Zamia is Exotic room plant, which is characterized by an unusual appearance and can attract attention. People who want to acquire such an unusual representative of the flora, do not be afraid of his capriciousness and demanding, since these characteristics are not inherent in the flower.
Zamiya refers to representatives of the kind of coagovic and family. This representative of the Flora has been preserved on the planet since the time of dinosaurs. Many types of plants live in warm and wet undergrings of the rainforest in the north and south of America. Other leisure representatives were easily adapted to the conditions of subtropics and are part of garden landscaping. Individuals that are grown as indoor plants, please the flowerflowers of their unpretentiousness and lack of difficulties in growing.
This grade plant variety is pretty similar to a dollar tree, but there is still a difference in them. Difference from Zamiculkas is that Zamia has a direct similarity with conifers, and a dollar tree is a succulent. Also distinguish the plants in the appearance of sheet plates. In Zamokulkas, they are pointed, and the second representative is rounded and have a blade form.
Zamia in a natural medium is a rather high plant, but at home it does not exceed 1.5 meters. The flower refers to evergreen and has a shortened trunk, partially located in the ground. Leaves of this exotic plant look quite effectively, they are fleshy and shiny. Depending on the species, the clamp can have a different form of a sheet plate, as well as its color. The sheet is not only green, but also olive.
Cells can be characterized by smoothness or be completely covered spiny.
Exotic plant relates to dwarm, so He has both female and men’s individuals. Female representatives demonstrate beautiful blossoms of cones. In room conditions, the flower grows quite slowly, as it has a long period of life. On the passage of 12 months on a plant, only one sheet may form, in some cases there are several. Flowers Zamia rare.
In the natural environment, there are more than 50 varieties of zami, not each of the representatives can feel well, growing indoors. Flowers can become owners of the following types of this plant.
- “Dwarf”. This plant is an endemic, it is characterized by small sizes, so such a flower is ideal for small rooms. The location of the trunk is concentrated in the soil. On the earth surface there is a shortened foliage. The length of the underground part is 0.25 meters, so if you wish to grow such a flower, it is worth buying a deep pot. Dwarfice – a drought-resistant representative who grows at high temperatures.
- “Silicon”. Zamia this species is capable of building leaves in an amount from 3 to 5. When the new sheet appears, the old. The stem focuses inside the substrate, it spares nutrients that become necessary at the time of deficit.
- “False Parazite”. The representative of this species has the ability to grow not only in the soil, but also on the trunk of a thick tree. The stem is characterized by a small length, thickening, the presence of long foliage of about 3 meters.
- Florida Zamia – leaf foll sheet, which has the ability to reset the leaves when the air temperature drops to 15 degrees of heat. The root from the representative is quite long, so in case of transplant, you need to prepare a narrow and deep container. Women’s individuals are characterized by the presence of gate. The plant draws attention to its leaves that have a characteristic shine and smoothness.
- “Dulberry” Zamia or “Fourfurate”. This representative of the variety is particularly popular as a decorative plant. The young flower has stalks in the depths of the soil, but on the passage of time the underground part begins to go out. There are scales on the foliage, so the plant and got its name “husky”, “rough” or “scaly”. Flower can produce about 13 sheets that have a kind of green ball.
- “Slavicized” refers to the average grade representatives, the length of its leaves does not exceed 100 centimeters. The trunk is characterized by a biased shape and located above the Earth. On the top of the flower focused 2-4 leaves, which have an oblong shape, so the plant is inherent exotic appearance.
Growing and care
For the failure you need the right care at home. This is a light-loving representative of the flora, so with ease tolerates direct sunlight. But at the same time, the flower water should remember that in hot summer days the flower requires shading. To formed a uniform sheet socket, Flower need to turn several times a day.
This plant is considered a thermo-loving, so for normal life, he needs a high temperature indoor. The optimal indicator is 25-28 degrees above zero. In the winter period of the year, it is under the cool conditions, at a temperature of 17 degrees.
The room in which the flower lives, you need to regularly venture, but at the same time prevent.
To humidity of air of special requirements, the plant does not impose. With a hygienic goal of flower purposes, it is recommended to periodically wipe the foliage with a damp cloth. In the warm period of the year, it requires abundant irrigation, but each subsequent watering must be carried out after soil drying. For this event, it is necessary to use an exceptionally soft, dilated liquid. In autumn, watering is reduced, and in winter, irrigation must be scarce.
The flower reacts negatively to the waters, but also the complete dryness can not allow. Fertilize the ice during the warm period of the year 1 time for 3 weeks. For feeding a flower is worth using a comprehensive fertilizer, which is specifically designed for decorative decidivatives of flora. In the cool and winter time of the year, the plant feeding is not required.
Soil for the cultivation of zami should be a fastened micro- and macroelements. To prepare the substrate yourself, it is worth mixing an equal amount of sheet and turf soil, as well as peat, humid, sand, granite crumb. Exotic flower grows slowly, so it does not require frequent transplants. Enough to transplant Ice 1 time in 3 years, it is worth it in the spring before the start of the actual growth phase. Flowerwood also should not forget about the need for high-quality drainage.
The reproduction of the plant is carried out with cuttings or with seeds. The latter are seeded in a light earthy mixture, while blowing them half. Planting covered with film and goes to the warm room. When sprouts appear, it is worthwhile to pix a separate small container. With the second method of reproduction, the cutlets should be put in water, and after the appearance of the roots, the plant is planted into the substrate.
There are cases when the jam attacks the shield. This pest should be removed manually, after which the washing of foliage using a soap solution. With excessive infection, plants need to be treated with special chemicals.
Flowerwood should know that stagnation of water is the reason why the ignition can be rotated, so it is not worth allowing such a situation.
When growing an exotic representative, the flora flower water may face the following difficulties.
- Fucking the flower and posting the stem. Cause: Abundant irrigation in winter time.
- The appearance of brown dry spots on the leaves. Cause: Insufficient amount of mineral substances or insufficient watering.
- Sharp dropping foliage. Cause: Watering with cold water or irrigation deficiency.
Zamia is a plant with special decorative properties. People who have a desire to decorate their interior with such an exotic plant, should not be afraid of difficulties with its cultivation. This representative of Flora refers to unpretentious and undemanding colors.
About how you can cook a substrate for the damping, look in the video below.