisition of the appropriate fertilizer. To date, a large number of similar substances can be found on the market, they can be both universal and specific. Fertilize flowers with fertilizers in chopsticks, tablets, powder.
When choosing fertilizer, it is necessary to give preference to such substances that the plant’s grade maximize. If you are the owner of a large number of colors of different varieties, choose universal options. In addition, experts recommend to give preference to fertilizers from proven manufacturers who enjoy respect and confidence among consumers.
As for the use of finished mixtures, it should be remembered about the need for a strict following instructions for the manufacturer. Otherwise, there is a possibility that you will significantly harm the flower.
The use of folk remedies
Many flowers, as opposed to the finished and chemical method, fertilizers choose folk remedies that have positively act on home plants. Consider the most popular of them.
Amber Acid is formed due to the processing processes of natural amber (this material is mined at the bottom of the Baltic Sea). Natural amber is part of many plant and animal organisms. Means – Amber Acid – Produced in the form of tablets or crystalline powder. For plant fertilizer, this substance can be breeding in various liquids (for example, in water). At the same time, it is necessary to comply with the recommended proportions and strictly follow the recipe.
Amber Acid can have a comprehensive effect on the plant positively affecting all its parts. With moderate and thoughtful use of succinic acid as feeding for domestic flowers, a chemical may have a number of positive effects:
- activation of color growth;
- Improving the processes of absorption and absorption of nutrients from the soil;
- stimulation of the development of roots and the green part of the shoots;
- restoration of disturbed physiological processes inside the plant;
- reducing the risk of diseases;
- an increase in chlorophyll in foliage;
- Intensification of the processes of the Sobbishbie.
It is important to note the fact that in order for amber acid to show its maximum efficiency, only a small amount is required. In addition, this feeding is absolutely safe, it will not harm neither people nor animals. There are several ways to feed plants through succinic acid. The method is worth choosing depending on what purpose you are fertile.
- To activate the processes of growth and development, it is recommended to spray the flowers with a solution of succinic acid. This procedure is recommended to produce before the start of flowering.
- If you want to provide a direct impact on the root system of the plant, it is recommended to soak roots in the solution for 30-40 minutes. After that, the roots must necessarily dry.
According to the reviews of experienced flowerflowers, hydrogen peroxide is one of the most popular and efficient folk fertilizers. It has many positive properties:
- accelerates growth and flowering processes;
- It has a fungicidal action (the fight against pests);
- saturates soil oxygen;
- strengthens the roots;
- Prevents processes of rotting.
To prepare fertilizer in the form of a solution, you need to take 3% hydrogen peroxide (2 tablespoons) and 1 l of water. Liquids need to be mixed thoroughly, after which the solution can water the plant.
The use of iodine as feeding for flowers helps the plant to recover (for example, after exposure to high temperatures, direct sunlight), and also activates blossom. Most often, iodine is used in the process of geranium care. To prepare a useful solution, 1 drop of substance need to be mixed with 1000 ml of water. At the same time, there will be 50 ml of such a product for one plant.
In addition to those described above, there are a large number of other folk remedies that are used as feeding and fertilizers for plants. So, for example, it can be:
- egg white;
- boric acid;
- tea or coffee welding;
- Castor oil;
- Orange peels;
Each of these feeding can be useful in reasonable use and compliance with the recommendations of specialists. Consider more than useful some of these feeding.
- Sugar feeders Also called energy. This is primarily due to the fact that they ensure the implementation of a large number of processes that are necessary for normal growth and development of the plant (for example, breathing).
- Coffee grounds Increases soil acidity, respectively, the amount of oxygen increases in the soil, which, in turn, is an integral component for normal growth and plant development.
- Citrus and Fruit Fertilizers Also enjoy very popular among experienced gardeners. It should be kept in mind the fact that for their preparation will have to make a lot of effort. So, for example, if you want to turn the orange peel into the feeding, then you will have to thoroughly grind it thoroughly, and then cook the necessary solution.
- Ash It is the source of a large number of useful trace elements: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc and other.
There are several simple recommendations that should be taken into account in the process of acquiring and using fertilizers.
- If possible, give preference to specialized fertilizers that are intended for a particular plant. Universal options are recommended only in extreme cases.
- The feeding procedure should be made as often as specified on the package.
- In the process of independent preparation of fertilizers, you must adhere to the proportions. Failure to comply with the rules can lead to flower death.
Even more useful information will learn from the following video.