Each dwelling has upholstered furniture that creates comfort and comfort in the house. Due to intensive use, sofas and armchairs are often contaminated. Stains may arise due to children’s pranks, food use, animal activities. To return the soft furniture purity and attractiveness, you can use the services of professionals or clean it yourself.
Features of self-cleaning
Maintaining cleanliness in rooms is important not only for aesthetic purpose, but also for the health of living. This rule also applies to interior subjects. Hosts are often bothering the question of how to make effective cleaning upholstered furniture at home so as not to spoil the upholstery.
The advantages of cleansing sofas and seats on their own forces can be called the following points:
- lack of the need to transport large-sized interior items to the cleaning company;
- Furniture is not damaged;
- Sofas and armchairs are cleaned with extremely safe substances for health, which is especially relevant in families with young children;
- If there is a lot of work, then it can be done gradually and slowly.
Of the cons of such cleaning, the following is distinguished:
- With an illiterate selection of detergent, it is possible to damage the upholstery;
- formation of divorces in case of poor-quality washing.
As you know, clean up the upholstered furniture is much cheaper than buy a new one. In addition, it is not always the desire to get rid of favorite sofas or chairs. If the soft furniture for any reason lost the initial appearance, lasted, stains and divorces appeared on it, then You can try to clean it yourself or contact professionals.
As you know, dust and stains make upholstered and unattractive furniture, so every hostess wants to clean it independently. The first important rules for cleaning the sofa at home is the speed, that is, the stains should output immediately. These interior items need regular wiping with a damp climber or cleansing with a vacuum cleaner.
The hostess need to remember that each type of upholstery requires compliance with certain rules for cleaning and care.
To self-eliminate unpleasant odors, spots, dust and dirt with upholstered furniture, you can use the store chemicals, folk methods, as well as household appliances such as a vacuum cleaner and steam cleaner.
When contacting a cleaning company, you can be confident in the positive result of the process of cleansing upholstered furniture. The masters of their business use special means and aggregates for a particular upholstery. Cleaning sofas and chairs is accompanied by removal from the surface of various types of pollution and spots. With the help of deep cleaning and special equipment, professionals will be removed from furniture not only dirt, but also malicious particles.
People who work in a cleaning company go to the destination, whether it is an office or an apartment, and they perform their work. Owners do not have to carry large-sized objects in the city.
Often, experts have the following types of services:
- preliminary cleaning of sofas, chairs, puffs;
- Handling stains;
- cleansing using an extractor method;
- elimination of a dirty solution;
- deodorization that implies the elimination of any unpleasant odor;
- Processing of upholstered furniture with antistatic.
Despite the mass of advantages, owners of sofas and chairs are infrequently using the services of cleaning companies due to the high cost of services. However, it is worth remembering that these costs are considered quite justified, since in the perfect result of cleaning furniture can be completely confident.
Cleaning upholstered furniture at home can be carried out with wet and dry ways. These procedures can be carried out as a submitted means, chemicals and special techniques.
In the case when folk methods do not cope with stains and smells that settled on the upholstered furniture, you can use special substances that are sold in the store. It is worth choosing based on the type of upholstery on the sofa, the use of a wet or dry cleaning method, as well as pollution features. You can buy as a universal means to cope with any spots, and intended for labor-based contaminants.
Before starting cleansing the sofa or chairs with chemicals, you need to make sure that the tool will cope with its task and does not harm the upholstery.
When performing cleaning upholstered furniture should adhere to the recommendations of specialists.
- If on the sofa or chair covers are removed, then it should be done. After removal, the covers can be sent to the washing machine where to add a special cleaner. However, do not forget that before washing it is worth watching the product label, where it will be indicated whether automatic washing is allowed.
- Covers that can not be washed with a washing machine, can be cleaned manually with a chemical store. Make sure that it will not harm furniture, you can, having tried it on a piece of material.
- Apply a special substance, It is impossible to use a large amount of water, as this may cause the formation of divorces on the tissue, and also complicates the drying process.
- After the furniture is dry, The remains of the chemical can be liquidated using a vacuum cleaner.
The most effective cleaning upholstered furniture is wet. But at the same time, you should not forget that if we wash the sofa or chair and at the same time it is badly dried, you can get a new problem in the form of mold.
Some hostesses use detergent vacuum cleaners, but if it does not have any, you can replace it with a cloth with a cloth and soap solution.
Stepped wet cleaning of upholstered furniture:
- The surface of the vacuum;
- A solution based on water, dishwashing liquids, washing powder;
- The napkin is dipped into the cooked detergent, after which it is pressed;
- The upholstery of the sofa is thoroughly rubbed a napkin, which is periodically wetting;
- After complete drying of the sofa surface should be treated with a vacuum cleaner.
Experts argue that wet cleaning is not suitable for any kind of upholstery fabric. In some cases, without dry cleaning can not do. In this situation, you can use foam substances, vacuum cleaners and powders. For example, for too capricious fabric it is better to use a steam cleaner.
From foam substances, Vanish has proven well, Due to the density of the structure of which the material purified remains almost in a dry form. Ready powder can be bought in the store. And also for dry cleaning of furniture use soda, salt and chalk, which are applied to a slightly moistened upholstery. Dust from sofas and chairs it is better to eliminate the vacuum cleaner.
When using special equipment, cleaning furniture can be called a light and fast process. The use of a vacuum cleaner is quite effective with a small amount of pollution. With this unit you can eliminate the wool of pets. For the refreshment of upholstery, you can after the cleaning procedure go through the furniture with a damp cloth.
The deep cleaning of the vacuum cleaner is as follows:
- covering furniture wet sheets;
- knocking out the surface with a flapper;
- Neat removal of sheets with subsequent elimination of the assembled dust with a vacuum cleaner.
The detergent vacuum cleaner is an excellent option that will help eliminate heavy dilution types. This fixture can be carried out both preparatory and wet cleaning.
Experts do not recommend using the washing vacuum cleaner for gentleproof fabrics.
Cleaning with a special brush, for example, an electric brush-nozzle for separator vacuum cleaner is quite effective. This device has a roller with brushes in its design, which rotates, making shock movements. Such mechanical tools for cleaning upholstered furniture not only eliminate dust, but also fus a pile, thereby destroying malicious microorganisms.
Cleaning the steam generator was recognized in the most perfect way. This unit is able to remove a large number of stains, to all of the time it updates the structure of the material, eliminates dust ticks, larvae moth, makes the upholstery soft, shiny. Using the steam generator, do not forget about such moments:
- enjoy dry steam;
- apply high temperature mode;
- keep pressure under control.
After the processing of furniture by this modern type of technology is over, it is worth taking a dry napkin and wipe the surface. The pair is typical of soften stains, so they easily eliminate the napkin.
How to choose a tool?
To wash the sofa or chair with a tissue upholstery, it is worth choosing an effective tool that can be represented as a foam, spray, powder. Spray must be sprayed into a polluted piece of furniture, and then wipe with a sponge. The foam substance is applied to the surface, it is maintained to dry, and then removed by a vacuum cleaner.
To eliminate stains that have just formed, you can use cleaning powder. The substance is applied to the spot, leave until the color change, and then vacuuming.
Special detergents were developed by manufacturers to cleanse from all sorts of spots carpets and furniture items. Therefore, many stores can eliminate almost any pollution. A number of compositions can be attributed to demanded cleaning substances.
- Shampoo “San Wedge”. This universal means puts in order carpets, sofas, chairs, as well as car seat covers. It is sprayed on a contaminated surface, and then wipe the sponge.
- Grass Universal Cleaner – This is a universal remedy that not only eliminates all sorts of spots on upholstered furniture, carpets, car seat covers, but also eliminates unpleasant odors. The advantage of this composition can be called what it does not need to be washed after applying.
- KARCHER SPRAY-EX TABS RM 760. The tool is presented in the form of water-soluble tablets, which are professional can be cleaned both furniture and carpet. The solution without difficulty returns the former clean and fresh surface view. This remedy needs to be washed with water.
If there were no professional chemicals in the house, then you can clean up the soft furniture with the help of.
- Soda, vinegar, washing powder. This self-made means consisting of a spoonful of soda, the same amount of powder and third part of a glass of vinegar, is divorced by hot water so that in the end it turned out 500 ml of solution. After foaming of the substance, it can be applied to stains using a spacing. You can count the contamination using a non-rigid sponge.
- Hydrogen peroxide. To eliminate contamination from the upholstery surface, as well as an unpleasant smell, it is worth pouring 15 drops of hydrogen peroxide in 1 l warm water. After that, there is a detergent in the amount of 1 tablespoons, shabby and sent to the spoon. The surface of the upholstered furniture is processed by a solution and brings up a soft sponge.
- Vinegar – This is a powerful oxidizing agent, which dissolves dirt on the upholstery surface, eliminates the salinity, and eliminates unpleasant odors. For the preparation of the cleaner it is worth diluting 0.25 liters of vinegar with warm water. There you also need to add a tablespoon of detergent, mix everything thoroughly and pour into a tank with a pulverizer. After spraying, the surface is worthwhile to wash the sponge.
- Lemon juice is the same strong type of oxidizer as vinegar. However, its main difference from the previous version is that after processing the furniture acquires a pleasant aroma of citrus. For the preparation of the solution, it is necessary to squeeze 120 ml of lemon juice in 500 ml of water. With the help of a sprayer, this agent is sprayed on pollution. The last step in cleansing furniture will wipe the spots with a soft sponge.
- Ammonia. To eliminate settlement on upholstered furniture, you can use ammonia alcohol. To purify pollution in half liter of water worth adding 50 ml of ammonic alcohol and a spoonful of vinegar. This solution should be mixed and apply to a contaminated area. After that, the furniture is wiping with a cloth or sponge and closed with clean water.
Subtleties of cleaning different materials
At home, it is quite easy to clean my hands without divorce to clean up soft furniture from stains, dirt and smell. Wash away from casualization, blood, chocolate armrests or sofa sofa can be soda and vinegar, salt and other infrident means. As well as for cleansing light furniture or with serious contaminants, you can use a steam generator (saparler) and make it cleaning right at home.
Specialists recommend avoiding wet cleaning velvet, silk, tapestry upholstery.
In this case, pollution is better to eliminate sprays or powders. Despite the fact that the tapestry is quite sensitive to water, he can withstand mechanical cleaning. Velur and Flock inherent in the possibility of loss of an attractive appearance in the event that the direction of the pile is damaged. Such fabrics are better handled by a steam generator.
With the help of the steamer it is recommended to clean the nubuck. And these fabrics are well cleaned with rubber brushes. Sofas and chairs that have a long pile, it is better to clean the vacuum cleaner that has a hose with wound marlay. The latter must be dyed in a solution with salt. Soft furniture with light upholstery It is recommended to clean with vinegar.
Reviews of upheld furniture owners indicate that these interior items can be cleaned of contaminants as independently and contacting professionals. Many people are satisfied with the result of the use of popular chemicals in the form of sprays, powders, shampoos. However, fans eliminals remain fasteners, safe for health.
In the next video you can watch the stages of professional dry cleaning of upholstered furniture.