Folding wooden table is a compact and stylish kind of furniture. It is relevant not only for country houses, but also urban apartments. Features of such a product allow you to install it in any room apartment or house.
Features and advantages
Folding table made of wood is gaining popularity due to its compact design. Such models can be installed in the room, and take with them to nature. At the same time, this table does not occupy a lot of space. This quality is especially valued in a small apartment.
Still such furniture has a number of positive qualities.
- Durability. Tables made of array of wood will serve not one ten years. At the same time, they are resistant to mechanical damage;
- High resistance to sunlight. As a rule, the wooden table is treated with a special tool, which helps him do not burn out in the sun. Such quality could not not evaluate the dackets, so the folding furniture from the array becomes a frequent choice for summer houses and household sections;
- Environmentally friendly material production. Wooden furniture does not contain harmful and toxic substances, so it is used even for children’s rooms;
- Species manifold Allows you to choose furniture for any interior and area of the room;
- Ergonomic. Such tables are easy to assemble and fold. Often they have low weight and small dimensions;
- Easy care. Tree does not require special attention. You should wipe the surface with a dry or damp cloth and process once a year from the appearance of bugs.
Many of the disadvantages include a high price and instability to moisture. As for the price, today you can choose a model on very affordable prices or make the table yourself. For the manufacture of the model, a lot of finance and time will need.
Indeed, the tree does not tolerate high humidity and liquid.
If the table was in the rain for a long time, then it can swell, which will lead to cracks and damage to the whole design, so it is recommended to store such furniture in a dry room with low humidity.
Constantly replenished assortment attracts more and more buyers who use it in various spheres of their lives. Such tables can be a stand under flowers or a dining option, a coffee table or kitchen table.
As a rule, such furniture is divided into the following types:
- Built and folding.
Stationary species include Table with benches, which is most often used in country houses. The design has a folding countertop and benches that are an additional seat for the seat. This table may have additions in the form of an awning or canopy that will save from the sun or rain.
Design with height adjustable worktop (or it is also called a coffee table) can also be attributed to the stationary mind. This design does not imply a large surface, but for friendly gatherings in a small company it will suit.
Another stationary view is the so-called “Table-diplomat”. It is a construction consisting of a primary table top, which is two additional surfaces. To decompose this model, you will need to slightly push the main part and pull out additional countertops.
This equipment allows the product from a small table to turn into a spacious dining table.
Portable models are distinguished by mobility and small sizes. As a rule, they are taken with themselves to a picnic, so the design with stagged with staggers is especially popular.
The classic folding design model is Tablebook. This type has the main surface, and its area increases with side countertops. Depending on the number of guests, you can decompose both one and two side panels. It will be equally well looking in the living room and in the kitchen.
Table folding in the form of a couch, is an equally popular model. If necessary, such a design is declined by raising the table top and fix it on the leg or support. This furniture can serve as a worker, and a dining table.
Another multifunctional view is table-dresser. As a rule, it has a folding countertop and drawers, which serve as a place to store things. If necessary, it can turn into a working area, become a dining area or use for storage of things, colors and souvenirs.
Built-in and folding tables most often acquire for kitchen. The built-in view is a tabletop that can be pulled out from a kitchen headset. To do this, pull out the box and install a horizontal table top. This species can have both direct and angular design. Another option can be a desktop.
It is permissible to install it in the living room or office under the windowsill. This will save space and give the room the original view.
Folded structures are most often attached to the wall or side wall of the cabinet / headset.
In this case, the tabletop may have a support in the form of one or four legs. Correctly selected design will not only help save space, but also will make a “highlight” in the interior.
When choosing a folding structure, you must pay attention to the following components:
- Structural construction. It should be checked not only the basis, but also accessories. It should be high quality and well fixed;
- Form table top. If in the room where the furniture will stand, soft and smooth lines prevail, then you should choose a tabletop round or oval shape. For sharp lines and corners in the interior, a rectangular table is suitable;
- Square of the room. If the design is selected for the room of a small area, then the table is better to choose the corresponding dimensions;
- Interior and stylistics. Depending on this factor, you should choose furniture. For the classic style or interior baroque it is better to use a monochrome surface from a wood array. For a more modern ensemble, a model of wood plates with ornament is suitable or in combination with other materials;
- Functionality. Depending on where the furniture will be used, it is worth picking it up model and design. For example, folding wooden tables bribe their compactness, versatility and multifunctionality. Therefore, they will always be in demand.
About how to independently make a folding wooden table for your cottage, look in the following video.