Today, a man invented a lot of additional devices, which will be useful in the course of growing different crops with insufficient lighting. The category of these devices should include phytolamba, presented on the market in a large variety of species, thanks to which gardeners and gardeners were able to breed various plants and creating an optimally suitable environment for them at a minimum of effort and costs.
What it is?
For cultivation of cultures at home and for breeding plants in the winter period in greenhouses, the optimal level of lighting plays, because otherwise all seedlings are simply driving. In this situation Ordinary incandescent lamps used to illuminate the apartment, in the role of additional backlight will not fit.
During this period, gardeners and gardeners will need special lighting devices for plants that are able to provide cultures with a sufficient amount of light, which will be a guarantee of good yields and health of indoor decorative cultures.
Similar The devices take into account the basic need of plants in illumination during the day at least 14 hours. That is why the devices have the optimal number of photons in their radiation, which provides the highlight of the full range of solar radiation.
Not long ago, a list of such devices consisted of conventional incandescent and luminescent lamps. The first in practice turned out to be completely useless. The second option for plant growth turned out to be effective because its spectral composition of the glow is rather similar to the solar, due to which luminescent lighting devices in some cases are called daylight lamps.
Today, the range of such beneficial devices has been largely expanded, you can find products with different configurations on sale, but all positions available on the market belong to the same group – phytolampa.
The main advantage of such lighting devices is the method of generating photons in a narrow color range, which, unlike widespread, emits most of the lamps and special purpose lamps. It has a positive effect on the photosynthesis of crops or indoor flowers and plants.
As practice shows, the blue spectrum is aimed at stimulating the growth and development of roots, and the red is responsible for the flowering process and aging fruits, if cultures are able to give a crop.
Device configuration eliminates the provision of any harm for green cells, so phytolampa is absolutely not dangerous for plants and fruits that affect ultraviolet and infrared radiation. Most of the plants backlight devices have a combined blue and red glow, due to which the devices can be attributed to the universal group. However, the sale occurs products that will radiate only one color, which is needed in one or another phase of crop development.
The color temperature of the devices is measured in Kelvin. As a rule, the manufacturer indicates the power of its products on the packaging and in the instructions.
There is a certain classification of devices:
- 2700K – a phytoscurette with a similar power radiates “warm” light, which is in the red part of the spectrum;
- 4100k – “Neutral white” glow, which is closer to the green part of the spectrum;
- 6400K – “Cold White” light, it refers to the blue region of the spectrum;
- 8000-25000K – Ultraviolet.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any device, phytolamba for plants have their strengths and weaknesses.
Positive features include such characteristics.
- As a rule, using specialized equipment for greenhouses or greenhouses, you can significantly save on electricity consumption. Based on the experience of operating instruments in large agricultural facilities, savings in comparison with the use of conventional lighting is about 80%.
- The second major advantage of such devices is the effectiveness due to which the plants receive a certain frequency range, vital for photosynthesis.
- Since the operating temperature of the lamps is very small, the devices have a high degree of fire safety. In addition, even in the case of a random touch of the device will not harm for a person and will not cause burns of skin.
Due to the features of light emanating from lamps, the highlighting devices will be useful even subject to the cultivation of plants in the basements.
- Lamps do not require additional re-equipment for indoor use. To operate devices, the lamp can be screwed into the standard base and connect all the area.
- Due to the minimum heating during the cultivation of plants with the help of phytolamp, it will be easier for the optimal temperature and humidity inside the closed systems and rooms.
- During operation, you can adjust the radiation intensity. This possibility is achieved by installing variable resistance near the switch.
- The devices can create the right ultraviolet flow on the culture, which is very convenient in the rooms where several plant varieties grow in different phases of development.
All products for highlighting are environmentally friendly, thereby not any danger to the environment and air when they are operating.
However, some varieties of devices still have certain disadvantages.
- Incandescent lamps can not provide cultures for the luminescence of the blue and red spectrum, in addition, they are very hot, which adversely affects cultures. Such a flashlight will be more correct to use together with luminescent devices, as they give a blue and purple radiation spectrum when working.
- Energy-saving gas lamps for plants require special components for use in the form of ballasts, which in some cases can be quite inconvenient.
- Aquarium lamps well show themselves during operation, however, they are highlighted by their high cost, so for the large premises their acquisition is unprofitable.
For modern gardens and gardeners, manufacturers of specialized lighting equipment for the agrosphere offer a large selection of efficient products. However, the following types are particularly popular.
A similar type of backlight is highlighted by its long operational resource, in addition, the dat-lamps create a powerful and stable flow of light. Sodium lamps emit orange-yellow glow, useful for cultures, as well as not irritating. The last characteristic makes it possible to operate them for home plants, for example, when growing a seedlings on the windowsill.
In greenhouses or basements, where there is no lighting at all, such lamps must be used together with luminescent.
The color temperature of this backlight is up to 2200K under the color rendition index of about 22 units. For indoor flowers it is worth choosing instruments with a power up to 100 W. One lamp can highlight the area to 2 meters. For greenhouses and winter gardens, it is worth using backlight from 400 to 600 W.
Sodium illumination is necessary for plants in the early and late development time. Thanks to the instruments with a similar spectrum, you can increase the yield of vegetables and fruits, normalize flowering.
In the northern regions, this illumination is recommended to be combined with an ultraviolet lamp.
DNAT lamps have an operational resource that makes up 20 thousand hours. The feature of sodium appliances is the ability to work and burn at low temperatures.
However, sodium phytolampes for highlighting have some disadvantages. First of all, they can attract insects, which in most cases will harm the growing plants. In addition, regulating devices for devices will have a high cost. During the operation of these types of highlights, special caution should be observed, as well as avoid entering the flasks of water.
This type of illumination on the principle of operation is similar to fluorescent lamps, but in its design it will differ significantly. Due to the difference in the absence of electrodes inside, due to which the operational resource of the instruments, which is about 6,000,000 hours increases, is significantly increasing.
Before buying this option It is worth considering that over time, the brightness of such lamps will gradually decrease. The devices are convenient for their minimum heating, in the light of which the possibility of placing them in the immediate vicinity of the growing houses or in the greenhouse of cultures.
Induction lamps do not spoil from voltage drops in the electrical network, in addition, the lamps do not create an unpleasant flicker for human eye.
A positive feature of the emission spectrum of induction lamps is the similarity of light with sunny, due to which the lamps can be used as a full and independent illumination at different stages of plant development.
Among the minuses of induction lighting should be noted their high cost, if we compare products with the rest of the devices.
The main characteristic of such lamps is considered to be the use of sulfur in their device, which is not dangerous for plants and people, in the light of which plasma options are suitable for installation of the house in order to ensure the light of plants in the offseason and winter. Such devices almost do not emit ultraviolet, in total it is not more noted by one percent.
This backlight has a wide range of applications not only as a home source of light source for plants, so plasma lamps can be found in landscape design, as well as in the role of highlighting for hydroponic plants in the premises of personal or public use.
In greenhouses, where plasma lamps are used, there is no need to wear special glasses for a normal review, Lamps do not distort the true color of the plants. In this case, devices are able to cope with the task of maintaining the optimal level of illumination on large areas, using the minimum amount of electricity.
Among the shortcomings of the backlight it is worth highlighting their high cost, but when carrying out accurate and competent calculations, the purchase of plasma lamps for large premises with plants will be justified in the light of their effectiveness.
Models and their characteristics
Among the available range of domestic and foreign phytolamps are worth highlighting the most demanded trademarks.
Philips “Green Power”
Refers to the category of sodium devices with high pressure, so products are recommended for all cycles of culture development. Lamps are distinguished by a good fraction of red and orange radiation, in addition, the absence of blue light is also noted in the glow, which is needed by cultures in the growing season.
The device is produced in Belgium and is a device with a transparent flask with a tube placed inside the tube and the built-in antenna necessary for uninterrupted and productive operation. The maximum operating temperature of the flask is 450 degrees.
Domestic device for highlighting, which is a LED lamp with high light scattering light. This device can be used to light up room and greenhouse orchids, cultivation of cacti and citrus crops, as well as for installation in grobes and as a light source for hydroponics. Due to the simple design and lightness in the installation of the lamp in demand for accommodation in greenhouses.
The device is adjustable in height, due to which it is possible to control the level and intensity of the flow of light during the day. The resource of the lamp is 50000 hours.
LED lamp “Black Sun Edition”
Universal phytolampa, which is recommended for use in greenhouses and greenhouses with plants during the growing season, in the phase of flowering and fruiting. The lamp has small sizes, the power of one device is 3W.
Devices are in demand due to the presence in the design of the fireproof case and patented optical lenses that can distribute light 90 degrees. Products have two switches.
Tips for choosing
In order to choose a functional and reliable device to maintain the development of indoor and greenhouse crops, need to take into account certain nuances.
- Selection of phytolamba costs from counting the area with which the device has to work. It is also worth deciding on the frequency of lighting. A clear understanding of the requirements for the instrument will greatly facilitate its choice. As a rule, manufacturers indicate their products information about the capacity of products and the recommended operating area.
- Before buying, you should also decide on what removal will be placed on plants. The best option will be the acquisition of phytolamp with the possibility of regulating their location and height.
- Before purchasing devices for highlighting, it is also worth the sorting of existing crops based on the growing up stage.
- For small spaces, such as, for example, the windowsill, you can stay on models with an average power of the emitted stream. As practice shows, room colors will be sufficiently luminescent lamps with a luminescence temperature of about 6500 to. For greenhouses and greenhouses in winter, productive and large universal spectrum lamps will be needed.
- To improve the room with highlighting, it is worth preferred to one type of lighting instruments to create the most comfortable conditions for growing crops.
It is important to select a variety with a high color rendering index within 865 units.
How to use?
The key to successful lighting of crops with the help of phytolamp will be their competent placement. Therefore, this issue should take into account the characteristics of the device, which will help calculate the required number of lamps on the specified area.
The level of illumination will be equal to the result of dividing the luminous flux from the device per square meters of room with crops.
Almost all manufacturers indicate the product packaging recommended area for its device.
As for the basic rules for using lamps, the novice gardener may adhere to the following recommendations:
- The lighting should have a focus, similar to the solar, that is, shine from top to bottom;
- The most correct removal of crops from the phytolamp will become 30 centimeters;
- The optimal power of the device for the backlight of one square meter will be 70 W;
- In winter, the duration of the instruments should be increased at least 4 hours;
- If it is planned to use backlight for seedlings, then in the first few days, continuous infrared lighting for young sprouts should be equipped.
Among the available responses about the varieties of phytolamps for plants should be noted predominantly positive feedback, especially when breeding home seedlings. As for greenhouses and greenhouses, sodium lighting devices are particularly popular in these premises, which help in the minimum time to reanimate even the cultures.
Among the peculiarities of the phytolamp for plants also highlights the possibility of independent creation of backlighting for plants in pots with diodes.