Orchid is one of the most tender and beautiful colors, so its popularity has acquired an unprecedented scope. There are many species of this exotic plant that came to us from the tropics. Many colonel collections decorate tiger orchid. Description of this species, as well as landing and care nuances and you can find in the article.
Appearing in South America, the orchid quickly stepped over its limits, its breeding became affordable in different countries. A large number of varieties allows you to choose any flowers. One tiger orchid has more than three hundred subspecies. Flowers of this group can have any color, but the characteristic feature of each subspecies is the presence of a pattern.
It is the tiger orchids that are considered one of the most beautiful. Leaves in such plants are long, from the inside there are brown splashes. Tiger orchid can be purple, white, yellow, red, but with any color, the characteristic feature will be an addition in the form of specks or stripes. On a yellow background there can be red specks, on a lilac – purple, on white – pink. Inclosures can have the most different outlines: large circles, small dots, thin lines, wide strips. Each flower, regardless of the pattern, looks very beautiful.
With proper care and good climatic conditions, orchid blooms three times a year. Every time during the month she pleases with her graceful colors. It is worth noting that bloom only in adult plants.
The fact that the plant is an adult, says the number of shoots – there must be at least five. For the first time, Tiger orchid blooms aged one and a half to three years.
Landing and care
Flower breeding, which decided to decorate his dwelling by orchids, should understand that this is a very gentle plant that requires compliance with special rules of care.
- Orchid loves the sun, so it needs to be placed on the south side. The sun rays have a beneficial effect on the flowering and beauty of appearing buds.
- Providing sufficient watering, you should not too much. Two times a week quite enough for summer months, watering should be cut to once in Week.
- Also the flower is needed humidity, so Summer regular spraying will benefit him, but in the winter orchid does not need them.
- Orchid will be more comfortable in a plastic transparent pot, for roots such conditions are most favorable. They need sun rays so that the plant develops correctly.
- Preferred Temperature during the daytime – from 22 to 25 degrees, in the night – from 18 to 20 degrees. To create a cooler atmosphere at night, you can ventilate the room or turn on air conditioning. In this case, a strong increase or a decrease in temperature can be destructive to affect the flower. The thirty-degree heat is contraindicated with a plant, like cold air (at 15 degrees of heat and below).
- Especially Carefully need to approach the choice of soil. There are two options – purchase a special substrate in the store or cook it yourself, collected all components. For this you need moss, pine bark, fern roots, peat, sand, walnut shell, charcoal. This composition will be ideal for the cultivation of orchids. Moss and Coura pine can be collected in springtime. Both are easy to find at the foot of the trees. Normal nutrient soil in no way will fit. It is too heavy for orchid. Oxygen will not penetrate enough to roots, so the death of the plant is inevitable.
- When everything is ready, you can plant a sprout using a properly selected pot and soil. For this need drainage holes, put a layer of drainage in the form of small pebbles, then pour a little land, carefully place the roots, pour the soil from above, and then pour.
- To extend flowering, you need to fertilize orchid by potash and phosphor, but do it need it in time. For example, a transplanted orchid for a whole month cannot be touched. No fertilizer will benefit her. In addition, if the plant is weakened by the disease or pests covered, you first need to cope with the problem. At this time, feeding also for nothing. The peak of active flowering is also not intended for manipulations with feeding. At another time, the plant needs to fertilize. At the same time, it should be very good to pour it well, and only then make useful elements.
- Another feature of orchid – she does not like movements in space. therefore Do not need to change its location without needing and just move, For example, during cleaning. If you still had to move the pot, then you need to return it to the previous place so that the plant is turned to the Sun to the same side as before.
- If you do not pay the orchids of proper attention and not to comply with the right conditions of its content, the emergence of diseases and pests is not excluded, due to which the plant may threaten death. Pests that are most often threatened by orchid – shields. Their appearance usually occurs due to excessive dry air. In order to get rid of them, you need to buy special chemicals that are sold in Garden Stores. You can handle the leaves with a soap solution with alkali, if the lesions are not too strong. TLL is also dangerous. It contributes to the reproduction of fungi. There are also special drugs for such cases. At home, you can spray the flower with water with milk mixed in equal proportions.
Transplant and reproduction
Tiger orchid, like other plants, periodically needs a transplant. The flower grows, in the former container it becomes closely. With this procedure you need to act very neat. If something goes wrong, a capricious orchid may not fit in a new pot. Therefore, it is necessary to comply with all the rules.
By the time the orchid transplant should be filled. The new plastic transparent pot must be greater than the previous. First, the plant is very good. So it will be more convenient to extract from pot. Then the whole land is removed from the roots, washed them in warm water and leave for half an hour to dry. After that carefully inspect the roots.
If there are fallen processes, they are neatly knocked off with scissors.
Sections of sections are treated with activated coal powder. The roots neatly placed in the container, gradually pour cooked ground from all necessary components (moss, bark, ferner roots, charcoal, sand, peat, walnuts shell). Then the flower is strengthened in a pot and wipe well.
If orchid is contained in wet and warm conditions, it often produces so-called babies. They appear on the stem. Need to wait when they have roots.
Then they can be separated and put in separate pots, having prepared the right substrate, as in transplantation.
Another breeding way is to trim the stem after flowering. Sections need to be treated with coal. Then the cuttings should be placed in moss, and top to cover with glass or transparent film, so that quite high temperature and wet wednesday are respected. Periodically glass need to be opened, and moss moisturize. When the roots appear, you can land cuttings in pots.
Another way to apply to adult plants transplantation. Orchid carefully remove from the pot after pre-watering. Then washed it, dried roots. You can neatly divide the bush into two or three parts, depending on its size, the number of roots and leaves. Then the obtained plants are transplanted into the prepared containers and fall asleep with the substrate.
On the correct care of orchids is told in the following video.