Indoor plants are originally adorn the interior of the room, emphasizing the stylistry of a certain design. To date, there is a huge selection of decorative colors, which can be easily grown at home, with a special popularity in flower water uses hypooetes. It is distinguished by an interesting color, easy to care and allows you to fill the room with an unusual atmosphere.
Hypooetes is a beautiful indoor plant that was brought to our country from the distant Island of Madagascar. This flower belongs to the Akananov family, it has a kind of branched shrub with an unusual decorative foliage, which is characterized by a bright color and covered with “rainbow freckles”. Plant height does not exceed 50 cm.
Leaves in the hypooetes of oval shape, they can be both with even so and pointed edges. Their length is usually from 5 to 8 cm, the width is not more than 4 cm. The main feature of the plant is the presence of a plurality of dots of various shades on the foliage: red, white, pink, purple.
Despite the fact that the main decoration of the flower is foliage, it acquires a special appeal during flowering.
The flowering period occurs at the plant very quickly. When the flowers fall, they create a lot of garbage around the pot. Therefore, experts are recommended to conduct Timely purification of hypo estheses both during flowering and after it.
If this is not done, then the plant will begin to stretch, and his foliage will become small.
Since each type of hypooetes has its own period of flowering to decorate the interior with bright colors, it is necessary to place in the room several flower varieties. Buds at the decorative plant are placed on the top of the shrub, during the dissolution, they acquire the type of tubular colors formed in the sinuses. Giopoesee flowers are small in size and have a gentle lilac color, so they are often lost on a green background of bright foliage. Since many types of plants are killed after flowering, many gardeners remove buds to dissolve.
If the flowers leave, then over time, seed boxes are formed, and the seeds that have fallen in the ground will quickly germinate.
As it grows, the stem in the bottom starts to nude, making the bush more lush. So that the plant does not lose their decorativeness, it must be seen periodically, it will provide better branching. Hypooetes also has one rather interesting feature – in the summer he can grow on the open soil in the garden, turning the lawn into elegant “carpets”.
Making out similarly landscape design, It is important to control the height of the “carpet cover” and, if necessary, cut it.
In addition, the flower will require additional moisture. It is originally combined to plant a “spotted” handsome man with arabis, herbal clove, Sedumom and Tsmin. According to the old beliefs, Hypooetes is able to bring good mood to the house and has a positive effect on the development of creative talents, Therefore, this type of plant is especially recommended to purchase families in which there are small children.
To date, there are many types of hypooetes, they all differ in varietal characteristics and condition conditions. To the most popular varieties of plants that are easy to grow at home include the following.
- “Blood-Red”. As a rule, this flower grows in a shady terrain in the forests of tropics on the island of Madagascar. It is a branched dense shrub, which reaches a maximum height of 50 cm. The leaves of this variety are all-strinny, possess an egg-shaped form, their width is up to 4 cm, length from 5 to 8 cm. They are a little wavy on the edges, on a dark green background of foliage placed Mine Red Spots and Purple Streetings.
Decorative plant during flowering throws small inflorescences, their whines are painted in a gentle purple shade with white zev.
- “Listokoloskoy”. Such a flower is most often found in the tropical zones of the island, preferring wet and shady places. Externally, Hypooetes has many similarities with “bloody-red” view, but this flower leaves purple-red. Inflorescences Mainly, single and lavender color.
- “Firey”. Is the most favorite variety of landscape designers. Shrub grows up to 80 cm long, its leaves are thin, large and covered with small dots. Flower and foliage stalk slightly published.
- “Splash Select”. It is referred to many years of plants, decorativeness which give spotted sheets. Under normal conditions, the cultivation of the flower reaches a height of no more than 45 cm, the foliage of this grade of oval shape, on the edges it is smooth. This flower is not only beautiful, it is also unpretentious in care. It is usually sown in the spring, after which the seedlings dive and perform a transplant in constant pots.
So that the plant does not lose their decorative qualities, it must be periodically quenched.
- “Confetti”. This variety is well known both in domestic and foreign flower growing, it has several varieties, each of which is distinguished by the grade of foliage. Color is white, punch and burgundy.
- “Spray”. Very beautiful grade of hypooetes, which can be present on the leaves not only color spots, but also cuts, strokes. The flower height does not exceed 25 cm, they are easy to care, but require timely trimming.
Special attention deserves and hypooetes “Mix”, He has its own varietal features – the surface of dark leaves is decorated with elegant patterns. Plant loves moisture and warmth, so before buying you need to choose the right place to accommodate the pot.
Despite the fact that the hypooetes is simple in cultivation, behind him, as in other types of indoor plants, it is necessary to maintain correctly. It will provide a flower rapid growth, the formation of leaves and flowering. Therefore, novice flowers before buying a “handsome” house, it is important to know the rules for the care of it, providing the following conditions.
- Lighting. Decorative flower loves multiple light, so it is impossible to put it on the windowsill, where too bright lighting. In addition, in the summer, the plant is recommended to be contacted, hiding from the hot rays of the Sun. Winter shrub requires additional lighting. If the hypooetes does not get a sufficient level of lighting, it can lose its original color.
- Temperature. For normal growth, a room plant needs room temperature. In the summer it is desirable to endure it in cool places, with the onset of cold, it is important to ensure that the air temperature has not dropped in the room below +17 with. In winter, you need to ensure that the temperature does not fall below + 17 s. You can not put pots with a plant next to the heating devices and close to the glass, since the temperature should be permanent.
- Watering. Hypooetes must be watering as the soil drying in the container, and it is impossible to allow its complete drying, since due to this foliage may fall. “Water treatments” are recommended to perform warm and filled water. Summer irrigation frequency increase.
- Trimming. Since this plant is considered decorative so that it does not lose its magnificent forms and beauty, it is necessary to regularly perform pinches. Thanks to this, the sprouts will not be very pulled out, and the crown will be formed correctly. To foliage add brightness in the color, the plant is recommended to feed in spring and autumn.
Methods of breeding
Independence from species features, hypooetes can be multiplied by seeds and stalling. The last option is used much less frequently than reproduction from seeds, but it has several advantages, the main of which is the possibility of planting the process immediately after the preparation of soil and capacity. At first, the process should be placed in a jar with water, but then a week later the roots will appear, then the plant can be put in a pot.
Many gardeners prefer to sow hypoestheses seeds, as this is the most popular way to reproduce. This procedure is carried out early in spring, pre-pre-prepared sand-peat soil. The planting material is placed in it, the container is covered with a glass jar or film, creating an optimal microclimate for the future plants and speeding up the process of climbing. When sprouts appear, the container must be moved to a well-lit place.
After the formation of leaves, they are transplanted into a permanent pot.
Rules of transplant
Immediately after buying hypooetes, it is impossible to replant, because the plant needs to give time for acclimatization, and after 2-3 years it can already be placed in a more spacious container. Experts are not recommended to combine transplantation with trimming, as it will cause a slowdown in the growth of the plant due to severe stress. At the same time, during the transplantation, try to preserve part of the earth coma.
The soil for planting can be used in finished form, and to prepare independently, mixing in the same proportions peat, humid and leafy ground. Don’t also forget about good drainage.
It is best to plan a plant transplantation every spring by applying the “transshipment” method, during which the flower simply moves to a spacious pot. This will preserve its decorative qualities and avoid various diseases. As a rule, a new pot is 3 cm more old for transplanting. Well, if it is shallow and wide, with special drainage holes. Rhizomes need to be placed near the surface of the soil, if you want to get a bright mix, then in one pot combines several different varieties that differ in the color of foliage.
After the earthen com with rhizomes are placed in a new container, it is falling asleep with the cooked soil, the snow is shaking the pot and the land is added additionally. You need to try to fill the container so that there is no emptiness.
Then the flower is watered and put in a new place, providing it with good lighting and supporting a certain level of humidity in the room, since all this is important for adaptation of the plant.
Diseases and pests
Hypooetes is the most stable room flower to pests and diseases. The main reason for his “illness” can be Only irregular care. If the soil mois, then the roots will begin to drive, the leaves will yellow and fall out with time.
If the moisture is lacking, the dry root system will also suffer, it will begin to die out, which will lead to a creap of leaves. No less important in care and lighting, if it is not enough, the foliage will be wrinkled, and the plant will lose a decorative species. As for pests, they, as a rule, settle on the flower only from neighboring affected plants.
When detecting insects, it is necessary to urgently take measures – to process the flower with special preparations.
Hypooetes Care Tips See in the following video.