Balsamines are quite popular with flower water. Novogwinean appeared relatively recently, but managed to conquer the hearts of indoor plants. Despite such an exotic name, he feels great in our latitudes. Pots with a plant can be put on the windowsill or balconies and open terraces. In addition, balsamines can be divorced in the garden. With moderately warm climate, the flower is planted on urban flower beds.
More recently, these hybrid varieties of balsamines were considered too capricious and suitable for growing only in the warm climate. Now the status of Novoguinsky balsamines has changed due to their ability to bloom almost all year round. At home, this gentle and beautiful plant blooms for 10 months, which, undoubtedly, very much like its owners.
Novogvinsky hybrids hit a massive sale in 1972. They received them thanks to the crossing of the Indonesian Hoker variety with other varieties. Initially flower grown in hot countries. It was brought from subtropics and tropics of Africa, Asia and America.
Balzine is a plant that has a bush shape with a lot of smooth stems. The root system of the indoor flower is strong, so in a comfortable environment it grows well. The leaves reach a maximum length of 13 cm and can have a different color: from dark green to burgundy. The oval or lanceal shape leaf itself is bordered by the edges.
Flowers appear from the fasteners of the leaves. They are usually painted in pink or red, have a pleasant terry surface, they have dimensions 5-7 cm. There are also varieties of the shades of apricot, salmon, fuchsia. Depending on the variety, they are monochrome or two-color with patterns. When the flowering period ends, seed boxes appear on the site of buds, which burst from the slightest touch and spread the seeds around them. Among the varieties of the species of Guinean Balsamine are highlighted (up to 20 cm high) and high (from 50 cm to 1 meter).
According to experts, the best varieties of Novoguinsky Balsamin are “Makarena”, “Java”, “Harmony”, “Mini Gini”, “Divaro”. There are other varieties that are in demand and each of them has their own devotees. Buy flower in the spring or autumn season.
Let us give a brief description of some varieties.
- “Divo” – bush with a dense crown and compact flowers.
- “Makarena” – Grade in red color scheme, has orange flowers and bronze leaves.
- “Rainforest Exotic” – coloring flowers varies – it can be a monophonic and two-color, shades bright. Foliage is always dark green.
- “Divine Mix” – Compact series with large multicolored flowers saturated shades. Plant leaves can be green or with a bronze sweat.
- Jangle Rain – His flowers of the ground shades look especially gentle on the background of dark green shiny leaves.
- “Harmony” – The color of the leaves varies from red to the golden, the bush is distinguished by a good density and a very compact look. Flowers are also dense and neat.
- “Java” – Sheets of this grade green or with a bronze sweat, colors of saturated shades of pink, orange and red.
- “Mini Gini” – Differs with small flowers that grow in large quantities.
- “SPREADING WHITE” – White flowers decorate branches with motley leaves.
For this plant as it is impossible to suit light and loose soil. If you want to provide a flower with the most comfortable conditions, then pay attention to the acidity of the soil – ideally, its pH varies in the interval from 5.8 to 6.2. Universal substrates for flowers with clay crumbs or vermiculite are suitable. Prepare good soil for this plant with your own hands as a whole is easy, for this you need to mix humid, sand and leafy ground.
And also be sure to put on the bottom of the drainage layer, which will provide the Earth normal humidity.
The flower transplant is better in the summer or spring, and also you need to do two weeks after shopping in the store. Usually it happens before flowering. The need for a vase more usually appears every 2-3 years of the flower development. That the plant has become closely, testifies the germination of roots in drainage. As a “new house”, as a rule, a pot is used, which is more than the previous one by 5 cm. At the same time, the drainage mixture takes a quarter pot.
Removing flower from the previous place, Moisten the Earth. Inspect the plant and, if necessary, cut the damaged areas, sprinkling the location of the cutting of the activated coal. You don’t need to shake the whole earth, just carefully transfer the flower into a new pot so that the root neck is visible, and add the missing land there. Balzine needs to pour well – the least stress he will experience if you use the well-tempered water temperature water.
Now he needs to stand in a dark place to root and adapt.
Special abilities for the care of balsamines of Novoguinsky varieties is not required. This is a stable temperature regime, normal humidity and light.
Consider in more detail how to care for this flower.
- Temperature. Heat for this exotic flower ordinary phenomenon, so it feels great at a temperature of about 25 degrees. The minimum threshold for the comfortable life of the flower is the mark of 22 degrees. A critical mark at which the plant is dying, called 12 degrees above zero. If you hold the flower on the balcony, then you can leave it there on the night only in the case of a temperature drop of no more than 5 degrees.
- Lighting. The best habitat of the flower will be the windowsill window, looking to the East or West, as with all the love of Balsamina to heat and light, the straight sun rays can adversely affect its appearance. The most caring flowers are watching the plant to have long lighting mode – they use artificial light sources all year round, providing their pets longitude of the daylight within 15 hours. This positively affects the health status of the plant and its appearance.
- Watering. The plant strongly suffers from lack of water and slowly goes on an amendment after the normal watering mode is restored. “Pour it often, but not too abundantly to avoid water stagnation – it can spoil his root system. Winter watering does not differ from summer, as it does not go into a hibernation, but continues to bloom. If hard water with a high lime content come from the crane in your region, it will negatively affect the acidity of the soil. It is best to use splashing or filtered water.
- Humidity. This indicator must be at about 50%. With overly dry air, Balzamine flowers are withering, and the leaves fall out. To avoid problems, the plant is sprayed with water, avoiding the fields of colors and buds. In the heat next to him, you can put a jar with water, which will evaporate, saturating the air moisture.
- Fertilizer. Comfortable regimen of fertilizer is considered to be subcutter 1 time in two weeks or a little less. Balzine loves feeding, for this, compositions for flowering plants with the addition of potassium and phosphorus. Keep in mind that during the launch of the buds and the appearance of flowers, nitrogenous feeds are contraindicated. In the autumn-winter period, the plant does not need fertilizers, but if it continues to bloom, you can make a weak solution of feeding. It is done after irrigated, so as not to burn roots with active substances in its composition.
- Trimming. Novoguinsky balsamines are hybrid varieties, breeders have already taken care of the flower to have a beautiful form, so it practically does not need a bush formation. If you cut large branches, then ugly hemps will remain, spoiling a general view of a flower. You can only do this with young branches. The only series that is often trimmed is “Harmony” – then you will get a very neat rounded bush with high aesthetic characteristics.
Methods of breeding
Balzine is obtained from seeds either with stalling. More convenient and simple is the method of cutting up the upper parts of escape with a capture of several nodules. Putting a twig into the water, you can get good roots suitable for 2-3 weeks. “Kids” are sled into pots, the size of which is not more than 10 cm in diameter. After spending this manipulation in the spring, you will see the flowers already this year.
To get shoots from seeds, it comes out longer than when using cuttings. It is important to pay attention to the shelf life of seeds. They should be no older than six months, otherwise, when sowing sprouts may simply do not proceed.
Sow better spring in the ground with peat.
Cultivation of seeds contains the following sequence of actions.
- Mixing seeds with sand, they are put on the prepared ground and slightly compact. Since they are still too small, watering is carried out by spraying. Under the film or glass they will feel more comfortable.
- So that the land is not refunded, the seedlings periodically need fresh air access.
- When the sprouts are crushed, keep the film for another two weeks, and then remove it.
- After the seedling will grow slightly, each sprout is empty in his pot.
- Flowers should appear after three months.
Diseases and pests
Sometimes any flower can start reset leaves, flowers or just lose a healthy look. Let’s see which ailments are threatened with Novogvinean balsamines and consider external signs of the most common problems.
- Leaves dropped and lost elasticity. Most likely not enough moisture at high temperature. Do not forget to regularly water the plant, as well as to air the room where it is.
- Buds are not tied or quickly fall. Probable reasons for this phenomenon – little light and insufficient air humidity. It’s time to find a lighter place for a flower vase.
- Leaves yellow, dry. Indoors are cold, while watering too abundant. Move the pot to where the flower will be warmer, change the watering mode.
- Pale leaves, poorly grow. Reasons can be both in a close pot, and in a lack of lighting or fertilizer. Move the flower and adopt it.
- Leaves twist. This often comes from finding a plant in the cheese of a cool place.
Try to create more comfortable conditions for Balzine.
There are diseases that can attack flower under adverse conditions or contact with other unhealthy plants.
- Mushroom Gnill. There is an unpleasant raid, and over time, the leaves also begin to fade. Cut the affected plant fragments and process the wounds with a crowded activated carbon. As well as for such purposes, ash is often used.
- Bellenki. About their appearance say adhesive traces on the leaves and their yellowing. Preparations “Aktellik”, “Spark” or soap solution. So that these insects have not settled on your favorite, arrange a warm shower from time to time, choosing the time when there are no colors on the plant.
- Cobed tick. The pest loves to settle on the balsamine in violation of the conditions of its content, namely: when too dry air and stuffiness. If he chose your flower, Yellow specks will appear on his leaves. In the initial stage with the problem will help to rush to wash with soap water. In more launched cases, use compounds from a tick, such as “Aktarin”, “Vestimes” and others.
- Tripses. They most like the flower stamens, because of which they are covered by stains.
Get rid of parasites with the help of “Aktellik”, “Aktara” or “Tanarek”.
With proper care, the Novoguinsky balsamy will please you with beautiful colors and healthy green foliage. He will bring bright colors to your greenhouse, will delight blossom almost all year round. Do not forget to comply with the conditions of its content and regularly examine the plant for its health and normal development.
About how to transplant, grow and multiply Balsamin Novogvinsky, look in the video below.