Upholstered furniture performs a very important component of living rooms, bedrooms and children’s rooms. Soft sofa is not only a room decoration, but can also be used as an extra bed. Retractable sofas without armrests attract the attention of a simple and reliable construction.
Features and advantages
Sofas without armrests are characterized by a beautiful appearance. Thanks to the absence of armrests, they allow you to save free space in the room. Type-type models are ideal for creating a comfortable and spacious bedroom.
- Small dimensions – in the folded form of a roll-out sofa without armrests takes a minimum of free space. If it needs to be used for sleep, it is transformed into a comfortable sleeping place with ease.
- Wide model range – Sofas with a roll-out mechanism are presented by large and small sizes. They can be both single and double. Depending on personal preferences, you can choose a soft or hard model.
- Beautiful design – Modern models can be used to design rooms in different style directions. They can be used as the main element of the interior of residential space.
- Strength and reliability – sofas are made from durable materials, and the transformation mechanism due to ease of use is almost impossible to break.
- Affordable price – Manufacturers offer models at a given price, so each buyer will be able to choose the option depending on the level of income.
- Relevance – For each room you can find a comfortable sofa. For example, for the kitchen you can choose an angular version with a roll-out mechanism.
In addition to many advantages, sofas without armrests have some drawbacks to use:
- Low level – Sleeping is usually located low, with unusual it may cause inconvenience.
- Level drops – In the unfolded form, the sofa consists of several blocks, when joints of which some irregularities arise. Sensitive person may be inconvenient to sleep on such a sofa.
- Small storage box – Compact models usually contain a small box, so they cannot accommodate many things or sleeping clothes.
Modern manufacturers offer a wide variety of sofas without armrests with roll-out mechanisms. Among the broad model range there are such varieties:
- Direct models are usually torn forward. They are customary to install along the wall. They put forward with the help of rollers and laid out on the brackets in a straight line.
- Corner sofas are presented as soft corners. They are often buying for decoration of a kitchen or dining room. In the angular models, the retractable part is longer, and in the short part there is a box for storing various items or linen.
- Sofas with two clothes boxes allow you to accommodate sleeping facilities. Boxes are usually located under a short part.
It is quite difficult in spacious stores where upholstered furniture are sold, correctly evaluate the sofa dimensions. It is not necessary to acquire a sofa “to the eye”, you should pay attention to its size.
The spacious room is suitable for a soft sofa size. The height of the back should be from 35 to 48 cm, in which case you can conveniently stay on the sofa. The total model height should be from about 90 to 100 cm. In the folded state, the width of the sofa must approximately correspond to its height. The depth of the models mostly depends on the roll-out mechanism.
Small sofas are usually selected for the children’s room. In length they usually have 160 – 180 cm. If the product is transformed to sleep from the wall, then the depth of the bed is from 170 to 210 cm. If the sofa is folded along the wall, then the length of the product does not exceed 150 cm.
Double models typically have a length of 150 to 180 cm. This option is perfect for the design of small living rooms or bedrooms. Sleeping length is usually from 190 to 210 cm. Direct sofas designed for three people are among the largest in the line of roll-out models without armrests. Their length ranges from 2 to 2.5 meters. As a collected form, such a sofa has a width of 140 cm.
For comfortable placement of a large number, a person will ideally suit the model of an angular form, the length of which exceeds 2.5 meters. This option is usually purchased for spacious living rooms. For small rectangular rooms, it is better to find a narrow sofa, because it will allow you to leave a free passage and will not interfere with moving around the room. Such models may be wide from 120 to 130 cm.
If there are no roll-out sofa in stores with suitable sizes, then you can order an individual order model, while you have the opportunity to choose a transformation mechanism, upholstery and, of course, product dimensions.
Tips for choosing
When choosing a sofa, pay attention to the following nuances:
- Calculated sofa without armrests can be used in folded form. Such models usually have an additional tier that hides under the seat, if necessary, you can push it forward. So that between parts of the sofa there were no drops in height, manufacturers of upholstered furniture often complement the models with soft pillows.
- When choosing a sofa should pay attention to his form, since the choice is quite large. Remember that the original form of the product does not always guarantee convenience and comfort.
- Before buying upholstered furniture, you need to determine the place where it will be located. This will allow you to choose the sofa of the desired dimensions. If you want to put a sofa without armrests in one of the corners of the room, then it is worth buying an angular option.
- Compact models without armrests are huge popularity due to their versatility. It will suit both small and spacious premises. Do not forget about the manufacturer’s guarantee, because the warranty period is at least 1.5 years for high-quality and reliable sofas.
All about the convenience of this design you can learn from the video further.