Probably there is no such person who would not admire violets. The palette of existing shades of these spectacular colors amazes its diversity. So every flower dreamed of getting as many varieties as possible to enjoy this beauty at home.
The word violet in this case is not quite correct. For simplicity and convenience, they were replaced by the scientific name of SENPOLIA. However, no matter how naming this flower, he still remains beautiful and gentle. The terry violets appearance are a little resemble the bows of first grades – the same multicolored and wavy. To date, approximately 30 thousand varieties of this beautiful culture have been derived experienced specialists.
SENPOLIA is considered perennial plants that have a very poorly developed root system. Depending on the variety, they can be shortened or well-developed, elongated leaves.
In the latter case, you can see hanging out a rosette.
The leaves of terry sensipolium most often have an ellipse form. Sometimes they have some pointed tips or even the shape of a heart. In addition, they are both corrugated and flat. Color is usually green, but there are such varieties where parts are found on the sheets with different inclusions.
Plant flowers consist of six or more petals that make them a little similar to peonies or small roses. Diameter is usually from 2 to 9 centimeters. Together they form whole brush inflorescences.
Color color is diverse. This is a whole palette of shades from gently white to dark purple. Flower can consist of two or three rows. The surface of the petals of violets is often covered with a gentle fluff, which makes her matte. Such sensipolia is called velvet. There are flowers, petals that glue through the light. The edges of petals or wavy or corrugated.
Seeds in such plants are in a box, which has an egg or a circle shape. When it matures, can collapse from moisture.
Terry violets are divided into several subspecies, each of which has its own special characteristics. This is white, and purple, and burgundy, and pink, and blue flowers. Consider your favorite grades in more detail.
The most popular is the violet with the name “Av-Terry Petunia”. Its distinctive feature are large flowers having a dark raspberry shade. Corrugated petals. On the edges, a wide white border is usually located. However, with too hot temperatures, the kaim is small. Such a violet forms many buds, which for a long time plenty. Plant leaves Middle, little gear.
In violets of this subspecies, the wint has 5 petals of incredible beauty located in several rows. This species include two popular varieties of violets.
- Lyon`s Pirate`s Treasure. This plant brought out a foreign breeder of Sodano. It is distinguished by bright colors with wide raspberry or purple cut. Wavy flower edges. Leaves of the plant have an unusual, slightly bubble form.
- Melodie Kimi. This original variety was also led by a foreign specialist. The plant is characterized by a symmetric outlet, as well as beautiful leaves that resemble a wave. The flower is almost all white, with the exception of two petals of the blue shade, which are from above.
Plants of this species most often large-flowered. Petals have almost the same size. It is worth considering the most common varieties of this group.
- “The beauty queen”. A variety is derived by the domestic breeder of Korshunov. Inflorescences of this violet consist of terry colors of pink shades, very reminiscent stars. Often petals have lilac inclusions. Leaves of this sensipolia are distinguished by a beautiful neat shape, have a very dark green color.
- “Austines Smile”. This variety has beautiful pink colors. Edges framed by bright raspberry border. Foliage has a dark green color.
Such violets have an easily recognizable distinctive feature – struggling at the very foundation of the petal. It does not allow the colors to fully open, so they remain like a bell.
- “Admiral”. This grade SENPOLIA also brought the KORSHUNS. Sleeper blue flowers, a little resembling bells, differ in wavy edges. Leaves have a slightly pointed form, have a gentle bright border.
- Rob` s dandy lion. This type was withdrawn by foreign specialists. Inflorescences in such plants most often large, in shape resemble bells. However, the flowers differ in gentle cream color, which is why the association with snowdrops is created.
Flowers of this type are never disclosed in full force, their form almost always remains unchanged. Among them it is worth highlighting two varieties of violets.
- “Boo Man”. This variety is also removed by foreign breeder. Its distinctive feature are terry flowers resembling their shape a bowl. They have a gentle blue shade. The upper part of the petals is painted in white, sometimes it has a greenish tint. The leaves of the plant bright green, have an oblong form.
- “Ming Dynasty”. This plant also resembles a bowl. Flowers are both lilac and pink shade, sometimes combined with white. The petals are wavy, due to which the flowers look especially lush. Leaves also differ in light wave.
Flowers of this species well disclosed. However, two petals are usually minimized in the form of tubes, and the other three “look” down. Because of this, the flower is a bit reminded by the wasp, which sat down to relax on the plant.
- “Lunar Lily White”. This violet is distinguished by white numerous inflorescences. Plant leaves also have light color.
- “Zemfira”. Flowers of this variety have a lilac color and a wide corrugated cut.
- “Satellite”. These are red or red-purple colors with light leaves.
All terry sensipolia can be divided into one-color and multicolor. Monochrome are characterized by the presence of colors painted only in one tone. The most popular among them are two varieties.
- Blue Tail Fly. This is a grade from foreign breeders. The plant has blue colors-wasps, as well as the leaves covered with a pile.
- “Gilian”. The violets of this variety are distinguished by rather large white lush flowers, which are a little resemble a carnation. Green leaves can reach 38 centimeters.
Multicolor violets can combine two or more shades in themselves. Two varieties are considered the most beautiful.
- “Robs Penny Ante”. This violet has spectacular white flowers with a blue center, slightly resembling bells.
- Pink Senseishen. Terry violet, called “Pink Sensation”, also has a white color. At the same time, in the heart of each petal there are pink splashes. Such colors in aggregate with a wavy form of petals makes a plant especially gentle and “air”.
Conditions of detention
To raise such a beautiful plant on her windowsill, you need to create proper conditions for it. Be sure to comply with the temperature regime. For violet optimal, the temperature is about 15 degrees in winter and up to 26 degrees in the summer. In addition, it is impossible to allow sharp temperature differences. Otherwise, the plant can suspend growth or even perish.
An important role also plays lighting. Lights should be a lot, however, you need to protect flowers from direct rays.
So that violets bloom all year round may need additional (artificial) lighting.
SENPOLIA requires attentive and trepidation. This is the right watering, and transplantation, and protection against diseases and pests.
This process is carried out differently depending on the time of year. For example, in the summer, when the heat is standing, or in winter, when the batteries are well heated, the earth dries up much faster. But in spring or autumn, when heating does not work, it is not necessary to water so often. Do it necessary as the soil drying. He must dry by one third. Water should be room temperature, be sure to be soft. Also need to ensure that it does not get on the leaves and petals.
Many produce watering from the pallet. The plant is immersed in a container with warm water for several minutes. Then unnecessary fluid necessarily need to drag so that it is not stored.
For violets, wide and not too high pots are best suited. In this case, the container must correspond to the size of the planted plant. If the seedling is very young, then a small pot is selected for him, the diameter of which should not exceed 8 centimeters. A little later, the violet should be transferred to the capacity of greater values (up to 10 centimeters in a circle). Very small violets can be grown in pots of up to 5 centimeters.
If the container is wrong, then the plant will rejoice. As a result, either harmful insects or fungal diseases may appear. As for the soil, you can buy a ready-made composition in a specialized store. You can also prepare it yourself. To do this, take ordinary land, coniferous land, a little sand and a little vermiculite.
Summing up, we can say that all terry violets are beautiful in their own way. Any of the described plants can decorate the windowsill of your home.
The main thing is to organize suitable conditions for the flower and the correct care.
Pialyok Transplant Secrets See in the video below.