No house do without a written table. This furniture is relevant at all times, despite the pace of human development. Writing table – an indispensable detail of the interior of the children’s, student room, personal office or a business man library. This item was and remains the most important in the life of every person, with his help he since childhood and to deep gray develops, works and improved.
In addition, in gorgeous personal offices, a luxurious desk underlines the status and impeccable taste of its owner.
Desk and a table for a computer – these are two completely different in the design and functional equipment of the model. But often these two models are combined into one.
Features of choice
We will deal with what qualities a writing desk should have.
The comfort of work at the desk is determined by the competent selection of the product itself, as well as the physical data of the person. Many hours of the desk at the desk can adversely affect the health of the back, as a result of which scoliosis or kyphosis may appear, which will inevitably entail a long and complicated treatment. Better to avoid these consequences by competent selection of this furniture subject.
The height of the table for an adult and for the child is very different. Consider these parameters.
The Great Constructivist and Architect Le Corbusier developed a system of proportions for which all the current furniture is made, including all types of tables. The height of the tabletop directly affects the comfort of landing and health. With medium anthropometric data of man, Le Corbusier calculated that the standard of height of the adult must be 70-80 cm.
In addition to the height, the width of the table and its depth play a big role. For comfortable operation, the minimum depth must be 60 cm, whereas the maximum order of 80 cm. Width of the working surface – from 1 m.
For convenient landing, the steuly parameters play not the last role
So, the ideal sizes of the seating will be: width about 40 cm and height 42-48 cm, depending on human growth. This is the dimensions of the adult.
If you pick the furniture to the child, you must take into account the following criteria:
- When a child sits down at the table, the feet must be smoothly on the floor. Hips should be at a right angle to the legs.
- The depth of the chair should be such that when the body is supported on the back of the chair, the front edge of the seating did not put under his knees.
- The distance from the surface of the countertops to the hips should be about 18 cm, if there is no drawer or retractable table top. Otherwise, the height can be a little less.
- Elbows should be smoothly lying on the table top and in no case hang.
- The correct distance from the working surface to the eye should be equal to the length from the elbow to the fingertips of the child.
As for growth, the table is better to select based on the settlements below:
- For children, an increase of up to 130 cm is ideal, a height of 53 cm and a chair 33 cm. The optimal difference between the chair and the table is 20 cm.
- For children with growth from 130 to 145 cm, the height of the countertop must be 58 cm and a chair 38 cm. If a child’s height is 145-165 cm, then the height of the product is 64 cm, but the adult design of 70 cm high, if the stool height is 20 cm below.
Thus, it becomes clear that for a schoolboy the perfect option is a transformer table with a changing top-standing height. An office chair is suitable for a similar model with the possibility of adjusting the seating.
When choosing a children’s table, take a child with you. So, you can try out each model under the parameters of your schoolchildren.
One of the most important criteria when choosing a table is its functionality. Regardless of the adult or for the child, the design is selected, it should be equally convenient and comfortable in operation. An important plus will be the presence of built-in shelves, which can be placed notebook, paper, documents and books, as well as stationery. Everything you need will always be at hand and the user does not have to constantly get up and look for something in additional cabinets and shelves.
In addition, manufacturers offer several types of tables.
- Singleumbany. Standard option when the sidewall is located on one side of the table, and on the other – the cabinets with drawers. It can be built-in or rolled. This model is convenient, but it has little storage space, it is positioned as a small-sized, when the desktop is limited.
- Blessomy. It is also a classic option, but with a wider countertop, under which the legs and 2 stands with drawers must fit comfortably with the comfort of the following materials and items.
- Table with a podcast. Classic office option, also comfortable for home. Plus this model is that the box with drawers can be used not only for storing notebooks, books and documents, but also moving around the room, rolling into the sofa or chair, organizing an additional workplace for crafts, creativity, as well as minor records and reading.
If none of the three options are fully suitable for you, each of them can be successfully improved by purchasing regiments, and placing them right above the table, it will increase the storage space for textbooks and favorite books.
The most optimal option for a schoolboy is a full-fledged headset with a built-in table. It provides an opportunity to store everything necessary for study and development objects, books, games, school medals and diplomas, as well as household items. Such headsets are very expensive, but have increased functionality.
Also in demand school tables combined with computer, made in the form of the letter “G”. One part of the table can perform the role of writing, and the second to be used to perform work at the computer. Such models are convenient for small-sized apartments where there is no place for a spacious workplace.
The design in the form of the letter “g” takes a little space, but the most functional. In addition, the table may contain 2 rolling stands with drawers, one of which will always be directly under the table, and the second is near, on a convenient distance for a child and used as an additional table.
This table allows you to change the height of the racks and the tilt of the table top, depending on the change in the growth of the schoolchildren. This model is an order of magnitude higher than standard, but it is bought once and “grows” with the child. New product you will no longer have to buy before his growing. Then this table can be folded and removed that save space in the house.
When choosing a table to a child, unambiguously should not buy expensive models from the valuable wood, since during operation the surface will be hopelessly corrupted. Children draw a working surface with handles, wovers, circulation, and even scissors, since their creativity does not know the boundaries. On the other hand, acquire a table with a cheap plastic finish either does not make sense: it can be too fragile and, moreover, toxic.
In the case of acquiring a table for a child, you should not overpay for the design, because, most importantly, it is functionality and strength.
Take care of reliable models from LDSP or MDF. They are beautiful in the interior and pretty reliable in operation.
When choosing a table for an adult, the question of choosing materials is worth it otherwise:
- Nothing compares with a durable, reliable table From the array of wood. Possessing the status and noble appearance, the wooden table will serve you for many years. This is not only a functional thing, but also a decent element of the interior. A good writing desk should be equipped with drawers for storing important documents. It can also be equipped with an ordinal tab. If you plan to work not only with paper carriers, but also use a laptop or PC, then the desk should be equipped with technological holes for wires and a table lamp.
- In second place after the tree, there are materials such as MDF and LDSP, They possess:
- High wear resistance.
- The variety of colors and textures, which allows you to perfectly pick up the color of the table to the rest of the furniture in the room.
- Depending on the style of your interior, the tabletop can be performed from kalenny glass, Such a model will fit into a minimalistic modern design.
- In addition, it looks very fresh and stylishly from acrylic stone, agglomerate, ceramics, natural stone and many other materials.
Thanks to the variety of models and materials, you can pick up a table with unique parameters.
It is important to take into order to take into account all the requirements for the product, and choose a decent model will not work.
About how to choose a writing desk for a schoolboy, look in the following video.