The word “couch” has long ceased to be associated with the hospital. Today, the couch is a compact cozy chair that can be put in the apartment and use for a full rest. We’ll figure it out in the nuances of choosing this interior item.
In general, the functional destination of the couch is the same as the ordinary chair, although there are several distinctive features. The wheelchair always has a soft comfortable upholstery, and its form is more exquisied and sophisticated than the classic chair, And because this piece of furniture fits perfectly in various styles of the room. The modern range of furniture is quite wide and diverse, there must be a copy that is most suitable for the design of a particular room. In this case, the couch chair has a wider range of functions: for example, it can be placed not only in the apartment, but also use as a dental or pedicure chair.
Small parameters save space, which is very relevant for small-sized apartments. As a rule, and the models of the couch usually inexpensively. You can install such chairs not only in the living room, but also in the bedroom, in the kitchen, in the children’s room or corridor.
Chairs couches can be represented in different forms. The most popular are several options.
- In the shape of a semicolon. This model has steeply rounded in the knee zone. Refers to a comfortable mind, but not too suitable for a person with diseases of the foot vessels, since in this case the limbs can fly.
Various samples may be offered with pillows or a headboard roller.
- Straight. Such a model resembles a traditional couch. Sometimes in the kit there is a lumbar roller. The disadvantages of the product include a back with an angle of deflection only a little above 90 degrees.
- Transformers. This variety is located on a heavy base and allows you to adjust the back, seat, leg position. Very comfortable and comfortable instance that can be performed in bizarre form and have armrests.
- Semicircular. This chair is made on the frame, for which the rounded transition from the back to the support of the legs with the deflection inwards is peculiar. The knee zone is angular and somewhat raised, which increases comfort during rest.
Materials and colors
First of all, it should be said about the types of frame, on which the modern couch chair can be made. Select a number of species.
- Wooden. Wood – durable and reliable raw materials. Configured breeds are used by special demand for furniture. In the manufacture, the product is impregnated with an antiseptic agent and lacquer.
- Wood slabs. Pay attention to polished or lacquered MDF copies, characterized by a more dense structure, and therefore reliability. If the choice fell on the fiberboard, chipboard, osp, then keep in mind that these materials are pretty vulnerable to high humidity and overheating.
- Plywood. Samples from this raw material are made using the maximum thick plates. Not too reliable and durable, but rather budget option.
- Metal. Especially common patterns with shiny coatings, which retain a beautiful appearance of the surface and protect material from corrosion processes.
- Plastic. Most of the production is used by PVC. This is a durable raw material, the product from which you can buy at an affordable price.
Most often the couch is obtained beautiful, bright, glossy, but they need competent care and careful appeal, as the plastic is very vulnerable to scratches.
Next, consider the options for fillers that can be used in the manufacture of a chair-couch.
- Latex. It happens natural or artificial. Different air permeability, hypoallergenia, resistant to sending and durability.
- Porolon. Well ventilated fine-puffed material, which preserves the shape perfectly, but is sensitive to moisture and long dries.
- Lighttek. Can adapt to a certain form depending on the peculiarities of the vacation. Externally not much aesthetic, but has high performance qualities.
- Openform. Is an alternative to spring blocks. Withstands high load, so suitable for recreation people with a large body weight.
- Twisted horse hair. This is a hard material that retains the form perfectly, but it is not too easy to care, as it requires periodic processing by an antiseptic, and also has a high cost.
When choosing a chair-couch for home, pay attention to the upholstery, as it depends on both the appearance of the product and the comfort of the saddle.
- Natural fabrics. These are breathable materials that are well absorbed moisture. Among the disadvantages, there is a tendency to the shrinkage and a feature to quickly fade.
- Artificial belt. It has attractive appearance and durability, but poorly passes air.
- Combinations. Mixing natural fabrics and synthetics allows you to create materials, almost devoid of flaws of both options.
- Leatherette. Popular copy, which looks rather solidity and is resistant and unpretentious in care.
- Leather. This is an expensive material that though looks prestigious, but requires serious care. In addition, this option is vulnerable to mechanical damage.
The color of the couch, choose depending on the room where it will stand.
If this is an office, then choose neutral black or brown options; Instances in white and pastel colors are suitable for the bedroom; For the living room and kitchen, the color is selected taking into account the color range of the entire room; For the children’s room you can find a sample in merry bright shades – yellow, red, purple, green.
How to choose?
Pay attention to the angle of tilt back. The most convenient copy has an inclination ratio of the back to the seat of at least 120 degrees. Prefer the models with the ability to adjust the angle.
Also pay attention to the size of the product. Usually, the chair towers above the floor at 60 cm, and the length varies from 2.2 to 2.5 m. For small rooms, choose miniature options with a length of about 1.5 m, which also perfectly fit into the setting of the children’s room.
About how to make a chair-couch with your own hands, look in the following video.