Aloe, or as it is often called – a countercake, is a plant that is usually grown due to its unique healing qualities, and not because of beauty and original appearance. Since the flower is indispensable in the treatment of many diseases and is often used for cosmetics, then the need arises not in one plant. So it is so important to know how to properly propagate.
Successfully propagate aloe at home, if you know some necessary nuances. One such factor is the time that is best suited for its reproduction. Reproduction feasible in any season, but a particularly favorable time – the spring and the first summer months.
At this time, the active vegetative development of Aloe comes, guarantees the fastest and active growth of the roots of the processes. In other months, the reproduction is also possible when creating the necessary temperature regime of the content, but the rooting process can be somewhat delayed.
Aloe – the plant of those southern latitudes, where the climate is very hot, and the precipitates fall out infrequently. Plant grows in the lands of dry, lowland, sandy or clay. For successful room growing, it is necessary to create similar conditions.
The success of the cultivation of the meal is largely depends on the proper composition of the soil, Since it develops a root system that affects the further development of the plant as a whole. From the incorrectly selected soil, the leaves aloe yellow, and the flower itself can subsequently die.
The soil for the meal must meet several requirements.
- Have a good ability to skip air and moisture, Do not delay it. To achieve the soils of the soil in it, you need to make components-baking powers – sand (better coarse), gravel, small pebbles, perlite, pieces of wood coal.
- The soil should be weakly acid (pH 6.5-7), admissible and neutral.
- Soil composition should contain A sufficient amount of iron.
Usually use ready-made soil designed specifically for succulents. It contains all the elements necessary for the full growth of aloe. You can cook soil mix yourself. Its components can be:
- Cherry, delicate or garden soil – 2 parts;
- humus, sand – one part.
Be sure to add small gravel (it will give loose soil) and wood coal powder. Wood ashes take at the rate of 50 g per liter of substrate. Include peat in the soil mixture is not recommended.
Before the planting plants, the substrate is further subjected to heat treatment in the oven (about 30 minutes) or water a weak-pink solution of manganese.
There are many methods for breeding aloe, which differ in the duration and complexity of the process. But it is a manifold that allows you to choose the most acceptable method of breeding a metering. Reproduction sheet – one of them. This method is usually used as the need to rejuvenate the aged flower to give it an incentive to development.
You only need to choose a well-developed strong healthy leaf size at least 8 cm. Next, perform actions in a certain order.
- Leafs need to cut clean and sharp tool from the very base of the stem. Scroll must be inclined.
- Sliced leaves, placing on dry cloth (bandage, gauze, cotton napkin), you need to leave for 1-2 days in a dark room. Scroll should dry and turn the film.
- The filled cut sprinkled with a powder of charcoal (you can use activated carbon).
- Next prepare the soil mixture from the garden land, sand and vermiculite, which is placed in the container and moisturize.
- Leafs need to be searched into the soil mixture, deepening them approximately 3 cm.
- The container with the leaves are placed in a pretty light and warm room.
You can also leave the leaves: they are simply unfolded on the surface of the soil. Appeared later roots themselves go into the soil. Landed leaves need to provide regular (every day) and abundant watering.
After the appearance of the roots, the leaves will begin to grow, and young seedlings can be searched on separate plates.
How to plant seeds?
Aloe can also be seeds, but this method is longer and requires more work. But it allows you to dilute many plants at once, and the number of seeded seedlings is much larger than when using other ways.
In the natural conditions of growing aloe blooms quite regularly. His flower is a belt on a long stem or brush inflorescence.
But since at room growing Aloe blooms very rarely, then seeds can be bought in specialized flower stores.
The best time for sowing seeds is the last days of February – the first decade of March. Container for germination should be low and flat. Seed landing is made in such a sequence:
- Initially, it is necessary to choose the soil – ready or cook at home (hard or leaf land with sand in the same proportions);
- The container is placed soil mixture, moisturized, and then sow seeds to a depth of no more than 3 cm with an interval of one and a half centimeters;
- In order to germinate the seeds faster, the container is covered with polyethylene, thus creating mini-greenhouse;
- until shoots appear, contain seeds needed at a temperature mode within +22 degrees, maintain the humidity of the soil and not allow it to dry;
- Next, the film is removed, and watering is produced as necessary and only with the help of a pulverizer;
- Chipping seedlings in separate plates need to be carried out as soon as 2-4 real young leaves appear, using the same substrate.
A year later, a young flower is required to transplant once again into a more spacious. With this method of reproduction, grow a full-fledged flower is possible only after two.
Reproduction of cuttings
The drawing is a very common breeding method and, if it is properly performed, leads to the rooting of all cuttings. This method allows to successfully and quickly root all the cuttings, provided its implementation in spring and summer. Side shoots from the main stem.
With a stallion, step by step several actions.
- First pick up the cuttings. You need to choose well formed direct shoots with a length of approximately 10 cm. There should be at least 6 leaves on the shoot.
- Cutting need to produce a sharp and short tool, not to damage next to growing shoots and leaves. The tool is pre-disinfect.
- Cutting escape placed in a tightly closing end or in a closety and leave for 5-7 days to cut down and covered with a film. The humidity of the content should be approximately 50%.
- Prepared soil mixture, Including components such as peat, sand, ash, perlite, brick crumbs or small crushed stone.
- Cooked container fill (¾ volume) substrate and moistened sand (on a quarter of volume).
- Cherenkov sections sprinkle with wood coal powder and plant, deepening in the soil no more than 2 cm, with a gap between the cuttings in 4-5 cm. Leaves can only touch the soil slightly.
- If necessary, you can pour the soil surface with gravel To give cuttings of greater stability.
- Container contain In light and warmth (+20.25 degrees).
- Further care is in systematic maintenance of soil humidity.
- After 2-4 weeks, the cuttings are rooted, and after the appearance of new leaves Aloe can be transplanted into separate plates.
Before boarding, it is necessary to disinfection of containers: a pot of clay is treated with a solution of superphosphate, the plastic container was washed with soap (economic) and rinse with hot water, ceramic plates are thermally processed in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
How to multiply the process?
Often, the adult aloe grows the processes that are called kids, appendages. They are roasting processes with their autonomous root system. Young kids take away food from the parent plant, thereby relaxing him. So it is so important to transplant them. The reproduction of the process is a natural method that gives you the opportunity to get a young plant immediately.
This method lies in the separation of kids from maternal chest and transplanting them into the ground. It allows you to grow several bushes of young aloe. Usually, it is combined with a transfer of a maternal bush to once again not disturb the plant.
First choose and separate kids in such a sequence:
- First of all, it is necessary to moisten the soil well;
- Take a pot, slightly tilt and gently remove aloe from it;
- Then hold an inspection of the root system and find out the level of development of the roots of the children – to take the processes with well-developed roots.
Next you need to separate the kids. It can be done by hand, carefully released the roots of the processes, trying not to damage the maternal root system. If it failed, it is necessary to make sections with a sharp tool. Sections of sections must be sprinkled with coal powder.
Discarded kids need to get dry for several days.
After that, begin to land the processes.
- The bottom of the cooked plate is covered with a layer of drainage, and the soil mixture is poured from above and moisturize it.
- 30 minutes after watering, removing excess water, you can plant the appendages. They are deepening in the soil to the lower first leaves (about 1 cm). Soil slightly compacted.
- During the first 10 days, the process must be watered every day. Then watering reduces. The rooting usually goes about a month. Soon new leaflets appear in young aloe.
Sometimes it happens that the young process is broken and remains without a root. But even he can re-repel the roots.
In this case, such techniques are used, as when staring – sprinkled with coal powder, dried for several days, and then planted into the soil.
Using the top of the flower
The use of the Aloe Apartments is injured by a plant, but it is often used to rejuvenate the aged flower, and if it is already cut off lower leaves and side shoots. This method is simple and easy to perform and leads to a rapid rooting of the top.
Carry out it as follows:
- The top needs to be cut so that it has no less than 7 leaves;
- The cut apart is lowered by a cut into a solution of phytohormon growth or another root growth stimulator and keep 30 minutes;
- The processed process is then put in a glass container with warm (but not hot) water;
- Soon the first roots appear, and after reaching the 6 cm, the rooted top is put in the soil in a separate.
Cut the top follows only a pure sterile tool, since the smallest pollution can provoke an infection in a flower. Some flower products advise after cutting up the tops to hold the process of several days in a dark room before the formation of a protective film, and only after that put the top into the water.
Reproduction tops have such advantages as accessibility even for the most inexperienced flower water and the ability to observe the growth of the roots.
After planting rooted seedlings in the soil you need to properly care. Despite the fact that Aloe is a rather unpretentious plant, it requires a certain care.
Alose planted in a flame first need to be placed in a cool room where the direct sunlight does not reach. Some time, the flower can be put on a sunny place. However, sunlight should not be straight and very intense, otherwise aloe leaves are brighten, losing saturation of color.
Best Aloe feels and grows well in places located in the south, southwest and southeast.
To sunlight the flower needs to be adapted, placing it on fresh air and gradually increasing the time staying on the street.
In winter it is useful to provide it with additional backlight.
Watering can only be done after the top of the soil surfaches. Water should stand for several days. Aloe better transfers the lack of moisture than its surplus. However, when drought, his leaves are collapsed and dry.
In the summer, it is necessary to water in hot weather 1-2 times in 7 days, and in the winter months it can be limited to two irrespective. Cannot be allowed to accumulate fluid in outlets.
Experienced flower products use the watering method through drainage holes: a floss with a flower is placed in the water for 10 minutes, and the plant itself will take the required amount of water.
- Temperature mode In the room in the summer should be +20.21 degrees, and in winter – no less than +14 degrees Celsius.
- For aeration Aloe need to periodically ventilate the room. But it is impossible to allow plants overcooling, as well as aloe does not tolerate drafts.
- When dust appeared on the leaves they need to wipe the wet rag. Spray flower is not recommended.
- Need to regularly examine the flower In order to identify signs of diseases or hazardous insects. If a wave or shield appeared, the plant needs to make a garlic tincture or wipe with a cotton swab, moistened with alcohol.
- To maintain the growth and development of the flower it from time to time Need to feed. The feeders do not make about 9 months if the seedlock was planted into the soil for succulents, as it contains all the necessary nutrients.
It must be remembered that it is impossible to fertilize the young flower in the winter when the plant is at rest.
And also it is impossible to make fertilizers and immediately after disembarkation – you can harm roots. Fertilizer solutions are recommended through the pallet – there is no risk of their excess. Feeding are made after watering. Most often use complex fertilizers intended for succulents.
It is recommended to transplant only young (up to 5 years) flowers every year. From the five year old, it is carried out in 3 years. Replanted recommended only in springtime.
Sometimes rooted and planted aloe seedlings do not take root. The reasons for this phenomenon may be several.
- The use of poor-quality finished soil. In this case, the processed from the unhealthy plant may not be traced and will soon die.
- The wrong composition of the soil. It is necessary to urgently transplant Aloe in a properly composed substrate or in the finished primer for succulents.
- Violation of the rules of care. Most often it happens to overvoltage soil. In this case, the land in the pot should be dried, and only after that resume irrigation.
When growing aloe, such problems may occur:
- With a lack of light Aloe is pulled out, and the leaves become smaller;
- With an excess of the sun The leaves are made crossed, and their color takes a red shade;
- Yellow gap along the edge of the leaf plate and dried tips may occur Due to the chlorine content in tap water, Or if the flower is experiencing a shortage of potassium.
When growing young aloe, it is necessary to remember that the flower does not tolerate sharp changes in the conditions of content.
It is not recommended to place a flower next to heating devices – this can lead to reinforce its root system.
How to transplant Aloe, you can learn from the following video.