One of the important issues that is considered comprehensively is the choice of furniture for children. As the child grows, he needs a special place for classes to sculpt, draw, paint, play small games. For this, the child needs his own table and chair.
Advantages and disadvantages
Such furniture has obvious advantages:
- Multifunctionality – depending on the situation, you can take food or doing creativity at the table, do lessons, work on a computer. In addition, manifested by a mixture, a table and a chair can be turned into a construction material for a shala, a car or any other subject, it all depends on the child’s imagination.
- Children’s furniture participates in child raising. First, the presence of your own workplace gives the child of importance and self-confidence. Secondly, with the help of modern tables, you can learn to count, write, learn a lot of new information, improve drawing skills. Third, your own corner for creativity develops the ability of thinking, imagination, and its cleaning and maintenance of order contributes to the development of independence.
- Modern materials are hygienic, hypoallergenic, resistant to external influences.
Some models have minor flaws:
- The set, as a rule, includes only one chair. So for a family where there are a few children, they will have to buy additionally.
- Soft upholstery chairs quickly dumps, so you need to think about removable covers.
- Children grow rapidly, so Furniture with a fixed size must be changed more.
Focusing at different ages of children, you can highlight the following categories. For kids from birth to year.
In its destination, they can be:
- for feeding;
Multifunctional seats with multiple backrest positions – they can be used from birth to achieving a certain weight.
They can be different in design and perform functions:
- lounge chairs;
- Food Places.
Also, such models are usually complemented by a removable table, a music block, toys, making mechanisms.
Feeding models can consist only of high highchair, which is usually shifted to a dining table or present a set of stool with a tabletop. The table in this case can be equipped with a mechanism for raising or movement and recesses for bottles, mugs and plates. The removable countertop is more convenient, as it makes it easier to clean and allows the high chairs moved to the usual table. Such tables are less suitable for creativity due to limited surface.
Transformers are a design in the form of a high stool, which can be turned into a regular table and chair. It is convenient, as you save and money and time, and you can return the product at any time to the assembled state.
- For children from year to seven years. For the development of certain skills of shallow motility, it is necessary to draw painting, modeling, applique, learn new material, collect designers and play board games. For this, it is best for children who are suitable specifically for a particular child.
Among them are distinguished:
- Folding – Such models are convenient if there is little room in the room or you often leave for the country. Folding mechanisms Various – in some embodiments the legs are folded, and in some and the table top can be folded into two halves.
- Typical – preserve their appearance unchanged. Such classic, usual models consist of a tabletop and supports, the chair also looks usually. They cannot be removed, depending on the situation (if only unscrewing the legs or disassemble the whole design).
- Growing – Their height varies in proportion to the growth of the child. The essential advantage of this model is to save budget. Moreover, not only the size of the entire product is adjusted, but also the tilt. Usually included various accessories: Pencil Pencils, Stands.
And also such tables can be supplemented with boxes for stationery, leg support and t. D. The working surface can be solid or divided into separate activities. In some models, the right (or left, depending on the main hand) The side of the table is deeper and has a ledge in order to fit the elbow.
Any of these species can be equipped with a folding easel, a drawing paper coil, which is fixed directly on the working surface, a blackboard for drawing with a chalk or a special marker. If the material allows – cards, alphabet, numbers, fields for the game can be depicted on the surface (for example, in sea battle, chess, checkers or labracts).
Tables with magnetic board are greatly popular – they will become an excellent study manual and help learn to read and count.
Configuration Table and Chair can be separate or look like a design of a table and parties. Of course, the correctly selected part provides the child the right position, but also there are inconvenience due to the fact that they can only be used together and in no way, and it is difficult to remove them or move, they take more space.
- For schoolchildren Most often, special orthopedic desks are acquired, which will not only help properly organize the student’s process, but also will retain his health. Orthopedic furniture at this age is especially important due to the increasing load on the body. It can be growing models and with unchanged high.
The working surface should be tilted at an angle and fixed in one position. The distance between the book or the notebook and the eyes of the schoolchild must be at least thirty centimeters. Proper landing will save from scoliosis and remove the burden on the spine.
Mandatory is the presence of a computer for a computer with a system unit or laptop.
Such a table must be equipped with a storage system for painting accessories and shelves for books and notebooks. The chair can be purchased separately, and in the place of more stable models on the legs can come options on wheels and with a swivel mechanism. At this age, the child’s opinion is very important – this is a prerequisite for creating a comfortable atmosphere for training.
- For teenagers By its functionality, the furniture is not much different from adult. At this age, the appearance occupies hardly the first position when choosing, so it is precisely parents who must take care that the table and chair fit the necessary requirements and did not cause inconvenience. Kits are rarely purchased, as a rule, these are two separate items suitable for style.
Forms and sizes
For children up to year, chairs choose, depending on the weight of the child, the height must correspond to the height of your dining table. Children over a year are guided by the parameters presented in the furniture matching table. All values are specified in centimeters.
Of course, it is necessary to take into account the individual features of children, as the limbs and torso can be disproportionate. In the sitting stop position should stand on the floor, the corner in the knees should be direct. If the legs do not get to the floor, and the angle between the thigh and the shin is stupid or sharp – you need to choose another height. If the seat is high, you can use a special footrest.
The distance between the knees and the countertop should be about or a little more than 10 cm. The seat should not be too deep, the back should be tightly pressed.
The parameters and form of the table top depends on the age of the child:
- For infants use small countertops rounded form.
- For preschoolers: Square tables have parameters 60×60 cm, rectangular 40×60 or 60×80 cm, round in diameter 90 cm, arbitrary shape models have different parameters. The main thing is to comply with the proportions for the stability of the model.
- For schoolchildren and teenagers. Rising parties usually have 80×55 cm sizes with one working area and 120-140×80 cm for surface with two or three zones (for example, for writing, for a computer and printer). Working tables for senior schoolchildren and students can be manufactured by individual sizes, it all depends on what they will be used. After all, in addition to the computer, the printer, scanner and other devices must still be located on the table, as well as a place to perform written works.
Among the variety of forms can be allocated main:
- With roundings.
The shape of the table is selected, depending on the room. For small rooms, the angular models will be suitable, as they use space in the corner.
Fraulic chairs made from:
Wood – the most suitable material for any children’s furniture due to its naturalness. Better if it is pine, birch, ash, oak or larch. Cherry and apple tree are easy to process, but are not strong enough, which is the first requirement for this furniture. Wenge or Red Tree are also suitable, but they will greatly increase the cost of the product.
Plywood significantly lighter than wood, but less durable, besides, it is sensitive to humidity. So if the child sheds water or drinks, you need to quickly remove everything.
Chipboard – the most affordable material, has a lot of coloring and textures, due to this suitable for any room design.
Plastic – excellent wear-resistant and lightweight material. It is comfortable to wash, it is resistant to humidity. Pay attention to the thickness of the plastic, it should not be too thin, because it can bend and break.
Metal – It is commonly used its light varieties, which makes moving furniture available even for a child. It is durable, resistant to external influences, durable. The seat at the stool can be made of the same material as a frame or different from it. For example, often a metal frame for a reduction in total weight is complemented by plastic seat. For comfort, the seat can be soft, covered with textiles or leatherette.
The frame of the table can also be plastic, metal, wooden or chipboard. As a tabletop, besides the framework of the framework, use glass, magnetic cloths and drawing boards.
The tabletop must clean well and not absorb paints, plasticine and other materials for creativity
Choosing the color of furniture for the child, you can move away from stereotypical blue and pink. If you have several children, and you want one big table with a few chairs – choose neutral colors that will fall to taste to all. If you choose your workplace for each child, it will serve as another means for zoning the room.
Listen to the individual preferences of the child, his interests. Favorite heroes of books, comics, cartoons can surround a child everywhere, and if the baby is preparing for school, it makes sense to choose a desk with the image of letters, numbers or a geographical map.
Calm colors (blue, lettuce, green) will help the baby calm down, while bright colors will stimulate mental and physical activity.
If the child is often distracted and can not focus, choose calm pastel shades or just white color without image.
Sometimes the color decision directly depends on which material is made of a children’s table or chair. Plastic is painted in production and has a wide color gamut. DSP is laminated, its edges are processed by edge. Products from this material are a rich selection of not only colors, but also. Metal is usually painted with enamel, unpainted metal surfaces are rarely used in children’s rooms.
The tree can be painted or natural shade covered with varnish. Wood colors and textures are used in nursery, made in a classic direction or modern eco-style.
Manufacturers of modern children’s furniture offer a wide selection of models with beautiful design and reliable quality. In fact, the brand does not give a complete guarantee that there will be no problems during operation. However, a proven organization that exists in the market for several years and has positive feedback, inspires confidence more than newcomers firms.
When choosing a specific manufacturer, pay attention to the following nuances:
- Warranty service life.
- Availability of certificates of compliance with sanitary standards.
- If possible – first go to the store and inspect the available samples, it will give you an exemplary idea of the materials and method of assembling.
- Manufacturing and delivery time.
- The cost must be justified. If the cost is slightly higher than the market average, then perhaps the Seller will offer you free shipping or other additional services.
Among the manufacturers of chairs for feeding the most popular companies PEG-PEREGO, Chicco, Cam, Happy Baby, Jetem, Selby. Good reviews Watching Manufacturers and Tables: “Demi”, “Bureaucrat”, “Astek”, “Hummingbirds”, Kettler, TCT Nanotec, “Shkolyarik”, “Posture”, Master, IKEA.
How to choose?
When choosing furniture for a child, first of all pay attention to:
Furniture should be comfortable, suitable for weight and child growth. The light should fall on the left side, if there is not enough natural light, think about additional desktop or wall light fixtures. The size of the furniture should ensure the right landing that does not harm the child’s health.
All fastenings of the folding system must be safe. For young children in chairs are used five-point belts. All furniture must be with rounded corners. The design should be stable, do not stagger and not tip.
All screws should be closed with decorative linings so that the child can not unscrew them independently. Materials must be checked for toxicity and have appropriate certificates.
From the point of view of practicality:
- Choose a growing model or model transformers, it will help to save significantly.
- Choose wear-resistant and durable materials from a proven manufacturer, so you avoid problems during operation.
- Pay attention to the warranty period: what it is longer, the better.
From the point of view of aesthetic, the table and chairs should not fall out of the total colors and stylistics. Child from an early age you need to instill a feeling of taste. Avoid contrasting colors, as they can act on the nervous system and vision.
Unusual models in the interior
You can buy a table and a chair from one collection, then they will look like material and appearance. Or products can be completely different textures and colors. The main thing is that they come to the overall view of the room were safe and convenient for the child.
If you have several children, you can purchase a common table of an oblong form, it will significantly save space and reduce the price. For preschoolers, a round table will be the ideal option – there is enough space for him. Do not forget to purchase chairs for friends.
If the baby proceeds to classes reluctantly – to attract his attention will help stylized furniture in the form of animals or vehicles. It is important to consider that such furniture should not only be pleasant, but also convenient.
Tables can be not only an independent object, but also part of the furniture headset. In addition, with the help of various colors, it is possible to conditionally divide the room to the zones intended for each child.
For preschool and younger school age, you can purchase a model in the idea of the game field. It can be roads for machines, construction site, table football or hockey.
For girls, an important interior subject will be the dressing table, followed by a girl in the form of the game to learn to follow its appearance.
“Adults” Children also need a workplace. In this case, the table should be more functional, because with age, training load is growing, new, more conscious hobbies appear.
In this video, you will be waiting for a review of the children’s table and chairs TEGA.