Zamiculkas is a very beautiful and unusual plant, received by a multitude of myths and legends. Flowers with pleasure grow it in winter gardens and on the windowsill, due to the absolute unpretentiousness of the flower and the beautiful juicy greens of his leaves. However, not all lovers of houseplants know how to properly propagate the flower, so the question of its breeding for many of them is relevant.
A little about the video
Zamiculkas (Lat. Zamioculcas) is one of the most famous inventors of the representatives of the Aoid family and is considered monotype. This gene has only one species, which is called Zamiculkas Sumyless (Lat. Zamiifolia) and is a succulent, which is generally not characteristic of aroid. Holy Plant is considered Southeast Africa, where the flower covers its magnificent greenery large territories and when a long drought, drops the leaves, thus reducing the area of moisture evaporation. Along with the official botanical name, the flower has several folk.
In our country, it is more known as the “dollar tree”, although in other countries it is called “aroid palm”, and “Zanzibarskaya Pearl”. According to Chinese believe, the plant is considered one of the symbols of the new year and promises its owner to improve material well-being. Lovers of decorative flowers love Zamiculkas for unusual complexic leaves – very thin and at the same time hard to the touch, attracting the attention of even gloss and saturated dark green color. Sheet plate has an interesting structure and consists of 8-12 tries, which is also atypically. If you look from afar, the flower can be easily taken for artificial: so correct and one-dimensional are his leaves.
Rules of breeding
The reproduction of Zamiculkas at home is a process of long and painstaking, but subject to a number of rules and creating comfortable conditions, the success of the event is practically guaranteed.
- Personal precautions. The fact is that Zamiculkas, like all representatives of the aid family, is a poisonous flower. Its leaves contain pretty caustic milky juice, which, when entering the skin and mucous membrane, can cause strongest irritation, redness and burn, and in the stomach in the stomach and at all provoke a serious disorder. Therefore, before planting or sear a flower, you must be sure to wear protective gloves.
- Choosing a suitable soil. To do this, you can take a ready-made substrate for cacti and succulents, mixed in equal stakes with leaf power, sand and peat. It will be useful to add vermiculite to this mixture, pearlit or chopped pepheme, as well as red brick crumbs or pieces of wood coal. Any of these components can be included in the cooked substrate, but its share should not exceed 5-7%. Such substances significantly improve the aeration properties of the soil and ensure the inflow of oxygen to the root system, which does not allow the roots to bend, and also contributes to the timely outflow and evaporation of excess moisture.
- Arrangement of drainage. For these purposes, the ceramzite or medium river pebbles will be good, whose layer in the pot should not be less than 3-4 cm.
- Ensuring heat and bright scattered lighting. Direct ultraviolet rays can cause burns of leafy plates and spoil decorative plant look. To create an optimal temperature regimen of the container, young shoots are placed in homemade mini greenhouses, using glass or plastic fleet for this.
- The optimal time for breeding Zamokulkas is considered the beginning of spring. It is for the spring months that the time of active vegetation of plants is accounted for, and therefore, by the autumn, the young escape will have to accumulate the number of useful substances and calmly go to the winter.
In the reproduction of Zamiculkas at home, use such ways as shilling, the division of the bush, rooting the sheet plate, as well as tuber and seed methods.
The drawing is the most common and efficient way to multiply flower. It is worth considering this method step by step.
- To begin with, they choose a strong and healthy escape from which a small process with two either three sheets are cut. The ideal option will be the top of the parent plant older than 5 years. In addition to the crown, you can take any other part of the bush, the main thing is that the base of the branch is cut off with a cutlets, it was semi-respected. Take as a parent individual recently purchased in the store plant is not recommended. This is due to the fact that suppliers often handle bushes in a stimulator of growth and other chemistry. The effect of such drugs significantly reduces the percentage of cutting cuttings and makes the process of reproduction very difficult. In order for such a plant to be in reproduction, must go through at least 1 year.
- Cut the cutlets from a flower with a well-sharpened knife, which before the procedure should be disinfected. After cutting, the cuttings are located on a clean napkin and give a rink to dry a bit. After 2-3 hours, the cuttings are placed in the cooked landfall either put into the water, having previously stirred 2-4 tablets of activated carbon or several crystals of manganese. Before boarding the substrate, it is recommended that it is recommended to be processed with a powder biostimulator, after which the output of the process is 2-3 cm.
- Next, it is the most important part of the event – the creation of greenhouse conditions for escape. For this, the seedling provides lower heating, create humidity of at least 70% and the temperature is not lower than +25 degrees. The first watering is allowed to be carried out no earlier than a third day after landing. Soil moisturizing is performed as it dries, using a weak solution “Korninner” for this. Young roots usually appear after 2 weeks, from this point on the irrigation intensity increases slightly. The formation of young tubers occurs after 7-8 weeks and is a signal to the transplantation of plants for a permanent place.
- The first leaves in the young Zamiculkas appear in a tightly twisted and covered with a red film form, but it happens not soon, but 6-8 months after landing. Experienced specialists recommend to shine several processes immediately. This is due to the very low accessibility of the shoots, of which not all will be able to root. As for water rooting, here you need to be very attentive and try not to miss the beginning of rotting, which often begins at succulents from excess water.
Modifying Zamiculkas in this way very convenient when transplanting the plant. It is worth performing several simple actions.
- The bush is carefully removed from the pot and carefully clean the root processes from the substrate. Then the roots are carefully unraveling, trying not to cause damage to them, and the bush is separated into two or more parts, oriented at the same time not for adult branches, but exclusively on growth points. So, at every separated shoot should at least be at least one such point.
- Both plants are then left for a short time in the fresh air and pour damaged areas with chopped wood coal roots. Landing independent shoots is made in a cooked substrate with a mandatory formation in a pot of drainage layer.
Vassing should be in prior to the edge of the pot for 2-3 cm, which will further save from the pushing of the soil to the outside with strong radiating of the roots.
You can grow a new flower from the sheet. It is worth performing the following actions:
- Take a sharp discedent knife and cut several large healthy leaves, preferably together with the stem;
- The leaflets are then left for 2 hours in the air, after which they process the slice of the zircon or “root”;
- Next, the leaflets are planted into the substrate and are covered with glass or film;
- The cultivation is produced by analogy with the cultivation of cuttings, regularly moisturizing soil and ventilating mini greenhouse.
A significant disadvantage of the leaf reproduction method is the fact that to root and grow a young plant in a short time will not be able to. On the formation of an independent plant usually takes at least six months. With this method of reproduction, the sheet gives the formation of the tuber, from which root processes subsequently grow. Leaf plate dries up, and the fastened tuber gives new shoots. When the first leaflet appears, the flower is transplanted into a pot of 7-10 cm in a diameter and transferred to the general mode of care.
Building a green mass occurs very slowly, for example, in the first year no more than 3 leaves appear on a young plant.
Seasoning Zamioculkas in such a way pretty risky. This is due to the fact that the division of the tuber often provokes the death of the entire plant. Therefore, for tuberous reproduction, plants are chosen at least 50 cm high, with well-developed horse system and the above-ground part. The optimal time for breeding tubers is the period from the end of April to September. The reproduction procedure is as follows:
- The flower is removed from the pot and cleaned the root system from the ground;
- Next, the torn knife dissect the tuber in such a way that each of its parts was present for several roots and at least one point of growth;
- The sections of the cut are sprinkled with a thick layer of chopped charcoal and leave outdoors for a day, which helps a little to dry the cut-off tube and reduces the risk of rotting;
- The next day, the bushes are planted into the nutritional soil and put in a warm place, away from drafts and direct sunlight;
- The application of fertilizers at the roofing stage is completely excluded, and instead of watering use spraying;
- Pretty plants with mineral fertilizers begin no earlier than 4-6 weeks after landing.
During the first year, only 2-3 new sheets appear on the flower, so the smallement of the bush at least to the middle size takes a long time.
It is because of the timing of increasing the green mass, as well as due to the risk, to lose both plants of a tuber, who is not particularly popular.
Procedure for the cultivation of zamiculkas from seeds – it is ineffective, long and labor. The first difficulties arise with the acquisition of seed material, which is practically impossible to find in free stock. More experienced flowerflowers get it by crossing the pollination of two blooming plants, long expecting aging of the seed box and collecting seeds. The collected seeds will need to use as quickly as possible until they are and did not lose their germination.
This method is as follows:
- Immediately before planting the seed, the material is treated with a weak solution of manganese, dried, mixed with river sand and sow into a moistened substrate consisting of equal parts of sand and peat;
- The mini-greenhouse is built over the pot and put the design in a warm light, without temperature differences and drafts;
- Watering at first is replaced by spraying, which is performed with warm faded water;
- 1 time per day, the greenhouse is ventilated and wipe the resulting condensate from its walls;
- The first shoots appear after 2-2.5 months, after which they are thinned, leaving the largest sprouts;
- After they appear on 2 sheets, the plants are picked in small pots or plastic cups.
The care of young Zamokulkas is pretty simple. To do this, it is required to provide a plant with comfortable conditions for temperature, lighting and humidity, as well as water, trim, replant and feed the flower.
Water flower only after complete drying of the substrate. This is due to the fact that the plant is a succulent and sufficient water in its tissues. From excessive moisturizing the root system of the plant can start rotting that it will cause the flower death. In the hot season of the year, Zamiculkas sufficiently 2 irons per month, subject to the complete drying of the soil. In addition to irrigation, the plant loves warm shower.
However, this procedure should not be done so often, but an earthing substrate during the procedure be sure to cover with a film.
Despite its African origin, Zamokulkas does not like direct sunlight. It is better to provide a plant bright, but at the same time with scattered light, building an artificial screen for this or placing a flower in a half of higher species. However, the lack of ultraviolet affects the plant is quite bad. Flower leaves become splashes and lose their former decorativeness.
Feed the young zamoculkas is better than an extraordinated way. Spraying is carried out no more than 1 time in 20 days, using for this any complex of mineral fertilizers for decorative plants or succulents. As a result of such treatment, the leaves become beautiful and shiny, and their petioles are noticeably compacted.
In the autumn-winter period, when the plant is at rest, making feeding stop, renew only in mid-April.
Temperature and humidity
The plant is well adapted to the household conditions and normally feels at the usual room temperature in + 22- + 25 degrees. Mandatory condition is the absence of sharp temperature differences and drafts, from which it can reset the foliage and die.
As for humidity, the risen flower feels perfectly at 50-60% and in the additional moistening the premises does not need.
Trimming and transplanting
Pruning in its complete understanding is not a mandatory measure for a flower. However, dry flowers and infectious shoots need to delete in a timely manner. Pereplain the plant in a wider pot is recommended every year, using a bush transshipment technique to preserve an earth coma.
After the procedure, the flower is left alone, and the first watering is carried out no earlier than after 3 days.
The most common problem in the reproduction and cultivation of Zamiculkas is the defeat of the root system by rot. In most cases, this is due to errors in agrotechnology, in particular, due to violation of moisture and temperature. If the soil in the pot does not have time to dry, and in the room there is much less than +20 degrees, then it is almost impossible to avoid the appearance of fungal infections. To prevent this kind of trouble, it is recommended to regularly inspect the flower for signs of the rotation process.
And in case of detection on the stem and leaves of the plants of black-brown wet spots to immediately take measures to rescue flower.
To do this, a sharp disinfected knife is cut off by the rotting of the leaves and shoots, processed the wounds with the filled chalk, activated carbon or colloidal sulfur. Further, the plant is extracted from the pot and its tubers in a weak solution of manganese or 1% composition of the bordeaux fluid are placed on half an hour. While the flower dries in after the disinfecting of the roots, and it is required at least 2 hours, proceed to sterilization of the pot and cooking a new substrate. To prevent fungal infections into the ground, several granules of Glyocladin and Triphodermin preparations are added, after which the potted drainage is placed on the bottom and pour a new landfall.
Within 3 months after planting for watering of zamioculkas, not water, a 0.5% solution “Alino-b”, “Fundazola” or “Preview”.And watering is performed very dosed. In this case, lightwife will be much more useful to abundant humidification.
When providing emergency assistance, it is necessary to take note that the plant can be saved only at the initial stage of the disease. If the concrete processes struck most of the root system and overhead shoots, then all measures to save the flower are meaningless and will not bring the result. Signs of irreversible processes are too easy separation of leaves and shoots, the molding of the substrate and the unpleasant rotten smell from the bush. In this case, the plant and an earthy mixture must be urgently dried, and the pot is well washed out with economic soap and sterilize.
Shimokulkas transplant secrets, you can find out, looking at the video below.