Nowadays, it is quite popular to use some objects or materials repeatedly in order to maintain ecology and natural resources. Therefore, you can easily help the environment, simply making something with your own hands from the materials used earlier. Such an example are wooden pallets, you can create a lot of interesting household items, and, in particular, garden furniture.
Features of the choice and preparation of the material
The use of pallets contributes to the preservation of your finances, because to get it or buy pallets is much cheaper than getting ready-made furniture. In addition, making this furniture yourself, you will leave the soul part in your work, and in the future it will bring you not only the benefit, but also warm memories. The huge plus of garden furniture from pallets is its environmental friendliness. When buying ready-made goods, you cannot be sure that they will not damage to your health, and with the personnel of the product you control the harmlessness of all used funds.
Choose suitable pallets.
- Pallet weight should be about 15 kilograms.
- Its size can be different: both standard and euros.
- The pallet must be high-quality and without any defects, pallet must withstand quite large loads.
- Wood used for production should be high quality, durable and with a long use. Such requirements correspond to pallets from linden and pine.
- If you apply pallets that have already been used earlier, it is necessary to carefully select the material without cracks and traces of bumping.
Now the product must be prepared for work.
- First, the pallet must be completely cleansed from the dirt, then wash it in water and dry it very well.
- The following very important action is the removal from the surface of the pallet of all irregularities and roughness. Make it very easy: It is advisable to get a grinding machine or use a more economical option – sandpaper. With the help of acquired tools, it is necessary to process the entire surface of the wood, in order to further avoid the possibility of scattering or getting offended.
- At the final preparation stage, the pallet must be treated, at least the bottom of it, the primer with a moisture-repellent action in order to avoid rotting wood.
From pallets, you can make the following furniture items:
- beds or sofas, the softness of which can be adjusted using a foam rubber pallets or the use of various pillows;
- Tables or stands to use which can be used for different purposes;
- shelves that you can put books or something like that;
- benches, seats or swing, with the help of them you can decorate your garden plot;
- decor elements, they do not carry almost no functional, but add comfort to your home.
In fact, there are so many different ways to manufacture garden furniture with your own hands, in this article we will look at only some of them. You may also have their own ideas how to create one or another piece of furniture, but if not, you can take advantage of already proven tips in the manufacture of furniture for steps.
Stages of creating a garden bench
- To begin with, you need to prepare all the necessary materials and tools (3 pallets, wooden bars or rails, metal corners, grinding machine, electric drills, screws or screws, and no need to forget about the means of protection – Construction gloves and glasses).
- Then you need to carry out all the preparatory work with pallets, pollute and process them.
- Next, the drawing is performed with exact sizes, it is necessary to perform the measurements of the site, where it is planned to put a bench.
- Then, fully following the drawing, you need to cut all the necessary parts, and if necessary, to write the pallets themselves (in this case, the pallet must be cut into two parts, one of which will be the back, and the other – seat).
- The most important stage is the assembly. Following the drawing, you need to collect the finished bench using self-tapping screws and screws. First you need to connect the back and seat using bars or rails. Then from bars are made armrests and legs.
- At the end, the finished bench can be covered with varnish or paint, cut some decorative patterns on the back and armrests.
Production of a garden hanging bed
- Preparatory stages when creating this product are identical to the previous description. It is necessary to prepare all the necessary tools (screws, screws, drill and all protective equipment), and then process pallets.
- By the same method you need to draw a scheme for creating a future leisure product.
- Next, it is necessary to connect two pallets using a rail and self-tapping screws, on the sides of the largest pallet, you need to build walls for the mattress.
- At the end of the work, the finished product must be suspended on a pre-prepared mount with rope or chains, and then arrange a place on the bed with a pillow and mattress.
Make a table and chairs
- Preparations for the creation of garden furniture items goes the same as in previous versions.
- In the manufacture of a garden table, you need to decide for what purpose it will be used and what size it will be the most optimal for you.
- Most often, this table is made small, only two pallets are used, which have one over the other and connect them with two slats. This product is not suitable for lush feasts, but drinking coffee or tea for such a table without problems.
- County chairs are made on the principle of creating a bench, only in smaller sizes.
Creating garden furniture is a pretty simple, for him no need to have some special knowledge, quite desire and simple ability to work with hands. Products from pallets are eco-friendly and economical, they will fit well in any interior of the cottage. The main thing, during all the work, do not forget about the protection of your own health and the environment.
How to make a sofa from pallets, you will learn in the following video.