Fireplace, decorated with tiles, can stylishly look in various types of interior. Tiles are small ceramic tiles with interesting relief or painting. They can contain traditional ornaments, fabulous and mythological plots, and you can also find modern versions of tiles with abstract drawings. These casting interior details will surely attract attention, so you should choose them thoughtfully.
Features of registration
Decor with furnaces is considered traditional in Russian culture, but in modern homes, he can look quite exotic. At the same time, it is not necessary to furnish the entire room in the style of Russian huts – now in fashion, a combination of various directions, so the fireplace decorated with tiles quite organically can look even together with more modern elements of the decor.
If you decide to put the fireplace in your own hands, you should pay attention to multiple nuances of this decor. How well will look in the interior of the tiles, depends on the size and planning of the room, as well as finishing and furniture. One way or another, you can always choose a good option that stylishly fit into the room atmosphere.
Tiles are catchy decorations that imply an abundance of small parts In the form of painting or embossed image. For this reason, such design is predominantly suitable for spacious premises.
If you have a small living room with a fireplace, it is worth refraining from this bright decor, minor parts make the room visually less and overload space.
Decorated with multi-colored tiles, the fireplace will become the semantic center of your room. This means that other bright elements in the room atmosphere that could compete with the decorated fireplace, select with great caution. Traditionally, one semantic center is made in the room, and the rest of the furniture is located around it and does not attach attention. Exception can be spacious living rooms, separated visually or physically into several zones. In each of them you can place one throw the subject that will become a semantic center.
If the fireplace, fully lined with tiles and resembling a real oven, it seems to you too exotic solution, you can slightly diversify decorative bright tiles of the hearth with a traditional design. It is not necessary to lay out the fireplace tile throughout the area, you can simply decorate it in the center or from the sides of several tiles. Also, tiles can stylishly look around the fireplace on the wall, forming a kind of frame.
Color and relief
For modern interiors, it is customary to choose monophonic embossed tiles that can be dark, light or bright depending on the specific features of your design. At the same time, the focus is on the relief, but it must be quite minimalistic. Similar to the modern interpretation of the decor of the Russian oven will be able to become a highlight of your home.
Bright and motley painted tiles are customary to use in country style or in an eclectic interior. At the same time, it is possible to lay out the tiles of different colors patterns on the fireplace surface, which will make the focus on specific unusual tiles. The brightest models you want to highlight, can be placed on a bright or dark background.
It is not recommended to use more than three leading colors in the design, otherwise the design can look vulgar.
Tips for choosing
In modern building stores, you can find tiles for every taste and budget. Traditionally, they were made by hand, and the painting of each tile was unique. It is a very refined decor, so you need to choose tiles with all the little things. Since the tiles attract much attention to themselves, it is very important that the surface has the right relief and was qualitatively painted and painted.
The design of concrete tiles also plays a big role. Consider the following Possible options for painting and relief on decorative tiles, which can organically fit into the interior of your home:
- Special popularity is now enjoyed Russian decorative tiles with a variety of floral ornaments. Most often they have a bright background bright painting, complemented with relief. In a simple interior, such options can look old-fashioned, but if you create an eclectic situation and supplement the fireplace with modern elements of furniture laid out with such tiles, the design can work out very interesting.
- Dutch tiles They are based on white enamel and translucent blue painting. These are smooth tiles without relief, which depict integer picturesque paintings. Most often, rural landscapes, cities, ships, scenes with mills, horse riders and fishermen serve plots of such paint tiles. Such tips create a unique atmosphere in the house and exquisitely complement even a simple concise interior of the house. Occasionally in Dutch tiles you can find yellow and terracotta ornaments – several such tiles will be able to successfully lend refined white-blue tiles.
- Italian Maitolika Differs in a variety of colors and sophisticated ornaments. Usually, Italian tiles have a light relief and emitted by vegetable patterns. Traditional color gamut is considered green, brown, yellow and blue. Unlike Russian tiles with floral prints, more muted colors are used in Italian tradition, so the pattern is not too highlighted. In addition to flower and vegetable elements, characterized images of fruits, birds and portraits of people in profile.
- Persian tiles They differ in particularly thin and exquisite painting, and the color range is to the dark palette: you can meet dark blue, burgundy, brown and dark green tiles with lighter patterns dedicated to the relief. Eastern abstract patterns that resemble modified plant ornaments are most characteristic of such tiles. From afar, the Persian traditional tiles look almost monolithically, and upon closer examination, it is possible to estimate the complexity and elegance of the finest painting. In addition to the ornaments, the images of equestrian riders, branches of trees abounding fruit, as well as mythical beings.
- For English decorative tiles The restraint of the color palette is characteristic. Very often, such options remain in a natural terracotta color – the relief clay tile is simply covered with varnish. Sometimes there is also a combination of white, blue and brown color palette. Such tours can be stylishly fit into classic interiors, as well as in fashionable now the style of modern.
- For artistic culture of the Far East Tiles were not characteristic, but now you can meet in stores in stores with imitation of Japanese painting. It can be gold carps, birds and branches of flowering trees, depicted by a limited set of colors on a smooth beige tile. If you want to enter oriental elements in your interior, such models can definitely look very interesting.
- Modern tiles For fashionable interiors, it is often made by monophonic or two-color, and relief is to minimalistic forms. Such ceramics will not dissignant even with a laconic design in the style of Hi-Tech. Sometimes ornaments are borrowed from traditional artistic culture, and sometimes they are completely abstract and look very modern. If you are afraid that classic tiles will not harmoniously look at your home, such options may probably come.
In modern construction stores, ties with a wide variety of design can be purchased with whole sets or individually. It is also worth considering various online stores, since often the range in them is much wider, and the pricing policy is pleasantly surprising.
Suggestive to you may make to order, pose exactly the design that you need.
Interesting solutions in the interior
Despite the fact that for a long time, decorative tiles were considered an attribute of exclusively traditional style, modern tiles in all their diversity are suitable for various types and styles of the interior.
There are the following options:
- Bright decorative tiles can be perfectly fitted into the country style – similar ceramic elements will be excellent with dark and light wood. At the same time, you can create an atmosphere of this Russian hut, if you select carved furniture and supplement the interior with stylish ceramic accessories – vases, teapots or dishes.
- Even in the classic interior, ties can look stylish, but it is advantageous to select bright and monophonic options. Tiles with complex images can also be approached, but there must be only a few that they stand out on a general background and did not look over the Pestro.
- For colonial style can be seated with oriental painting. Dark tiles always look quite restrained and exquisitely, and the sophisticated pattern will become an interior highlight. In the romantic atmosphere of the colonial style space, elegant tiles with suitevite patterns and images of mythical beings will be perfectly fit.
- In the eclectic style you can combine modern decor elements with traditional tiles. At the same time, that the design really looked fresh and interesting, not only contrasts between different elements are important, but also combining their signs. For example, the color range of tiles and decorations can coincide, or you can repeat the ornaments of the tiles on the floor tiles.
Most often, fireplaces are installed in country houses – there they look most appropriate. With decorative tiles in a private house you can create a unique atmosphere of heat and comfort, as well as visually allocate the hearth in the interior. Since private houses are usually significantly more spacious than the average city apartments, the interior in them by definition is more eclectic. In addition, it is in a private house that you want to feel proximity to nature, use natural materials in decoration and borrow traditional motifs in design.
Often it is for private houses that choose the most vivid and unusual tiles, which attract attention and become the main emphasis in the interior.
Sometimes tiles in a country house not only completely lay out the fireplace, but also use them for the design of worktops, windowsills, as well as for decoration of floor tiles. If all of the tips are made in one style, this design will not look overloaded in a spacious room. At the same time, minimalistic options using multiple tiles may also look stylish.
For an electric fireplace in the apartment, the tiles will also be suitable, even if it has a modern design in the style of Hi-tech. The main thing is to choose the right color range and do not overload design items too. Tiens with concise decoration often interestingly look even in combination with metal, glass and brickwork, characteristic of modern electric fireplaces.
On how to choose tiles for the fireplace, see the following video.