Many hostesses love to decorate their home with unusual indoor plants that give the interior more comfort and comfort. A variety of colors just amazes. Chlorophytum does not require any special care, however, has several essential nuances that are important in its reproduction.
Rules of breeding
Chlorophytum is a herbicist representative of the Sparazhev family. He refers to long-year-old colors, the roots of which are presented in the form of tubers with small shoots, which allows, with the right approach at home, to engage in it. For its appearance among the population, chlorophyteum is called “spider”. The origin of it is unknown, however, references to the documents date back to the XVIII century. At the moment, this plant is grown throughout the world, therefore, the exact amount of its species is unknown (about 250).
Chlorophyteum grows in the form of long oblong leaves, the length of which can reach 50 centimeters growing immediately from the root of the plant. The method and time of flowering differs depending on the variety of this plant. Some form small inflorescences of light color, of which the fruits then appear. The kidneys appear on others, of which young leaflets subsequently formed. For reproduction, seeds are chosen only by the dried boxes with them.
In order to reproduce with the help of kids, young strong seedlings are chosen, since big can no longer get.
For those who want chlorophyteum to grow actively and gave the range, you need to care for him. This plant is completely undemandingly in care, so he accounted for almost all corners of the planet. The only thing chlorophyteume is required is regular soil moisturizing. This room is growing with proper care quickly and with active livelihoods quickly begins to bloom. Also this flower is a natural air cleaner.
Before you make a reproduction of the flower, you should trace so that the plant is healthy and strong, since the kids and processes of the patient chlorophyte do not fit. For reproduction, you need to choose only strong and strong cuttings and boxes with seeds. You need to prepare everything in advance that you will need when seating – Capacities with finished soil (sand and fertilizer) or water container, garden tools, gloves, as well as a prepared place where the seedlow will be more comfortable (with moderate levels of humidity and temperature).
Most people whose homes are decorated with this wonderful flower, wonders about how to propagate this plant at home. It should be known that if necessary, in addition to the reproduction, it should periodically transplant chlorophytum for its further normal development and livelihoods. This should be done as soon as the root system has grown so that it began to occupy the entire volume of the pot. This process will not take much time. It is necessary to purchase a larger capacity in which the entire transplanted flower is placed in the entire contents. It is enough just to fill out the missing plots with the new soil.
Best transplant (as well as reproduction) to do in the fall. Capacity should be free for the plant and wide, and not deep.
The material is better to choose a ceramic or plastic, in which moisture is preserved longer than. There are several methods of reproduction of chlorophytum, which is carried out in the vegetative period of the flower life. Among them are breeding children, cuttings and seeds.
Chlorophytum begins to bloom in a fairly early period, already in the second year of life. It can be traced in the appearance of his kids. To kids able to start to grow and develop and develop, they need to put in the ground the pot of an adult plant, in no case slicing it to rooting. Another way to reproduce the chlorophyteum with the help of children is the placement of them in a water container until the appearance of the roots. After that, the seedling can be placed in a separate pot of earth.
This method of reproduction is the easiest, its gardeners choose most often. To grow a new chlorophyteum in this way, it is enough to place a good cutlets into a glass with water. And as soon as the cutlets begin to start the root, it should be put in the usual way in the free container with the ground.
In order for planted chlorophyteum seeds to give their results, it should be done in the autumn time of the year. From the plants collect dried boxes with seeds. They are soaked in advance for a day in water or a divorced height regulator. Then the seeds are torn in a pot consisting of a mixture of sand and fertilizer. The capacitance is covered with a glass cover, a polyethylene package or food film. Keep planted seeds need in a half-way place. From time to time, sprouts should be opened for oxygen saturation and spraying.
The first seedlings appear in 3-5 months. After their appearance, the lid needs to be opened much more often in order for the flower to be adapted to external conditions. With the advent of the first small leaflets, chlorophytum can be transferred to a pot for an adult plant. In addition to seeds, chlorophytum can be reproduced by sockets. To do this, in a container with a soil, a pouring outlet. In this case, the flower quickly adapts to new conditions and begins to grow.
After transplanting room plants require additional care. Temperature regime in the room should not be too low (at least 10 degrees), but at the same time should not exceed 20 degrees. The flower loves the natural light, so it is not necessary to put the plant in the dark corners of the room.
As for irrigation, chlorophyteum does not like moisture too much. Watering needs to produce moderately, focusing on the dryness of the soil. In the summer season – approximately every other day, in the winter – based on the temperature and humidity of the air indoor. Subject to the conservation of temperature as in the summer – in the same way. However, if the temperature fell, the amount of irrigation is reduced to 2 per week. In addition, you need to not forget to monitor the state of the soil.
Touch the leaves of chlorophyteum is not necessary, as they are quite sensitive. In order to get rid of dust accumulated on leaves, it will be enough to spend a spraying of the plant at least once a month. Often do not do it either. Many have a question to circumcise the mustache, which appear in adults of chlorophytum. It should be done if you want the flower more leaves appear. In this case, they can be carefully trimmed.
If in the future you want to take advantage of seeds for seeding chlorophytum, you do not need to touch them. The only condition – you need to monitor dry leaves that periodically need to delete. Fertilizer needs a plant in the vegetative period (spring-autumn). If the flower is to feed once a month with various stimulants and minerals, it is already very soon you can sear the plant with one of the above methods.
Due to improper care, After the transplantation may arise some problems.
- The tips of the chlorophyteum leaves became dry and brittle. The reason for this may be lack of water or excess of sunlight, as well as low air humidity in the room.
- Plant leaves steel black and rot. This is due to the excess of moisture in the soil, which is caused by frequent irrigation of the room plant.
- Chlorophytum leaves started shrust. The reason was the lack of light. This plant loves well-lit rooms. With a shortage of minerals, the plant can also start fading. This may happen when the flower is closely in a pot. To make sure that the leaves should be lifted and examined the root system. Perhaps it was time to transplant chlorophytum into a wider capacity.
- Chlorophytum growth delay. This may be caused incorrectly selected in the size of the pot, as the large capacity also does not fit. The flower will not grow until the roots will fill all the space. Growth may stop if the earth for chlorophyteum is too heavy or is not sufficiently saturated with minerals and fertilizers.
- If for a long time, the plant does not appear babies, it means that it is closely in this pot or not enough sunlight.
- The plant does not allow the mustache that is characteristic of him. This is due to the lack of light, as well as fertilizers and watering. Need to reconsider care.
- Chlorophytum lost its former color, became more faded and dim. The cause is small lighting. Therefore, the plant must be placed on the windowsill or at least to the source of permanent light.
- The fragility of the flower leaves appears with a lack of lighting or with an excess in its soil fertilizer.
- If the flower began to rot, it is associated with the inappropriate air temperature (too small), which causes moisture delay in the ground.
- If the adult flower starts to spin the leaves, it means that it needs to be filled with fertilizers and continue to transplant to a closer capacity.
- The appearance of spots on the leaves, as well as roasting rot, caused by pathogenic bacteria. Immediately need to purchase a means to protect plants from fungus.
About how to propagate chlorophyte rosettes, look next.