Modern dwelling is difficult to imagine without such an interior object as a computer table. Such enviable popularity of this furniture is easily explained by the fact that people in our time do not imagine their lives without a personal computer or laptop. Modern manufacturers produce many options for computer tables made from various materials.
Hereinafter, it will be about high-quality natural wood structures.
Advantages and disadvantages
Tree of natural origin is an environmentally friendly material and does not harm human health. The thing is that in this natural material there are no dangerous chemicals that distinguish malicious evaporation into the environment. These safety characteristics today can boast not all materials. It is impossible not to note the wonderful design of furniture produced from the wood mass.
Perhaps with such copies, no similar model made from more affordable raw materials.
Properly selected computer table made of natural wood capable of changing the style of the interior, giving it a special chic and solidity.
Products made from wood massif is very strong, durable and reliable. Damage or break such furniture is almost impossible. Over time, high-quality and natural design will not be swollen and is not deformed, especially if it ensures careful operation.
Computer table from such an environmentally friendly material can be delivered both in the living room, desktop or bedroom and in the children’s room. Fortunately, modern furniture factories produce many diverse options that will look great in any atmosphere.
Computer tables made of array possess some shortcomings. How serious they are, each consumer decides for himself.
By cons of such products include the following.
- High price. High-quality products made of natural wood is expensive, and not every buyer may afford it. The most expensive are constructions from oak, beech, mahogany, larch, maple and wenge. A little cheaper to the consumer will cost a piece of pine or birch;
- Permanent care. Many owners of such beautiful furniture for disadvantages include natural wood requirements in constant care. The surface of this material is necessary from time to time to process special antiseptic impregnation. It is not worth neglecting these actions, otherwise natural material can be fading, cracking or become a pier for annoying wood parasites;
- Negative moisture action. Natural wood furniture is not recommended to put in rooms with high humidity. This may lead to the fact that the material will swell and hopelessly loses the external appeal. Of course, some breeds are less susceptible to the negative impact of moisture, but they should not be located in such conditions, since experiments with such expensive and beautiful furniture are impractical.
Times when computer tables were intended only for PC accommodation, long ago passed. Today, this furniture is more functional and equipped with a variety of additional parts.
It is worth considering in more detail what kind of computer tables are produced by modern manufacturers.
- Classic are straight tables with retractable shelf for keyboard. Some models also have an additional shelf intended for monitor. Such furniture options are convenient because they can be placed near one of the free walls in the room, saving free space in the central part of the planning;
- Relatively recently on the market appeared original Corner structures. This furniture is ideal for the owners of small apartments, as it must be placed in the free corner of the room, which significantly saves free space. The table top of such products seems to many consumers more spacious and easy to operate;
- No less popular today comfortable Models with superstructures. These additions, as a rule, are located above the tabletop and have in their composition spacious shelves and even small boxes. Equipment of the design depends on a manufacturer that made it;
- Big sizes have computer tables with rack. However, such furniture still allows you to use residential space more productively. Having a similar model, you can refuse to buy an additional cabinet for books, magazines, reference books and decor, since this role will take the rack, combined with a computer table.
Also, this furniture is often used to zoning space in a one-room apartment or studio without overlaps;
- No less functional tables with couches and drawers. These details can be an inseparable part of the table, located on the right or left (or on both sides). Separate bedside tables are often used in offices. They are stationary or roll-out.
Different species of wood possess their individual characteristics.
More details of the most common materials used in the modern furniture production.
- Array of beech. Such structures in their strength and beauty can compete with oak models. This variety of wood has delicate beige and peach shades. Beech can boast that over the years it does not lose a beautiful appearance, but rather, on the contrary, it is tirelessly good;
- Array of nut. As a rule, walnut furniture has an impressive weight and large sizes. A computer desk from a similar material will be not only convenient to use, but also give the setting a special chic due to rich and solid design;
- Massive pine. Tables from such a material look very presentable and aesthetically, but they are not designed for heavy loads. Properly processed in the process of the production of furniture pine is not afraid of moisture and temperature differences, which cannot be said about the untreated raw materials. However, pine tables are inexpensive and do not cause allergic reactions;
- Array of Birch. Birch tables are strong enough and reliable. Some copies can be compared with oak wear resistance oak structures. However, choosing a similar model, it is necessary to pay special attention to the coating of the table top. It should be high quality to keep a beautiful view for a long time;
- Massive Maple. Maple computer tables are unusual, as they have an interesting structure and unique shine. The disadvantage of such interior items is their exposure to rot. To extend the life to this table, it is necessary to ensure that it is correct and regular care.
More affordable are computer tables made from MDF and LDSP. These materials are created from wood waste – chips, which significantly reduces the cost of products made of them. The advantages of these inexpensive products include their wear resistance and durability. They will keep the attractive appearance for a long time and do not require special care. However, there is such furniture and its cons.
These include the following.
- Design. Cheap tables from MDF or LDSP, as a rule, have too simple and template design, which is unlikely to transform the interior or become its highlight;
- Compound. As part of such a material as LDSP, there are toxic substances – formaldehyde resins that evaporate in hot weather. Such chemical compounds can harm household health. To protect yourself from such problems, specialists recommend buying tables from LDSP class “E-1” or veneered structures.
How to choose?
Choose high-quality and comfortable furniture made of wood massif, relying on the following simple recommendations.
- To begin with, solve for myself, what kind of construction could be used as convenient as possible and productively. This will help save time in search of a suitable table;
- Measure the room in which you are going to locate such furniture. It is necessary even if you are going to buy a very small table, since even such furniture can visually distort the layout;
- Do not forget about the design of a computer table. Such an object should be perfectly fit into the main interior, and this applies not only to the stylistic direction of furniture, but also its color solutions;
- Experts recommend buying such furniture only from proven manufacturers with a brilliant reputation. Do not believe too low prices and do not contact budget companies, since it is often in their assortment there are cheap structures that are only issued for natural, but in fact are not.
The table of the corner design, painted in the dark shade and having a light tube, will look beautiful and harmoniously on the background of light striped wallpaper. Next to such furniture will find its place a gray chair on wheels and a creamy wooden vase with a lively plant.
The snow-white straight table with a built-in table having rounded edges will look organically against the background of light walls with barely distinguishable prints and dark borders at the bottom. Put a gently as-ash spinning chair round shape.
The bright corner table with superstructures, couches and shelves can be put on the background of soft coffee walls and floor decorated with brown laminate. Low on the floor Blue lobby rug, and on the right or left side from the table, put a cream sofa on metal legs.
White table with built-in stands on the right and left side of the tabletop will look beautifully near the window in a beige children’s room. Place the same white headset in such an atmosphere (the wall with drawers near the wall) and a bright bed. Complete the ensemble with dense gentle chocolate curtains and saturated brown laminate. You can dilute cool paints with photo wallpapers near bed with contrasting drawings.
How to choose a computer table, see next video.