Quickly refresh the usual interior and add a note of originality and freshness to it. Decorative elements and decorations will help: beautiful curtains, unusual lamp, wall paintings or panels. The same applies to and updating furniture. Refresh Sofa and attract attention to her will help bright, catchy accents: bedspread, plaid, decorative pillows.
Decorative pillows, as an element of decorating upholstered furniture, many hundred years ago appeared. They sewed from silk, atlas, brocades and were trimmed with silver and gold threads. They were the subject of luxury and found only in the palaces or houses of very wells. By how many pillows were in the Arsenal of the owner, it was quite possible to judge the degree of his financial well-being.
Decorative pads were used and not only for decoration. Soft, compact products were used for riding, they could be sank during church rites. Finally, in the winter step, they warmed their feet perfectly.
Today, these elements can be found in almost every home. They are used for sleep, convenient and comfortable seating on the sofa, as an interior decoration. They are performed in a variety of forms, have different size, sew from various materials.
For stuffing pads are used:
- Natural materials (fluff / feather, wool, buckwheat, wool). A pillow with buckwheat provides a good massage action. Feather, wadded and wool pads perfectly hold warm and give comfortable sensations when touched upon them.
- Artificial fillers.
The latter include:
- Porolon (reliable, durable material, perfectly keeps the shape of the pillow);
- Memory Foam (new generation material capable of taking the shape of the head and maintain it to support);
- Polyurethane Foolder (used for orthopedic models).
If the pillow is regularly used for sleep, that is, it makes sense to pay attention to the spring blocks for its filling. They are soft and comfortable. To the pillow be more rigid and solid, you can add a coconut fiber or thermal layer to blocks.
For sewing covers, strong and sufficiently durable materials are used (tapestry, flock, shenil).
As for the forms and models in which modern decorative pads are represented, then the most common and popular today are the following options:
- Dumka (square pillow);
- Turkish (may be square or round with counter folds or seed);
- roller (dense cylindrical cylindrical shape, which is put under your feet or neck);
- quilted (the model is decorated with decorative lines).
In addition to decorative properties, pillows for sofa possess and purely functional characteristics. To update the old favorite sofa at all optionally change it to a new model – it’s enough to buy new pillows. Many manufacturers offer several options for pillows for Sofa “Baby”, “Youth”, “Jubilee” and other models.
Tips for choosing
When choosing pillows for sofa, it is necessary to repel from the following nuances:
- Purpose. If sofa is used for sleep and rest, the pads must be soft enough, elastic having the optimal size.
- The size. For a small, neat sofa will suit the same miniature pads. For more spacious and overall furniture, it is better to choose decorative elements of larger size.
- Contrast. For bright, saturated with flowers and paints, the interior of the pillow can be chosen in a calmer and discreet coloring and vice versa.
- Form. For elongated rectangular sofa, elongated pads are best suited. For sofa made in a classic style with high bent backs, square models are perfect, and the beauty of elegant furniture with carved legs is greatly sharing rounded pads with decorative tassels.
- Ornament. Pillows can be monophonic or primoked. In the classic interior, vegetable or geometrical print, the eastern interior requires the appropriate pattern.
How to make it yourself?
Origine and unusually decorate your interior is very simple – a decorative pad of any shape, size and design can be made with your own hands.
Here are some simple and simple options:
- To create a classic square pillow, you must purchase polyurethane as packing. Several layers of this material will allow creating a rigid, elastic pad. Case can be sewed from a chapter tick or any other suitable fabric. The outer case is sewn from a special upholstery fabric, and in order for it more convenient to be removed and washed, it is necessary to provide lateral zipper lock.
- Update the sofa pillows with spring stuffing too. To do this, you need to buy felt, polyurethane foam of good density and special glue for it.
The order of work is as follows:
- The spring block is placed felt on all sides.
- With the help of glue, a polyurethane box is formed – the base of the new pillow.
- Then sew two covers – internal and external.
Decoration of the finished pillow – the most creative and pleasant process. It is it that allows you to create a truly unique home interior decoration. For decor, you can use the following materials and design options:
- Monophonic and print braid, with which you can perform a beautiful edging or create a small applique;
- Festo, fringe, lace, satin ribbon, brushes (used for trimming pillows around the perimeter);
- pieces of materials of different colors and textures (decoration in the “Patchwork” technique – a patchwork);
- Buttons, rhinestones, sequins, stones, metal rivets, beads, fibergous;
- hand painted;
- Using knitted knitted or crochet covers.
Finally, a visual video tutorial on creating original decorative pillows.