Lovers of indoor plants very often acquire and grow a beautiful flower at home, having a number of shades and up to hundreds of species. In this article we will talk about orchid.
Like a moth yellow orchid called “Faleenopsis” is brought to Russia from Asia in the XVII century. The main feature of this plant is its unpretentiousness in care, as well as a long period of flowering – it can be half a year. Flowers have different shades and are in the speck of or moving from one gamma to another. Adult room orchid rises high to 50 cm, and the smell of flower resembles a honey fragrance. The shape of the leaves from her is similar to the cylinder – this circumstance characterizes phalaenopsis as a plant that does not really need bright lighting.
Selectioners managed to bring different types and varieties of a flower, intended for growth and development in the home environment. The color range is so diverse that sometimes the type of plants amazing imagination. There are white and cream, there are also burgundy and black orchids. The most popular of them is considered to be phalaenopsis yellow color. It can be gentle and pale, as well as bright and rich in contrast.
There are a large number of orchid names with yellow colors. Among them, the most famous are Meraldy Breckenbridge, Yellow Butterflies, Solid Gold and a number of other items. These varieties have a lower petal of a flower happen in white tone with a purple tint. Part of the perianth sometimes has a yellow background with red stains along the edges or marked by.
Orchids with yellow colors differ among themselves sizes of trunk, blur and buds themselves. Bred both large samples and varieties of small plants. Faleenopsis lives and blooms up to 7 years. There are many orchids and their hybrids grown by domestic breeders. Consider the most colorful from the varieties of this amazing plant.
- A leading place for sales in flower shops is occupied by orchid called “Yellow Pearl”. Her flowers make a very pleasant fragrance, and the flowering period is long enough for a term. This is a large-leaf plant, each sheet of which can reach a length of 18-20 centimeters. Orchid releases a long, up to 60-70 cm arrow, on which large flowers of bright yellow colors are concentrated with a pink shade core.
- Phalaenopsis representative with bright yellow-sized yellow flowers “Stewartine”. It is distinguished by peculiarity and unusual form of both the colors themselves and the bloomon in general. On one strain can be up to 50 medium-sized flowers. All of them have a rich shade of yellow color and are complemented by a motley core with red dots on it.
- Midi varieties, “Melodies”, “Mini Mark” belong to the group of finely growing plants. Such orchids together with leaves and flowers grow no more than 20-25 cm. They bloom for a long time, require the most common care.
- A variety of types of orchids increased due to hybrids. One of them is “Multiflora”. Unlike a standard plant, she has a growing color of flowers on the side, in the form of branches. As a result, a lush cap of air and gentle colors is formed. Adult orchid pink, white, peach and saturated yellow shades. Her petals are dense to the touch.
- Thalenopsis mutants include Peloric. This beautiful plant got its name for the shape of a flower, which differs from the standard sample. His horizontal petals merge at the ends and form a triangle shape. As a result, the flowers look completely asymmetrically and unusual. The orchid “Peloric” is not exceptionally yellow, it is diluted with pink or red shades, present on the flower itself in the form of peculiar divorces or points.
Yellow orchids have a different fragrance in saturation. There are views of very nice smelling colors resembling the smell of the valley. These include, for example, Sogo David. Its fragrance becomes saturated in the morning and evening hours. On sale it meets not so often.
Happy buyers will have the opportunity for years to enjoy the view and fragrance of this beautiful plant, if you manage to purchase it.
The flower purchased in the store needs to transplant it in a pot. There are other reasons, to the number of which include: diseases of the plant, a strongly abandoned system of roots or force majeure, when your flower accidentally fell and fell out of the pot.
In each case, except for the latter, it follows this procedure when the flowering period is completed. If you decide to transplant the plant at this time, that is, the probability that it will swell, since for the blooming phalaenopsis such a process will be a real stress. As a general rule of orchid care, they must be transplanted once every three years.
Cut the flower transplant is best in the spring or autumn period. Orchid after the transplantation should be put in a well-lit place to ensure the penetration of sunlight to the root aerial part.
All work on the change of orchid consists of several stages.
- Plant take out of the old pot. Spend washing the roots, freeing them from the old soil.
- Clean roots from dry and rotten parts. Remove all yellowed leaves.
- Flower dried 1-2 hours.
- Conduct landed for a new place (in a pot).
From how correctly you will choose time for work, will depend on the speed of adaptation of your flower in a new place.
Subtleties of care
Disembarking produced in a transparent pot. The substrate is chosen for this flower so that it can stay moisture for a long time – this will allow the root of the flower to breathe. You can also prepare the composition of the house, for this it will be necessary:
- Bark pine;
- charcoal wood and peat sphagnum.
Phalaenopsis adapted for flowering in urban apartments. As for lighting, then Flower can be grown even in artificial light feed.
The most favorable place for the growth and development of orchid will be the windowsill with access not on the sunny side of the dwelling. On a hot summer period, bright sunlights are able to cause burns to the plant, resulting in brown spots on the leaves. When careing phalaenopsis, a number of rules should be taken into account:
- properly watering the flower;
- Watch the appearance and timely remove the tagged flowers and leaves;
- carry out feeding at the right period;
- Replant the plant.
After the orchid flowed, you can pruning, but only if there are no new kidneys on the color. If they appear, then the plant does not need to touch. In the case of the “falling asleep” kidneys, the blurring of the blooming is carried out on them at an altitude of 80 mm or 1 cm, around the kidney itself fix the dressing with moss. After that, the flower is placed on the pallet with sand.
This procedure is performed once or two per week. Watering the plant follows the moisture on the surface of the soil evaporated. Before flowering, in the period of growth, the irrigation of yellow phalanopsis is carried out. Such a process contributes to the active growth of the root system of orchids. Healthy roots of the plant have a green color, and the change in their silver shade indicates moisture deficiency. The situation can be corrected by placing a pot of flower for two hours.
The oversupply of moisture when the roots begin to rotate, expressed in the brown color of the roots. In this case, the plant is not worthwhile for some time, you should only spend it to spray it in very hot weather.
Fertilize phalaenopsis preferably bark of trees and moss. Such feeder is for sale in flower stores. When the plant is actively growing and developing, then it is necessary to make fertilizer with water for watering. Often orchids feed the weak urea solution – it stimulates the growth of the plant. Make the composition by spraying.
Fertilizer with superphosphate or cowpers are carried out in order to form the kidneys of flowers. There are a number of granular compositions having the necessary elements for the supply of plants. Orchid can be filtered and fertilizers intended for citrus plant species. If you do not have proper experience in the use of certain fertilizers, It is best to buy liquid substances in a flower store that are intended exclusively for orchids.
Any feeder of the flower needs to be carried out in the spring and until the middle of the summer. After this period, fealanopsis is not recommended. The growth of the plant ceases to the autumn offensive.
Perform the process of reproduction of orchid at home can be used by sterile tools. There are several ways to stay in Read more.
- When your flower plowed, then the whole blooming need to be cropping what is called root. The arrow (stem) is cut to equal in size of the cuttings in the range of 4 cm each. At the same time they should contain kidney, which sleeps. Then make careful processing of the slice of a cut with activated carbon and all cuttings are placed in a miniature greenhouse containing wet moss. There they are up to the moment of germination. High humidity and temperature up to 28 degrees Celsius is maintained in the greenhouse.
- Yellow phalaenopsis with a large rosette and a large number of leaves spread out the division of the rosette itself on the part. Cut the top of the orchid with some number of leaves and the presence of air roots. Sections are treated with charcoal. Cut cutlets transplanted in a pot separately. The main parent plant after cutting from it the tops also process coal. After a while, his foundation appears on the sides, from which new orchids are subsequently formed. After the “children” are growing up, produce their landing in separate pots containing pine bark and moss sphagnum as a soil.
- After Phalaenopsis plows, you can make a split bloomon. Next, it put in the sun into water with fertilizers. The air temperature should be not lower than 27-28 degrees. After a certain time, the activation of all sleeping kidneys begins, of which the “children” of orchids germinate. They develop until air roots and one or two leafs appear. Then can be separated from new formations from the main flower and transplanting into separate containers.
Diseases and pests
Orchid is pretty strong to disease and pests plant, but unlike other colors, it has a number of diseases affecting both the root system and leaves. Do it have fungal and viral diseases. If the plant has undergone fungal diseases, that is, the chance to cure it completely. When it is affected by viral infections, it is better to destroy such orchid to avoid infection of other indoor plants.
The most common diseases include:
- root and gray rot;
- Spotted leaves, fusarious rot;
- Antraznosis and mildew.
They are treated with such drugs as “Fungicide”, “Fundazoll”, “Topcin”.
Flower also affect pests: bugs, wave, shield, trips, web tick, torment Cherver, nematodes. Preparations are actively fighting with them: “Phytoverm”, “Chlorofos”, “Aktarlik”, “Decaris”, “Levurizals”.
If you take care of orchid, it will delight you with your unique yellow flowers and a pleasant aroma for a long time.
About the care of yellow orchids and features of its transplant.