Spathifulum “Chopin” (the second name of this plant – “Chopin”) is a decorative plant capable of growing and developing at home. The spathifylum of this species has a rather attractive appearance, so it is popular among lovers of home plants, housewives and emulsioners.
What are the characteristic features of this plant? What conditions need to be created for its cultivation? How to care for “Chopin”? How to transplant and multiply flower? Our article will answer this questions in detail.
Spathifulum “Chopin” (or “Chopin”) was brought to Russia from Colombia about 200 years ago and quickly became popular among our compatriots. If you also attract this plant, and you think about the acquisition and growing a similar flower at home, then First of all, you need to study his botanical description.
Traditionally, the height of the plant reaches 30-40 centimeters, which is a rather standard indicator for plants like this type. Chopin leaves are rather long (up to 24 centimeters in length), they have pointed edges, glitter and saturated green color. Leaf cutters are susceptible to frequent bends, so leaves can be bowed down.
Plant flowers painted in white (less often – cream) color and reach 5 centimeters. As the seeds are ripening, the inflorescences are saturated with green. The flowering period lasts a few months during the spring – autumn. The first bloom usually occurs 6 months after the spathiflum landing.
The owners of this plant also celebrate an unusual fragrance emanating from the plant, which is a bonus to the outer beauty “Chopina”.
A distinctive feature of a home decorative plant is the fact that it has completely absent stalk.
Conditions for growing
After you got acquainted with the botanical nature of the plant, it is necessary to study the secrets of its cultivation. So, in the first place it should be noted that the flower of this species is different from its fellows unpretentiousness and simplicity in the process of care and cultivation.
In order to “Chopin” actively and correctly grow and developed, he needs to ensure the most comfortable conditions.
- One of the most important factors – lighting. Spathifylum “Chopin” – a light-loving plant, so an insufficient amount of sunlight or half-day is capable of negatively affecting the appearance, but also on the inner state of the flower. Experts recommend putting a pot with a plant on the windowsill, and in the conditions of an insufficient amount of natural lighting, it is necessary to provide artificial illumination.
- Optimal temperature mode ranges ranging from +18 to +25 degrees Celsius.
- In order for the plant actively bloom, it is necessary to provide sufficient level of humidity. “Chopin” does not tolerate unnecessary dry air.
- The soil, In which the flower grows, should have a sufficient degree of loosenness, as well as to have in its composition the necessary nutrients and vitamins. Botany also advise to avoid heavy land, giving preference to easy soil. At its discretion, you can purchase ready-made soil compositions (however, carefully ensure that they contain at least ¼ part of the peat) or make them yourself, mixing peat, squeezing and deciduous land, as well as sand (in proportions 1: 1: eleven).
At home for the spathifylum of this kind to care is quite simple. Let’s figure out in each process.
First of all, it is necessary to pay special attention to planting plants. So, for him you need to choose a suitable pot on the dimensions, the bottom of which must be filled with a dense layer of clay. Followed by it need to be placed in the tank bought or Prepared primer (However, it should be poured only half a pot). Then, we put a plant, the root system of which with caution distribute on the soil.
It is important to remember that Flower do not need to deepen into the ground alone. After that, you need to shine in the pot of the remaining amount of the earth and a little tamping it.
At the end of the landing, the plant should be poured with water, and then – wipe the leaves from the nanile dust and dirt.
Now that the plant is planted, the most important condition for its growth and development is to obtain a sufficient amount of water. Immediately it is worth noting that the watering procedure will differ significantly in the warm and cold season. So, in the spring and summer “Chopin” stands to water Several times a week, and in the fall and winter is enough 1 irrigation for the same time. Watch carefully and for water quality – it should be quite clean.
In case of non-compliance with the rules of watering, there is a wide range of negative consequences: from the manifestation of various diseases to drying or rotting.
Spathifulum “Chopin”, besides other leaving events, also needs periodic feeding and making fertilizer into its soil. This process also depends on the time of year. So, in winter it is possible not to carry out the procedure of feeding, and in the summer and spring season, feeding is obligatory. Specialists are recommended make fertilizer 2 times a month (every 2 weeks).
As nutritious compounds, you can choose comprehensive means saturated with phosphorus and potassium.
To improve, accelerate and enhance the flowering processes, nerds advise to pruning buds that have already been blowing.
Transfer – Important procedure for this flower. According to the rules, it must be carried out 1 time per year at least. It is advisable to transplant in the warm season, namely in the spring. Especially close attention in the transference process must be given to the root system. The fact is that it is a rather fragile part of the plant and even with a minimum impaired its integrity, the whole flower may die.
This is especially true of young shoots. In this case, it is advised to transplant “Chopin” together with an earthen room – this significantly reduces the risk of making any damage.
IMPORTANT: The regularity of the transplant varies for young and mature plants. So, “Chopin”, which has not yet reached the age of 4, needs an annual transplant, and more mature flower can be transplanted 1 time in 2-3 years.
Generally speaking, there are 2 possible methods of reproduction of Spathiflum “Chopin”: seeds and cuttings. Consider more each of them.
If you decide to use a seed method, then it is necessary to keep in mind that it is the most difficult. Usually it is not used. In general, the sequence of actions in the process of breeding seeds is.
- First you need to prepare a transplant capacity – a flower pot.
- Potted land. As mentioned earlier, the ground mixture can be purchased or made with your own hands at home.
- After that, it is necessary to proceed to layout of seeds on the surface of the soil.
- On top of the seeds need to be filled with a small amount of the same soil, and then – moisturize soil. To simplify this procedure, as well as to control the amount of liquid used for convenience, you can use a spray gun – thus, the liquid will be distributed quite uniformly.
- When the preparatory stage is over, the pot needs to be covered with a film (you can use the usual food).
- Every day, the film must be opened for a few minutes – such actions you will prevent the occurrence of undesirable condensate.
- Within 2 weeks from the date of reproduction of the plant on the soil surface, the first searches should appear. After it happened, you can remove the film with a pot.
- Now it remains only to wait. At that moment, on each shoot, leaves will begin to form, they can be launched. However, wait for at least 2-3 young leaves.
Thus, you were able to make sure that the process of breeding “Chopin” seeds is quite time consuming and requires much attention, so it is not too popular.
The breeding method is simpler and distributed, almost all flower products are used;. Consider a Read more Sequence of Action.
- When a mature flower reaches a certain age in a warm season (usually it occurs in the spring), its base is formed so-called kids. They must be carefully separated from the main plant.
- After that, the resulting roots must be placed in the sand or perlite (they must be wet) and wait for the moment of rooting.
- While the cuttings are rooted, they must be covered with a film (in the same way as in the previous case). However, do not forget to periodically remove the film and ventilate the plant.
- After the cuttings were rooted, and you were convinced of the root system, each cutlets can be transferred to the prepared soil.
More information about Spathifylloum “Chopin” is waiting for you in the video below.