Cabinets – universal and practical type of furniture. They not only contain many things, but are aesthetic addition of any interior. Models with glass are traditionally popular with consumers.
Wardrobe with glass helps add notes of individuality and style to your room. Whether it is an office, living room, kitchen or bedroom.
Decor Items, Original Tableware, Books, Souvenirs – All this is perfect for accommodating in a cabinet with glass doors.
Guests can admire the collections, not touching their hands themselves. There are various options for finishing and model of cabinets, will not work in finding a suitable solution for the style of your interior.
Cabinets with glass can have different configurations:
- The straight wardrobe is perfect for spacious premises.
- The angular model is direct or radius, both are compact, practical, have original design.
- The built-in does not have the rear wall, sometimes performed without side walls. Such furniture is part of the room in which it is placed.
- The cabinet is installed separately, easily disassembled, is collected and transported. Always with side walls, bottom and upper part. The upper cover is often done with a protrusion and decorated with LED bulbs.
By way of opening doors, cabinets highlight:
- With swollen web, where each door has a built-in handle and opens out.
- With sliding cloth, the door goes to the side, simply speaking, this is a wardrobe, where the canvas moves along the rollers.
According to the presence of doors for the shelves, models distinguish:
- The closed version always has glass doors.
- Semi-closed version – this is a combined model with open and closed shelves.
Attention should be paid to the classic closed wardrobe with glass doors. In a different way, it is called a wardrobe with a showcase. It has various variations – a hill, a chest of drawers, a hinged model, a servant, a corner and straight wardrobe.
- At the slide, the central upper part rises in the form of an arc, the doors are made of glass, in the lower part there are closed pull-out drawers.
- Hinged cabinet with glass is convenient for storage of souvenirs or dishes. Perfectly suitable for kitchen zone. Does not occupy a lot of space, because often it is assembled over the working surface.
- Dresser can have glass or mirror doors. Suitable for living room. It will perfectly look good things, antiques or dishes.
- Buffet consists of several offices. It has open, closed and semi-closed shelves. Usually the rear wall is decorated with a mirror. Ideal for dishes.
- The servant, unlike the buffet, has the upper shelves with glass doors, and the lower part is closed, household items can be stored there.
- The angular cabinet-showcase with mirrored walls visually increase its contents. Standard direct cabinet with a showcase traditionally does not leave fashion. In such cabinets, the backlight for shelves will look good. Both models are suitable for living room, bedroom, office. Neat in size lockers with glass will decorate the hallway, you can accommodate accessories, hats.
Color and decoration
Door canvas – one of the main elements of any cabinet. Increasingly, consumers choose glasses canvas.
Classification of glass cloths should be considered:
- Transparent glass is most common, suitable for all styles and types of furniture. Such a canvas does not lose its relevance. However, it sees traces of fingers and stains, so requires constant care.
- Matte better hides the contents of the cabinet, suitable for modern interior.
- Colored glass create, covering the back of the glass with special paints. Gamma may be different. This option is well suitable for children’s or kitchen.
- Textured samples have a relief surface, there are patterned, ribbed, corrugated, rain, bubble, pebble options. This surface helps to hide stains and fingerprints.
- Photo printing is a film with an image, additionally protects the surface from mechanical damage.
- Models with sandblasting pattern are created using an air jet with an abrasive, which, scratching glass, creates patterns with a pattern
If we consider the color of the case, then the cabinet in bright and white tones with transparent glass visually will increase the space of a small apartment.
The design may be angular or mounted. Dark shades are suitable for well-lit rooms.
Shelf material can be both glass and similar to the case material. If the glass shelves are more suitable for placing dishes and souvenirs, then wooden shelves are ideal for books.
The design of the showcase may include shelves, drawers, bar section. Doors can be in a frame or fully glass without frame. Frames are usually produced from aluminum or wood.
Models from wood (pine, oak, cherry) or wood plates imitating an array will fit into the classic interior. In the modern market there are fully glass models or with plastic housing. The originality of the cabinet will add backlight.
How to choose?
When choosing a wardrobe with glass cost to pay attention to the following items:
- The shape and design of this furniture depend on the area of the room and the style solutions. For a small room, a corner cabinet or mounted showcase is suitable.
- Quantity and kind of shelves. Think over how much shelves you need, and whether they will be all closed, semi-closed or open.
- Door opening mechanism. The choice depends on your preferences. However, it is not recommended to select an option with swing doors to a narrow room.
- Quality and color glass. It should be durable, so choose tempered glass, color and texture for your taste. The case material is chosen similarly.
- Furnitura plays an equally important role, because it will have to open and close the doors.
- The presence of backlight will be beautiful and comfortable in circulation supplement.
- Color must be combined with the overall style of the room and the rest of the furniture.
Examples in the interior
Classic cabinet with glass doors is located in the living room. Doors have a sliding mechanism.
The hull is made of wood, decorated with carved patterns. Glass shelves reflect objects and emphasize the beauty of expensive dishes. Neat legs visually make a massive design easier. The appearance and natural color of the closet are perfectly combined with the interior of the room.
Hinged cabinet with relief glass looks harmoniously in the kitchen. It is part of the headset, performed in one color range with the rest of the furniture. Swing doors.
Thanks to the transparent glass and soft backlight, you can see dishes on the shelves, which is very convenient for daily use.
Cabinet with matte glass doors will help to transform the interior even the most ordinary bedroom. Wavy patterns of patterns and mirror inserts give the unusual of this model. Sliding doors do not clutter the space, which makes it possible to locate the cabinet for the bed.
The traditional pine bookcase with glass doors is perfect for the placement of the library. For convenience, equipped with LED backlight. The natural color of the tree is echoing with the tone of the floor covering and furniture in the office.
Review cabinets with glass facades See next video.