Cherver – insect-parasite from Cocidian squad. This pest is dangerous for the overwhelming majority of home plants. In this article, we will consider in more detail where it is taken from, we will tell about the methods of combating the parasite and introduce the rules of effective prevention.
What does a torment cherry look like?
In everyday life, milders are more famous called “Shaggy Wrench”. They are a group of sucking parasites visible to the naked eye. They received their name due to the apparatus wax drugs of whiten. Adults, as well as larvae parasitize on green fabrics of plants and flowers, suck their life juices, which leads to the suspension of the growth of the culture and its gradual death.
Separate varieties of Cherwell can also affect roots.
These insects are pretty movable and extremely active, depending on the type of their dimensions vary from 0.5 to 10-12 mm. From above, they are covered with flour-shaped raid, the sides are wax plates. Chervestians are quite well expressed sex differences. So, males have straight wings, their limbs are well developed. Reaching adult age, male individuals cease to eat, so they do not have the mouth.
Fitness females are reduced or even absent, the mouth of the sucking type. The overwhelming majority of females multiply by laying eggs, although certain types may be crowned. Women’s individuals are delayed in a relative bag, which is visually reminded by cotton. The fecundity of these parasites is extremely high – annually they give from 2 to 5 generations, despite the fact that one female postpones from 350 to 800 eggs, from which young larvae appear after a week.
First age larvae move throughout the plant, but as soon as they are sacked to the power source, Immediately lose mobility. At the end of the line of the larva, the larvae of the second age is looking for suitable areas for nutrition, and the mature females are already intensively moving throughout the flower.
Note that the green pet is struck by torment cherver, easy. These insects can be recognized by “cotton”, sugar allocations and the appearance of a sage fungus on them.
Causes of appearance
Among the main reasons that lead to the appearance of the parasitic sever, You can attribute:
- improper care for green pet;
- The average moisture level of the room containing a flower;
- violation of the irrigation regime – lack or oversupply of irrigation;
- Lack of light.
All these factors create a medium favorable for the reproduction of mild custody. The source of the lesion can be both low-quality soil, so when transplanting green pets, it is best to use ready-made soils that have passed the necessary disinfection. In addition, there are cases when the torment Cherver was found in the new, just acquired a plant.
To avoid infection of the rest of the flowers, it is very important that every new pet is a couple of weeks to be on quarantine.
Signs of defeat
Mute Cherver is a pest that is easy to see. At the very first stage of the disease, the plant looks like a flour sprinkled. At the later stages of infection begins to appear a sahaphic wax raid, and the surface of the sheet plates becomes sticky.
Depending on the characteristics of the room plant, the Cherver can manifest itself on its surface in different ways.
- On the sheets of drazes, it causes the appearance of a whitish sticky plaque, in the absence of rapid treatment, the leaves are yellowing, dry and fall;
- Orchid has a deformation of new shoots and buds;
- In the violets, Cherver is initially striking the roots and only then rises to the green fragments of the flower;
- Miscellaneous Toloknyanka and reminds the Christmas tree – in the sinuses of sheet plates, where there is a zone of new shoots, you can see whitish fluffy lumps, with time they appear fungal formations.
In any case, the diseased plant suspend all the processes of growth and development, and if the flower has already been struck earlier, he can start garn. This course of the disease is due to the fact that the Cherberry tolerates a bacterial fungus that causes rapid wiping of a green pet.
Types of pests
Science is known over 1500 varieties of milders. They can be detected worldwide, but most often – in tropical latitudes. However, among them, there are a lot of pests insects parasitizing on greenhouse and home plants.
The most dangerous for indoor plants includes the following.
The greatest danger is the larvae, as well as women’s individuals. The torso of the female has a length of 3-4 mm, body shape oval, slightly elongated, color – pink or light orange, parasite is covered with a whitish touch. Usually accumulate on the back of the sheets.
Bristly Cherver – a very large insect, therefore it can be noticed on a flower on a light powder, which his torso seems to be “sleeping”, as well as wax drops, visually resembling cotton lumps. Over time, sage fungi is justified on these discharge. The affected leaves are rather quickly yellow, the further growth and development of young shoots is suspended.
The females of this variety have a fairly wide oval body of a yellow or pinkish shade, it is covered with a flour resembling a flour. The larvae of the 1st age is rapidly dispersed on all green parts of the flower, forming huge colonies on the sheets near the main residents and on new shoots. With a significant lesion, pests are able to suck all juices from a green pet – This is in the shortest possible time leads to the drying of the plant and its full death.
Considered one of the most common. The length of the torso, the female reaches 4-5 mm, and the width is 2-2.5 mm, the color is gray-pink with a pronounced flour-shaped. The larvae is quite small, yellow, completely deprived of a powder plaque, while extremely active.
They can easily be transferred to the wind, very quickly dispersed on the above-ground part of the flower. The transformation of the larvae in an adult part takes about 1-1.5 months, the seals of parasites are formed by colonies of sage fungi. The affected plant dries out, its leaves are yellow, dry and fall.
How to get rid of?
If you “caught” the disease at the initial stage – to deal with it at home will be quite simple. For this It is necessary to simply process the surface of sheet plates and shoots a soft sponge dipped in a concentrated solution of economic soap, and consider the clerk, as well as his tail-shaped traces manually. Then carry out the treatment of a green pet with the presentation of cyclamen, garlic or tobacco decoction. Processing is carried out at least 3 times with a periodicity of 7-10 days.
A good efficiency is also characterized by infusion of calendula, you can use alcohol. We pay special attention to the fact that the alcohol must be undivided – in this case, it quickly evaporates from the surface of the sheet and does not harm green tissues. If you dilute it with water, it will stay on the leaves longer and during this time it can cause substantial damage to the flower.
With a significant amount of lesion, you can use chemicals or proven “Babushkina” Recipes.
It is advisable to process the diseased flower insecticides in the time when the larvae hang out and leave their egg bag – at this stage, their body is not yet covered with a layer of wax, because they are most vulnerable. However, the main difficulty of fighting Cherver is that in the same period on this plant there are several generations of insects at once, and one-time use of poison will kill only the youngest individuals, and already a few days later they will replace new hatching larvae.
That is why any processing must be carried out at least 3-4 times with a periodicity of 7-14 days. Keep in mind – the more the stage of development of the parasite, the harder will then get rid of the attack. There are many methods of combating insects, there are a wide variety of chemicals on store shelves, which, depending on the pest effects, are divided into 3 categories:
- System Insecticides. They penetrate inside the green tissues through the pores and make juice of houseplants to poisonous. Special efficiency differ compositions on the basis of parathion and malathion – “Phosphamide” and “Rogor”.
- Intestinal compounds that have the ability to penetrate insect through the mouth. This includes insecticides “Aktara”, “Aktellik”, “Nurell-D”, “Teppeci” and “confident”.
- Contact Action Preparations. They penetrate the covers of the parasite. The best is considered Sprazit-A Eschadlingsfrei, its main advantage is the lack of need for multiple treatments.
We draw attention to the fact that if any work with system insecticides is important to accurately follow the instructions for use. Find out in advance, from what distance the liquid should be sprayed to avoid damage to the leaves of the plant, also specify whether to use personal protective equipment.
There are a lot of fairly effective “grandmother” methods of combating parasitic cherver. The most popular includes the following.
- Tincture horsetail field. This grass is implemented in each pharmacy, it must be pouring her clean alcohol, to insist 3-5 days, strain and spray the diseased plant from the sprayer.
- Olive oil. 2 st. L. Oils are dissolved in 1 l of water, stirred intensively and treated green parts of the plant.
- Extremely effective means obtained by mixing 15 g of green liquid soap, 10-15 g of denatured alcohol, as well as 1 l of water.
- Many flowers use decoction of garlic. For this, 4-6 poles are crushed and poured 0.5 liters of water, after which they bring to a boil and insist not less than 5 hours. The cooked decoction is filtered and applied on the leaf plates of the plant with sponge.
In order to prevent the emergence of parasitic individuals on green pets, It is important to pay special attention to prevention.
- After buying a new room flower for a month, it needs to be withstanding on quarantine – during this period it must be separate from the rest of the plants. If no pathologies are ordered, you can safely transfer it to the room to the rest of the “counterparts”.
- The room in which houseplants grow, should be regularly ventilated. It is important to prevent excessive dry air and excessive temperatures.
- Periodically it is necessary to carry out prophylactic spraying with a solution of ordinary economic soap.
Do not neglect these simple measures. Remember that withdrawing a milder cherler is always much harder than preventing its appearance.
About how to fight torment cherver on indoor plants, see the following video.