Previously, wax candles were used to illuminate rooms, but today they are more often used in decorative purposes. They create a romantic and cozy atmosphere, and also well calm the nervous system. Moreover, such lighting will allow you to rest.
Candles were traditionally used to illuminate houses. Moreover, they are still used for various ritual rites. The religious literature contains a large amount of information on how to use wax candles.
With the development of modern technologies, the composition of the candles, as well as their form and design, gradually changed. In addition, depending on the composition changes the melting point of wax, as well as the duration of the burning of the candle.
All vectors have a pleasant smell that can be improved by adding natural oils.
They will create a fabulous atmosphere, emphasize the great taste of the owners of the house and complement even the most modest interior. Moreover, such decorative lighting will be an excellent surprise that will appreciate any connoisseur coziness and heat. An excellent idea will be the use of such lighting when congratulating the birthdays.
Popularity is gaining the manufacture of wax candles as a hobby and a small additional earnings. You can also make a fascinating lesson for making them with your children.
The modern market proposed a wide selection of materials used for the production of candles. In addition to traditional wax, stearin and paraffin are used, which have their advantages compared to classic wax options.
Wax candles – this is usually natural options that produce from different raw materials. The most popular are candles from bee, soy and coconut wax.
Consider the main compositions and their characteristics.
- From bee wax. This is a natural and environmentally friendly product, which is distinguished by a long and bright burning and a pleasant smell. Interestingly, such options smell even in a junction, and if you are sensitive to smells, then notice their lightweight honey fragrance. In addition, such lighting is useful for health.
- From soy and palm wax. These are natural candles that do not distinguish harmful substances during combustion and do not create soot. Such wax is often used as a massage, since it has a low melting point compared to bee. Moreover, in the production of candles, they can easily be supplemented with aromatic oils, which often make manufacturers.
- From coconut wax. Such options are most often manufactured by hand, so they are characterized by a high price. When combustion, coconut products highlight a pleasant coconut fragrance, which makes them an excellent option for aromatherapy. The basis of the production of such candles is taken coconut oil, so they are environmentally friendly.
- From artificial trap. This material is usually produced from paraffin and similar compositions. However, artificial wax during combustion highlights a sufficiently large amount of carbon dioxide, which makes such products dangerous to human health and the environment. Candles themselves have a small size, so they do not carry a large negative impact on a person. But from the regular use of such decorative lighting it is better to refuse to natural analogues.
Advantages and disadvantages
All types of candles have their pros and cons.
Consider the benefits of wax products.
- High melting point and bright burning.
- Wide selection of varieties of wax and its environmental friendliness.
- Pleasant smell, as wax candles can be complemented by various aromatic additives.
- Good health, but this applies exclusively to natural wax.
- Have soothing and pacifying species.
- Wide colors gamma.
- Original design. Today it is easy to choose a candle for every taste. In the modern market, both concise options and non-standard forms with various decorative elements are presented.
- Affordable price. Thanks to mass production, each can purchase an option from wax, only hand-made candles with a unique design are characterized by a high price.
As for the shortcomings, their little and most of them relate to paraffin variants. With their combustion, benzene and tallol, which fall into the human body through the respiratory system. These substances adversely affect the nervous and circulatory systems, destroying them and causing the development of various diseases.
Distinguish natural wax candles from paraffin by smell, because paraffin has a sharp fragrance. Another way is to cut a candle: a natural version will be easy to cut, and paraffin – crumble.
You can try to drive a candle, with such an inspection, the products from the paraffin will break.
Dimensions and forms
Today manufacturers create candles of all kinds of shapes and sizes. Depending on personal preferences and destination, you can easily choose the optimal option.
The largest candle in the world was created specifically for the Muslim holiday in 2005 in Bahrain. Her height is 73 meters, she had about 14 thousand wicks. This candle was listed in the Book of Records Guinis.
Conventional candles are most often produced by a diameter of up to 10 cm, but more large decorative options are found. Candles of the usual dimensions decorate shelves, cabinets, tables and other surfaces. And larger specimens, as a rule, are used as an outdoor decor.
Products differ in height. For decor can use both flat options for small heights and thin or thick high candles.
As for the form, then the choice is diverse. Classic candles have a round, square or conical shape. Such options look stylish and perfectly complement any interior.
But modern produced did not stop at this and created a large number of options for non-standard forms. Today you can find models in the form of silhouettes of people, animals, buildings, dishes and other forms. These are not only things and objects that exist in our world, but also all sorts of abstract figures and fictional plots. Figure candles will be the perfect decoration of interiors in modern styles, as they look bright and original.
New unexpected designer decisions appear every year. Candles have become not only an integral element of decor, but also decoration of interiors of restaurants, halls for photo shoots and various celebrations.
Unusual design can be achieved by using several colors in a candle that form an interesting abstraction. Multicolored options look bright and fun. Often, monophonic candles are decorated with original drawings that are applied directly to them.
Another interesting solution will be the use of wax, which added leaves, grass or flowers. Moreover, when combustion, such drunks will create a pleasant fragrance.
For ecosil, options decorated with burlap. It can be tied up around the candle and secure ribbons, bows, buttons, flowers or small hours.
Candlestick can be decorated with salt, sugar or other materials. Perfectly suitable dryers or small shells.
Directly the candles themselves are often decorated with sequins. They are easy to apply on them at home with a simple glue. Will perfectly look black or white options with bright sequins.
No less often there are candles with various inscriptions that can be made to order. This decision will be an excellent gift.
Decoupage is another decoration method that will help create an option in any style and color.
Natural cinnamon sticks that can be decorated with a candle or candlestick, will create not only the original decoration, but also perform as an aroma of the room.
For coffee lovers, the products decorated with coffee beans will be an excellent option. They can be pouring into a container or sack the candlestick.
You can buy handmade candles from natural citrus. Wax is poured into the peel from lemons, oranges and other fruits, creating a stylish solution for bright kitchen.
Candles with incense, as a rule, have a discreet design. They differ in different diameters and height.
For wax candles, a long burning process is characterized, as a result of which carbon dioxide is distinguished in minor volumes. Therefore, wax options are safe for human health and the environment. However, depending on the material selected, the melting point of the wax and the composition of the components allocated in the air.
Besides, All options are brightly lit compared to paraffin candles and products from artificial stearin. After the candles are completely roasted, they come into disrepair and lose their appeal.
It is important to remember that all wax products can not be left in the sun, as they can melt and lose their attractive species.
How to use?
All wax candles have the same way to use. Fitil set fire to lighter or matches, which burns, slow melting wax.
To use the candles to be most secure, you should stick to simple rules:
- You can not install candles on uneven and stagging surfaces;
- It is impossible to leave open fire near the curtains, curtains and other flammable things;
- It is impossible to leave the fire without supervision and allow children to play with him;
- Do not bear the flame in windy weather to the street or terrace, but if you still did it, you need to carefully follow her.
Following these simple recommendations, you will be able to protect yourself and your family from the risk of fire or burn.
- Create a unique walkway at a wedding or other celebration will help wax versions in high flasks, decorated with snow-white rose petals.
- To create a romantic atmosphere on the terrace, options for different sizes and diameters are perfect.
- The stylish and original addition of the interior will be natural candles in unusual candlesticks with pebbles and flowers.
- The use of a large number of wax candles will create a unique design of the passing room in a restaurant or hotel.
- Wax lighting will decorate any fireplace.
For stylish white interior, natural candles of different diameters are perfectly suitable, installed in stylish high candlesticks.
- Using a vase, candlesticks and wax candles will be able to create a gentle decoration of the table in the living room.
- With the help of such unique products you can diversify your interior.
How to make a wax candle with your own hands, look in the following video.