In the former times to hold the door in the constantly closed position and maintenance of heat used specialized balances or springs. Such structures were often massive and not highlighted by special sophistication. Now to implement this functional purpose, you can put a street frost-resistant door closer. The effect of this adaptation is based on the concepts of pneumatics or hydraulics, which gives the device the opportunity soft and smoothly, without effort and cotton, close the door.
Varieties and principle of operation of mechanisms
The design of this device includes a metal housing, where the reinforced steel spring is located, which is squeezed under the influence of the piston. Spring is placed in a specialized capsule. The capsule is filled with machine oil, which when returning the springs to the starting position is thrown over special channels to the working tank.
Such a technological solution guarantees a soft and smooth closure of the door. Specialized valves placed on the end side of the case, adjustment of the closer. Door fixture is made of rust-resistant materials (silumin), and a gear and high-quality steel piston. The convection mechanism is provided for 500 thousand cycles.
According to the principle of operation, the mechanisms are such.
- Hydraulic. You can easily install and change the speed and power of the closure. Sustainable frozen, they are ideal for wickets and doors with a small passage intensity.
- Pneumatic. Such a device includes piston, spring and hollow inside the chamber. They can be installed on street wickets and entrance doors with a large pass intensity. They can operate at temperatures from -50 ° C, to + 50 ° C.
- Electric. Create conditions for a smooth contactless discovery and closure. To bring the door to move, you only need to click on the button. Implemented with locks, carry the temperatures. The only disadvantage is the need for stable power supply.
By the method of installation of the device are divided into the following.
- Overhead. Put on the frame, sash or loop.
- Outdoor. Installed in the floor, require advance preparation in the form of a special niche in the floor under the mechanism.
- Hidden. Hide in the cavity box or door.
Selection by parameters
Many believe that it is enough to purchase the most expensive either a powerful modification, and everything will be as it should, but it is not quite so. By choosing, it is necessary to pay attention to the main parameters, since they play a crucial role in the work.
- The closer must respond to the weight of the door canvas. Otherwise, the product is elementary not to cope with its own tasks. Usually there are information on how many kilograms they are able to withstand, as a result, the door parameters are first set, and the remaining important components are selected to it.
- For doors installed on the street, exclusively frost-resistant mechanisms are suitable with an additional place for oil with a smallest freezing temperature.
- The more life of the device, the better. But with an increase in the resource rises the price of the product.
- Another important point is the presence of a guarantee that is extremely convenient at the first time of using the closer. It must be recognized right in the store where the mechanism is bought.
Remember! If the device responds to all conditions, the door will be closed freely, quickly and without noise.
Installation of the mechanism with your own hands
To install the closing mechanism, you will need:
- electric drill;
- ordinary soft pencil;
To the closing doors, mechanisms, as a rule, a guide with templates for mounting. In this case, you will need to choose an effort class in accordance with the width and weight of the canvas and navigate with the location of the mechanism – directly on the door of the door or jamb (depending on the direction in which the door opens).
Put the pattern and secure it with a scotch. After that, by Kerner, we carry out the markup of the places under the hole and drill their electrical drill. Following all instructions of the instructions, mount the body of the closing device using self-tapping screws and check the adjustment valve reference.
After fixing the closer mechanism, we proceed to moth lever thrust. It includes 2 halves conjugate. Length of the lever can be adjusted. Due to this, exhibit the opening angle of the door, equal to 90 degrees. If the markup and installation of the closer were conducted in accordance with the mounting pattern, then everything should function without problems from the first time. The design of the lever thrust can be different, but the principles of mounting all the closers are similar.
Adjusting the mechanism
To properly configure the operation of the mechanism, it is necessary to deal with the valves for adjustment, which are in the case and are responsible for the oil flow. The valve at number 1 changes the door opening angle that can be 180 degrees, and the valve at number 2 is the speed of its closing. Dear modifications are also equipped with a third valve. To adjust most mechanisms, namely the change in the power of the spring, the speed and the end of the door closure is the standard of values, which is in the range of 180 ° – 15 °.
Originally regulated door opening angle. For this, the valve is determined by the desired value of 90 or 180 degrees, and then taken for changing the speed of closing the door with the valve 2. After opening the door web to the desired angle, the door is released and, rotating valve 2, achieve the smoothness of the course on the final 7-15 degrees and confident pressing of the door leaf to the box (dochlop). Carrying out adjustment, do not be very zealous, because after turning to a quarter of the valve turnover, the door will start closing, slowly slowing down.
Competent adjustment of the door closer during timely and systematically performed configuration makes it possible to operate the mechanism for a long time. But often the negligent residents of the house put backups on the access door for the removal of things or ventilating. It creates an excess load on the glands and the piston, which contributes to the extrusion of oil from the device. Subsequently, the internal elements fail, and the repair is not capable of returning the mechanism of the initial state suitable. The only way out of the situation becomes the acquisition of a new closer.
In order for the closure mechanism does not lose performance ahead of time, do not increase the door closing speed using hands and do not block the open door leaf through the backup of its heavy objects and the premium of the handle. If open input is required for a long time, disclose lever thrust.
The correct functioning of the closer depends on how qualitatively the doors were installed. Before installing the case, check the door canvas for a splitness, deflection in loops, asymmetry. Position of latches and locks Check during operation. Do not allow children to hang and swing on the doors.
For the free stroke of the closure mechanism at least once a year, make lubrication of nodes connected by plastic lubricant hinges. Perform the mechanism to be adjusted every 6 months if the exposure to direct rays of the sun and atmospheric precipitation is. It is better to ensure the protection of the device still at the installation stage. Thus, with the installation and maintenance of the mechanism is able to cope not even having a master. The door will function in the desired mode, if you adhere to all rules of operation.
How to install the closer on the door, you will learn from the video.