Pretty budget and quickly you can change the appearance of the door, if you see it dermatitin. This procedure is performed quite simple and easily, and, most importantly, does not require the use of some special and complex tools. How to seize the dorsen doors? The answer to this particular question will be given in our article.
Pros and cons
Dermatin used to hire a doors is an artificial skin consisting of several layers. Composition of this: Cotton fabric and nitrocellulose. In this case, these two material are applied by layers on each other.
This material is used not only to change the appearance of the entrance doors, but also for the upholstery of furniture, the manufacture of bags and even for the design of automotive salons. Material manufacturers themselves suggest that dermatin is a high-quality and presentable substitute for real skin.
But this material has its drawbacks and advantages that must be taken into account when choosing it.
In the role of basic advantages allocate:
- Resistance to the negative impact of harmful microorganisms, as well as rotting.
- Moisture protection and lack of negative consequences for a long-term contact with it.
- Practically unlimited service life with proper and neat operation.
- Ease of cleaning with water and any detergent, while the coating does not suffer from their impact.
- The ability to withstand even the lowest temperatures and not deform.
But there are some disadvantages, the mainstream is considered the impossibility of restoration of the material of the material. That is, if there is a hole, you will have to bother the entire door again. And the dermatin easily scratched and cuts, therefore, it is necessary to use the door, the lodge of this material, you need carefully.
But these minuses are significantly inferior to the pros, so it is not surprising that the popularity of Dermatina does not fall for many years. The wide range of this material contributes to popularity.
How to choose materials for trim?
By making the decision to strip your door leather dermatin, you should prepare in advance and related materials:
- Dermatin himself. It can be matte, glossy, perfectly smooth or having a small drawing.
- Insulation. It is better to use foam rubber or special mineral wool, it is these materials that are best combined with Dermatin.
It is necessary to give preference to Dermatin Tolstoy, it is more durable and durable, but its coloring and texture are selected by the buyer, depending on personal preferences. High-quality material with stretching should be slightly sprout – this indicates his quality. Carefully consider it for the presence of scratches, cracks or paint chip. The basis itself must be tight, without gaps to lay down to the upper layer of Dermatin.
Mineral wool should be purchased with a small margin, it will be useful in decorative design of the door web. If such a material failed to find, you can buy either isolon or batting. By the way, the isolon allows you to enhance sound insulation and thermal insulation of the entrance door. Therefore, this version of the insulation will be the best for people living in noisy terrain.
Some manufacturers offer their customers special sets that are designed to rise by Dermatin’s door leaf. Usually this set consists of the dermatine, insulation, decorative planks and special carnations. Therefore, every buyer can create a ready-made set, so to form it yourself.
In addition to the insulation and dermatin itself, you will also need: roulette or meter line, pencil, scissors, stapler, nails decorative, hammer, glue, flexible thin wire, metal corners, decorative planks, passage, screwdriver, ticks.
Of the above tools, it may be necessary not all, it all depends on how the upholstery will be carried out – in the usual way or with the drawing. In any case, all tools should be prepared in advance and locate next to the work site.
Decorative door leaf cover allows not only to change its appearance, but also make it more attractive and unusual.
Today, experts identify several basic varieties of such drawings:
- Ordinary upholstery using special rollers. With this method drawing, and, more precisely, its edging, there is only on the edges of the door, the rest of the surface is perfectly smooth and smooth.
- Another simple drawing, which consists of carnations installed on the diagonal to the right left and vice versa. This drawing is performed pretty quickly and best looks at the doors of dark shades.
- Simple, but at the same time stylish and not quite ordinary drawing, which consists of three separate ornaments. To fulfill it, it will be necessary to use not only carnations, but also special rollers or appliques from several strongholds dermatin.
- This drawing, again, consists of two. The first is the edging over the entire perimeter of the doors with cloves, and the second is located in the center of the doorway and consists of several small diamonds constituting one central rhombus.
- Another example of a beautiful, but simple drawing, consisting only of some diamonds, which cover all the door leaf.
There are still a lot of patterns of drawings that will help to decorate and highlight on the background of the rest of the door cauldons. Each of the proposed patterns of patterns is performed using various carnations, tabs, rollers and applications. In the presence of creative inspiration, patience and perfection, you can recreate almost any ornament on this material. The main thing is to take care in advance that all the necessary materials are at hand.
In order not to be disappointed in the work done, before performing the drawing with cloves and secure them to dermatitin, it is necessary for a pencil and buttons simply lay out the pattern and evaluate its appearance. At this stage, if something does not suit, you can easily remake all the work without consequences for the material.
We upheat the entrance product with your own hands: step by step
You can arrange a dermal door leaf, made of both wood and metal. In each case there are their own nuances when performing work. Therefore, consider more detail how to properly cover the door linen in each case.
The first stage is the calculation of the required number of dermatitis. Its quantity should be 15 cm more on each side than a similar door side. If the rollers are manufactured, then for one of them, a piece of this material is 15 cm wide and a length of the two-length doors. Do not forget that this calculation is given to the manufacture of one roller.
The size of the insulation is equal to the size of the door canvase, but attention should be paid to the thickness of it does not exceed two centimeters. The number of decorative carnations will depend on the presence of drawing and its type. The exact number of their number can be found in the drawings in detail.
It is necessary to remove the door with the loops and put it on a flat horizontal surface. It is also necessary to free the cloth from the handles, fasteners and locks. All these details will be interfered in the process of work.
Now you can form a roller. It’s right on the door. To do this, turn the harness from the insulation and laid it in the middle of the canvas. Such a strip is attached to all edges of the door, that is, from four sides. Much attention should be paid to the thickness of the roller everywhere the same.
After the roller is laid and fixed with a stapler, the insulation is necessary on the door canvase and on top to cover it dermatitin. In this case, the top coating should first be fixed around the perimeter, and only then perform the drawing, if it, of course, will.
You can make a roller and separately, and then attach to the door canvas. In this case, the basis is attached to the door with a margin on the roller, then the insulation and the dermatin itself is stacked, and the rollers are formed at the end.
The difference between these two ways lies in the fact that in the first case the roller itself is practically not visible, and in the second case it is clearly visible on the door. Specific way to form it depends on personal preferences.
But there is also an option to cover the inlet wooden door Dermatin and without the manufacture of rollers. In this case, the base is fixed with nails or brackets to the door to the door, then the insulation is unfolded, and the dermatin itself is fixed after that. Rollers on the door canvases allow you to enhance thermal insulation and sound insulation of doors, as well as reduce the noise level when they slam.
After completing all the work, you need to install all the door fittings in place and reap the door in the box.
Metal door leaf
The key difference in this case is that all materials will not be born to the doorway, and stick. The same applies to the carnations with which the pattern will be performed. They will have to be glued to dermatitis using a special adhesive basis.
The very sequence of actions is as follows:
- Removing the door leaf with loops and release it from fittings.
- Laying doors on a flat surface.
- Laying the basics for glue. To begin with, it is necessary to apply special glue to the entire perimeter of the door, as well as on its middle, and only after that it is necessary to lay the base from top to bottom, not allowing the appearance of bubbles on the surface.
- Now it is necessary to put insulation. To increase the strength of its fasteners on the already laid base, you can again apply a small amount of glue.
- Laying Dermatina. On the insulation, it is necessary to re-apply special glue and put the material on it. It is very important to correctly and clear the dermatin correctly, otherwise the door upholstery will be uneven, bubble, and the drawing will be impossible on it.
- Figure performance according to the selected scheme.
- Installation of accessories in the door leaf.
- Helping door hanging.
It is worth noting the fact that the drying of the door metal canvase dermatitin can be carried out both with the creation of rollers and without them. In general, the technology itself and the process of performing work in both cases is very similar.
Than you can paint the dermal door?
After performing all the work, the owners of doors, trimmed by dermatitin, can be calm, but only until the door canvas again loses its attractive appearance. With the onset of this moment, the question of whether it is necessary to re-perform the entire procedure. Of course, you can again cut the door, and you can restore it by painting up the upholstery in any other color.
For the restoration of the dermal door, the following materials can be used by staining it:
- Aerosol paint in bells allows you to perform staining easily and just. At the same time, the door canvas itself is completely optional to remove with loops. The procedure takes a little time, and the palette of shades is extremely wide, so you can paint the door in almost any color.
- Special impregnations, which are very similar to those used to protect shoes. Their use allows not only to change the color of dermatin, but also to improve its water-repellent properties. They are inexpensive and sold almost everywhere. Minus lies in the fact that the effect of their impact is short-term, so such staining will need to spend every week.
- Acrylic surface paints Do not damage the Dermatin structure, have a rich palette, quickly dry and long retain the original appearance.
- Special paints for artificial leather are considered the best option for staining such doors. Have an extensive color palette, available cost and excellent specifications. In addition, such paints can be applied to each other in several layers.
By and large, the covering of the doors Dermatin takes not so much time. This option to update the door canvase more budget compared to installing a new warmed door.
Due to the wide range of destrapore itself and the simplicity of its use, now every person will be able to fiscal, quickly and independently change the appearance of its doors for the better.
About how to properly sew the metal door Dermantine, look in the following video