If you started overhaul in the apartment, then the question of the choice of interroom doors will be sure to. Trend decision today is considered to install sliding interroom doors. This is primarily due to the fact that apartments are often not distinguished by large dimensions, which means that every free centimeter is important when planning.
Sliding systems allow you to further save space, and will also certainly become a stylish highlight of your interior.
Features and advantages
Sliding interroom doors have a mass gain.
- They allow saving space. This is especially important for small apartments. In order to open the opening door, it is necessary that the free space remains around a square meter, while the sliding interroom door will not occupy the room space at all;
- The ability to choose a model without a threshold. This is the perfect option for families with young children and older people, the absence of thresholds in this case will ensure the safety and comfort of their movement in the apartment;
- Ease and silent discovery. The door canvas very easily slides on the guides, which means to open the door it will not be necessary to apply special efforts. The most important thing is that the installation of the structure has been performed qualitatively, then the system will work absolutely silently and easily;
- Many design options for any interior. The market presents a huge selection of the design of sliding interroom doors, each buyer can easily choose the product to their taste;
- Operating safety. Special limiters are supplied, fixing the sash, so you can not worry that the door will suddenly shut from the impact of wind or draft;
- Stylish and non-standard view. You can make the interior of your apartment modern, fashionable and not like everyone else;
- Available cost. The price of sliding systems varies depending on the size of the structure, material manufacturing material, manufacturer. However, to find a suitable option for an acceptable price will be able every buyer.
There are such disadvantages to a few disadvantages.
- Insufficient heat and sound insulation. This is due to constructive features, the sliding door is not always perfectly tightly closed, so it can pass noise;
- The guide of the sliding system is very quickly dusting, so they need to be carefully wiped from contamination from time to time;
- Impossibility to install on the wall in which the sliding system, lamps and sockets mounted.
Varieties of structures
Distinguish two main types of sliding doors.
- Single bed – have one moving cloth;
- Two-rolled – have two moving canvas.
Sliding interroom single door is the perfect solution for small rooms with small doorways. Their best to use when there is a need to mount the door between small rooms and save the maximum much free space.
Dual-sized systems are suitable only for wide doorways in spacious apartments.
It should be stop in more detail on single interroom doors. As already mentioned, single-sided sliding systems have compact dimensions. They open the shift of the Welcome, due to which the free place in the room. Installing such systems is also quite simple. The design into the wall or the ceiling is attached.
Types of sliding systems
There are several of the most popular species of modern sliding interior single-door doors.
- Door-penalty. The feature of their design is that they are opened along the wall. This door is very convenient and functional. They are often installed not only in apartments and houses, but also in offices. The design has enough good noise insulation, it is compact and will save free space in the room. Door design can be very diverse: there is a wide selection of color schemes on the market, some models can be decorated with patterns and glass inserts, so finding the right product will work for any interior style.
- Door-coupe. Enjoy great popularity, suitable for installation in such small rooms, like a kitchen, corridor, bedroom, office, and so on. The single sliding system “coupe” is easy to easily mounted, and this does not require a pre-installation of the door frame and thresholds. Such doors can also be mounted, they are attached to the wall or ceiling. Systems “coupe” have a very attractive appearance, some models look like a panel, and when you push the door, it is completely hiding in the wall. The coupe doors are great for the interiors in the style of high-tech and minimalism.
- Room harmonica. Represents a folding canvas arranged on the principle of blinds. Makeled doors thanks to roller and rail. Production materials can be different: wood, glass and others. The sliding system “Harmoshka” perfectly fit into such interior styles as high-tech and minimalism. They can be installed in any rooms, be it kitchen, bedroom, living room, corridor, bathroom or office. The main advantages of such doors – compactness and aesthetic appearance.
Modern sliding doors can be made of a variety of materials. Making a choice in favor of this or that material, you need to rely on your personal preferences, as well as on some features of each type of material.
- Glass The sliding door is becoming increasingly popular. The design consists of a solid glass of glass, and the door frame can be made of wood or metal. Such a product has excellent noise insulation qualities. Opens the door is always in one side. For the manufacture of a glass single door, tempered glass is used, which can have various shades and outdoor finish. The transparency of the door canvase will depend on the degree of painting and tininess of the glass.
Glass products visually increase space space, make it lighter and cozy.
- Wooden Sliding doors – the perfect option for the interior in the classic style, however, thanks to a wide variant of various designs, wooden products can be chosen for any other style. Gorgeous luxury products are produced from natural wood, but their cost will be quite high.
- A more fiscal option will be the sliding system from fiberboard or mdf, which in appearance is sometimes difficult to distinguish from the product from a natural tree, and the cost will be significantly lower.
- Mirror Sliding doors are made from a mirroring canvase that can be matte or tinted. Such a system will visually make the room much volume, spacious and air. Mirrored products will be resistant to moisture and temperatures. The design will be convenient to operate and care.
- Combined. Many sliding interior doors combine several different materials – glass, plastic, mirror, fabric, metal and others. This allows you to create stylish and original designs. For example, a wooden door canvas can be decorated with forged elements or inserts from rice paper in oriental style.
How to choose?
Before purchasing sliding doors, certainly pay attention to the following nuances.
- Soundproofing design. The system must provide the necessary level of sound and noise insulation of the room;
- The quality and reliability of all mechanisms of the system and accessories should be at the highest level;
- Safety of manufacturing materials. They must be environmentally friendly and safe for health;
- Product Design must match the interior style of your housing.
How to install a sliding door with your own hands, look in the following video.