The rack is simple and convenient home, garage or office solution. Design will help to clean up, folding things on the shelves. To do this, it is not necessary to make a purchase, the option will be quite accessible to your own hand rack.
Tools and materials
The product may be based on a variety of materials presented in the market. Each of them has a set of positive moments and flaws. To make a choice, you need to understand what impacts and environmental conditions will be subject to the product.
- Aluminum profile. Making an aluminum profile rack has pluses more for home use. It is caused by the ease of this material, which allows if necessary to easily move the finished section.
Do not forget about the softness of such a profile, which makes it impossible for a large load of the shelves.
- Profile trumpet. Such material withstands high loads, it is strong and durable. Metal pipes include small functionality. In the manufacture it is necessary to immediately determine the distance between the shelves, since in the future their adjustment will not be available.
- Perforated corner. Perhaps the most convenient, durable and stable option made of metal. In the material from the perforated corner there are already prepared by the manufacturer of the hole, which minimizes the need for additional equipment, makes the assembly of light and fast.
When buying the best choice will be a galvanized profile. Zinc coating increases the strength of the finished product, gives maximum resistance to corrosion and mechanical damage.
The shelves can easily be made of wood and make a strengthening from fittings for them. Creating metal shelves at home is not very practical idea. Metal sheets – a costly solution that ideally need to be equipped with an additional ribbon ribbon, as they are very thin. Otherwise, with a large probability, such shelves will quickly be afraid and come into disrepair.
Another option will be the purchase of finished parts in the store. Such shelves are more expensive than self-made design, but, as a rule, they have a powder coating, which is less susceptible to scratches and chips.
For work there is a need for additional equipment. From the general inventory you will need:
- Corner for accurate markup;
- Pencil or marker.
When assembling and subsequent installation, depending on the material may require different tools:
- When assembling from a perforated corner, only a set of fasteners, nuts, bolts and wrench or pliers are needed;
- When working with the profile pipe, welding, electrodes, Bulgarian will be needed;
- Using aluminum at the base of the product, they take screwdriver, self-tapping screws, a grinder or hacksaw for work;
- For the manufacture of wood shelves have enough hacksaw or electric jigsaw.
Drawings and sizes
To create a drawing, you need to decide, under what needs a rack will be used. For seedlings, lightweight material, such as aluminum. Thus, you can do without welding. If the installation will occur under the needs of the garage, it is better to weld the design from the pipe. Welding seds withstand pretty heavy weight, such shelves are well suited for storing heavy tools and other utensils.
A beautiful and practical home solution will be a metal frame for plasterboard. Ready frame over tinted drywall. This solution turns out quite strong and fit well into the home interior.
Deciding with the choice of material and preparing the necessary tools for its processing and assembly, you need to perform measurements, and based on them to create a sketch. Carefully think over the dimensions and the number of shelves of the future installation. To do this, in the expected location, do all measurements of the area under construction with a roulette. Knowing the area under the product, determine the desired size for racks, shelves and distances between them. On paper, make a diagram of all measurements, when assembling, rely on it.
Making metal racks do it yourself is not a particularly difficult process, if you do everything right and accurately follow the instructions.
Assembly of the carcass
The frame is 2 species: collapsible (on bolts) and made with welding. As examples, consider the assembly of racks from the profile pipe and perforated corner. The main requirement when using the profile pipe is the presence of a grinder and welding machine. If there are such tools at hand, you can safely start work.
- Relying on the previously made drawing, measure and label the desired size for racks, shelves and connections.
- With the help of a grinder, cut off the pipes for racks and connections in the form of jumpers.
- When connecting pipes using welding, use the corner. It will help you not make a mistake and will be a guarantor of absence of distortion.
- To one of the racks breed transverse jumpers; Fixing the design. On the other hand, weld another rack.
- Repeat work with 2 remaining racks.
- Before collecting the design, treat the welds with a swollen circle for a grinder or a file.
- For the manufacture of fixtures, you can use small metal plates in which you need to drill a pair of holes for the self-tapping screw. We weld iron plates to the lower parts of the racks for giving better stability.
- Connect 2 large parts obtained to each other, welding longitudinal jumpers.
The product is easy to assemble, it is good for installation on a balcony in force of a small weight. Need a minimum of tools for assembling in the form of a wrench, a set of fasteners, screws, bolts and a grinder. Instead of the Bulgarian, you can use hacksaw for metal.
- By preparation in advance drawing make material marking.
- Cut the desired length for racks and connections.
- We fasten the racks and jumpers with each other with special attachments and bolts. Tighten your hands, leaving a construct a little movable.
- Align all connections by level. When there is no doubt about the irregularity of the rack, you can thoroughly spin the bolts to the end.
- Install the letters on the ends of the racks. Such details are sold in building stores. They will remove the surface from scratches when moving and operating sections.
The final assembly stage is finishing, painting and installation of shelves. To paint the case, use a paint brush and paint for metal.
By pre-applied labeling, sawd up harvested wooden sheets. Make it can be an electroll bitch or saw. After the design is completely dry, finished shelves secure self-drawing on the prepared fasteners.
By choosing high-quality materials, collecting racks at home will not be much difficult. Prefabricated products will cost much cheaper than factory models, but they will not give up quality and functionality. Recommendations will improve, strengthen and extend the life of such homemade design.
- When choosing a material should pay attention to its size. If racks are installed in a small room or garage, good practice will be the installation under the ceiling. Such a move due to the height compensates for the lack of space, allows a little to shorten the shelves.
- If on the material when assembling, traces of rust were found, do not be lazy and clean the place of sandpaper. This will give a guarantee of the long service of the rack.
- At the stage of finishing, painting is an important point, especially if the product will be in conditions of high humidity. In the absence of a protective layer of paint, the design can quickly rust and come into disrepair. Use a soft painter brush, it will help to apply the paint with a neat and uniform layer.
- Creating the markings of the distances between future shelves, think well this stage. You can make the shelves with a variety of height depending on their purpose. Sometimes a few small shelves will be more efficient than one big.
- To strengthen the stability of racks from the corner, you need to attach the rear racks to the wall. This will give additional stability and with a strong load will not allow them to turn over. Another strengthening method is the installation of the structure from the reinforcement.
For this, the reinforcement is cut by a grinder and welding fasten to side jumpers. This method allows to increase the lifting of the shelves.
About how to make a metal rack from the profile pipe with their own hands, see the following video.