The need to choose the right handles for the entrance doors arises from the owners of urban apartments, and owners of private houses. Complicates the process that accessories with a mortise lock for metal and plastic structures has quite large differences. So, brass knobs for Chinese doors are often installed by default manufacturers, but not always comply with quality and safety requirements. Find out what option of the door fittings will allow to turn any home into the fortress, will help a weighted approach to the choice when buying such components.
Device and types of fittings
All types of handles for the entrance door are divided into mortise (with lock) and overheads, they are often supplied with additional components in the form of casuals or other locking mechanisms.
You can usually find the following options.
- “Fungus” – represents an option, visually not a little different from Knoba, but providing high wear resistance and durability. Does not have a swivel mechanism, attached to the false way. Used to open and closing metal doors.
- Skobe. Optional design option designed exclusively for use as an element of the door opening. Does not have a locking mechanism, can be attached to a cross-cutter or one-sided way.
- Pressure handle. Such accessories is supplied with a fell latch – a mortise element embedded in the door of the door. The lever handle during nage provides the output of the protruding element from the groove. Castles in such products can be installed by default. But you can find and option without a locking mechanism. Options for lining included in the design can be both solid and separate. In the first case, it is necessary to take into account a number of additional parameters, including the mid-space distance. In the second, the handle is used only for opening the door, does not participate in the work of the locking mechanism.
- On the bar. Considered a variety of pressure products. Can be equipped with an external lining provided that it does not participate in locking the door. In separate models there are blocks against unlocking doors with a key. Combined with lock design options need to be selected especially carefully.
- Ball or Knobu. It combines the push-button principle and the effect of the rotary mechanism, which opens or closing the locking device. Decorative brass products of this type are widespread. In the input structures, their use is possible without a latch or on the doors installed in auxiliary premises.
When choosing a material for a reliable and durable door handle, you should pay attention to the classic and durable stainless steel, providing a sufficiently long service life of the product. Among the most popular options here you can highlight brass. Colored metal has an attractive appearance and similar to more noble bronze or platinum. In addition, it provides opportunities for easy maintenance of the external attractiveness of the handle, does not require applying additional decorative coating. Brass facilities of accessories have low weight and strong enough to withstand intensive operation.
Aluminum and alloys based on it (silumin) are characterized by low weight and affordable price. But at the same time, the handles from such a metal are not sufficiently durable and with insignificant mechanical exposure may lose their initial characteristics. The material, among other things, is easily deformed, especially after the thermal impact.
Steel (ordinary, chrome or stainless) – the most common basics for the manufacture of door handles. Even made of ferrous products are durable and reliable, but exposed to corrosion. Stainless steel devoid of these flaws. In addition, it easily withstands the drops of moisture and temperature modes, without losing the initial characteristics. Chrome provides additional external appeal, gives protection against external influences. Also, carbon steel can have different decorative spraying options – under gold, silver, bronze.
Copper – a classic solution for country houses. Such handles most often have curly design and overhead type of execution. Since the colored metal is soft enough, it can be subject to deformation during operation. In addition, copper requires careful care – over time it fills, covered with a patina.
Forged products from cast iron are considered exclusive and extremely rarely fulfill the function of constipation or downtown. The material has a high resistance to external influences, but rather massive and requires for fastening the choice of the appropriate base.
Classification by appointment
Not only the choice of material is important when choosing door fittings. Equally important to consider the type of foundation on which the product is attached. For example, if we consider all modern types of door structures, you can confidently assert that it is quite difficult to choose a handle to them.
Door handles for input metal doors must be strong enough, To withstand an effort formed by the mass of steel canvas. The more severe the entrance group will be, the larger there should be accessories for her. For the iron door used in combination with a classic wooden web, less massive handle will suit. Here often use simple overhead options or push with a latch. The attention of the Chinese industry is especially attracted. Due to the low metal thickness, they mount the cheapest accessories, which is one of the main indicators of the product of the product.
For plastic doors, the corresponding handles are usually produced. Produced from PVC products require gentle operation, harmoniously combined with the general design of the object.
Stainless steel door design can withstand the most intensive operation, not afraid of weather and climatic changes. However, it is quite difficult to diversify its appearance. Unlike classic steel structures, the stainless steel is worse than it is decorated with decorative processing.
Installing aluminum doors requires the use of appropriate fittings. It should be easy and durable, to provide high functionality. It is distributed to the use of combined options with a locking mechanism for locking. Handle itself most often overhead. It is important to understand that aluminum products themselves do not have high strength and are set most often as an element of ensuring safety at the entrance to commercial buildings or in country houses with panoramic glazed. Here it is necessary to take care that the handle does not lose the design, harmonized with the overall design of the facade group.
When selecting door handles for the entrance group it is very important to pay attention to such an indicator as the quality of products. Attention should be paid to a number of important nuances.
- Appointment of door design. The input is used quite actively, and therefore needs the use of the most functional option of accessories. Here the optimal choice will be equipped with a lock-latch push handle. On the black stroke door, a simpler decorative bracket is installed.
- Quality of the selected product. The surface of the metal should not have chips and scratches, defects, roughness. If they are presented from buying it is better to refuse.
- The presence of decorative coating. Painted products must have a uniform distribution of the outer layer, without scuffs and lumen. Paint quality matters. It must be heat-resistant, to withstand a decrease in atmospheric temperatures.
- Work mechanisms. It should take place without a squeak, jealous. Check the locking item need to be purchased to avoid unpleasant discoveries in the future.
- Price price. If the door handle is unnecessary cheap, you should not expect that it will last long and guarantees the dwelling full safety. Cheap mechanism will be made of doubtful quality items and will not be able to provide the desired level of comfort in operation. Give preference better options in the price category from 2000 rubles and above.
If you consider all the advice and recommendations, make the right choice when buying door handles will be much simpler. All major parameters are easy to clarify the seller. And knowing the technical aspects of choice, do not have to worry about the reliability of the fitness used.
Overview of different handles for entrance doors is presented in the video below.