The reliability of the door lock has always been an urgent topic along with a solid door. Thanks to modern technologies, not every door can succumb to attackers, but open the locking mechanism for them is much easier.
Some of the most popular protective locks – Bolt locks for doors. Despite the fact that they do not differ in high levels of protection, nevertheless, are well suited for some doors and are actively used.
Rigel is a detail of the lock, which is a movable metal rod that can move between fixed elements. Based on the design of the Bolshoe Castle – just such rods. With the rotation of the key, the Rigel moves between other parts and is fixed in the desired position.
Such mechanisms were previously applied only to protect safes, but now due to increased demand for the production of more reliable mechanisms, used both for conventional entrance doors and for utility doors and garages.
Mounted, as a rule, complex bolt mechanisms only by professionals due to their difficult design. Models easier can be installed independently. Important moment – during installation you need to correctly calculate the number of inserted rods.
Bolt locks are divided into several types of main characteristics: installation method, manufacturing material, appearance, and even in terms of complexity of the mechanism. But the main types of design type are only two.
Hinged bolt castles
Similar models are very common – they are used as locks for lockers of some fitness clubs, to lock the subsidies or garages. Despite the aforementioned reliability of biblial locks, this type of such characteristic is no different, They are pretty easy to open or hack, But only if there are special skills.
Curvage Bolshoe Castles
The name of the castle itself says that on the surface of the door or gate it will not be too highlighting.
Most often installed at the input armored doors, does not “repel” from the surface of the door.
Different with high level of reliability due to the so-called crab system. Rods for fixing are installed all over the perimeter of the lock and mounted directly to the door, which makes them resistant to hacking.
How to choose?
The material of the manufacture of the lock must be approached by the material from which the door is made. The location market provides the ability to choose a wide variety of models – from castles from cast iron to “guards” stainless steel. Of course, the last option is the most durable and is distinguished by a long service life.
There are several characteristics by which you can check for strength locking battle mechanisms directly before purchase.
- As a rule, in building supermarkets there are several doors with similar “guards”. Need to look at such a door and check whether it is worse. The door must be fixed in a closed state.
- The castle must have a minimum gap with a box, but it is better that it is completely absent. Otherwise it will be very easy to hack.
- Such a mechanism should be made of a solid, neglightened impact metal, capable of withstanding a larger load. It is also possible to check when buying, putting a few heavy parts on the castle body. The main thing is not to overdo and adhere to reasonable borders.
Modern manufacturers offer a large number of variable locking models, differing in quality, level of reliability, manufacturing material and sizes. The choice of purchasing such a mechanism depends only on financial capabilities.
Despite the fact that it was said above about the difficulty of installing the battle locks, it is possible to do it yourself. But you can only install the mounted rigle mechanism. First of all it is necessary to protect your eyes. For this you need special safety glasses. As well as need several special tools if there is experience with some of them.
These are the following:
- Pliers and screwdrivers;
- welding machine;
- Drill and rolled to her.
Below is a brief instruction on the installation of such locking mechanisms.
- Note the location of the mechanism. It is very important to correctly calculate the installation height of the lock and the distance from the edge. Approximately he must be at a level just below the middle man’s belt.
- Attach the mechanism to the door to mark the drilling points.
- Next Make marking on the end. It is important to take into account the thickness of the installed mechanism.
- Using a drill to drill holes on the edges of the end. It is correctly drilled holes and guarantee the strength of the “landing” of the locking mechanism.
- Put the case on the door to apply marking.
- Bolt be bolted.
- Set the keyhole.
- The second part of the door lock is established similarly.
Advantages and disadvantages
For a long time, such locks are owned by their positive qualities.
- Some models are easy to install on their own (especially concerns locks on small lockers, warehouses with not particularly valuable things), although, of course, it is better to ask for help to a professional if you really want reliable installation.
- They just just use. From the inside such a mechanism is snapped without using the key. Just shut the door.
- Democratic price. Similar locking mechanisms never have too high prices, so virtually all are available.
The minuses of construction are not so much.
- Low level of protection of some models. If there is skills, it is easily opened with screwdriver / stud / nail / knife. With the help of these tools plates are moved. In addition, they are easy to wake.
- Installation of bolt locking mechanisms differs from the installation of other models, so when replacing it will have to add some more work, restoring the door surface and driving new holes.
It is worth noting that due to the rapid development of technology over the past two centuries, the modern market is replete with various key systems. The Rigal Castle is inferior to his reliability positions to some other “fellow” and is most often used as an additional castle to the main.
About how the rigle castle is arranged, see the following video.