In the Gesnery family there is a genus of beautiful-flowering herbaceous plants called Senpolya or Uzambar violet. Unlike the violet of the present from the Phials family, which adapts to any conditions and grows in the open soil and pots on the windowsill, the African beauty sensipolia is diluted only at home, spending a lot of time to care. Growing it, support high temperature, protect against drafts, follow the microclimate, indoor illumination, the composition and fertility of the Earth.
Although it is not entirely right, but people are united by the common name “violet”.
In 1892. Baron Walter von Saint-Paul worked as a military officer in modern Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi in the German colony. He walked around the surroundings and stumbled upon an unusual plant. Baron gathered his seeds, sent his father to the head of the German dendrological society Ulrich von Saint-Field, and he gave them after receiving a biologist Hermann Vendland. A year later, the seeds of Herman raised the flower, compiled a description and gave the name SaintPaulia Ionanta, perpetuating the memory of participation in the opening of the Son and Father Saint-Fields.
SENPOLIA is a low plant with a short stem and a socket formed by an abundance of long-term velvety leaves with heart-shaped base. Depending on the variety, the shape of the leaves will be varied and can be oval, rounded or egg-shaped. The color of the upper side of the sheet plate may be dark or light green, and the bottom – purple or pale green with well-visible veins.
With proper care, the violet blooms for 8 months a year. On one blooming bloom from 3 to 7 small 1- or 2-color buds. With mass blossom, the plant decorate to 80-100 colors. Petals terry with wavy or fringe edges, and the painting of buds varies and can be white, purple, blue, pink, raspberry or blue shades. The color and size of buds depend on how more than 1.5 thousand well-known beds belongs to SENPOLIA.
The type of soil affects the growth, development and bloom of SENPOLIA. It is better to choose it, relying on the tips and recommendations below. The flower is rooted and will be delighted with the magnificence and the extraordinary flower of the flower and the members of his family. Otherwise, due to bad land, touching sensipolia will die.
On the one hand, the soil for violets should be nutritious, and on the other – It must comply with certain conditions.
- Air permeability. To saturate the ground with air, tears are added to it (coconut fiber, perlite, vermiculite). Without their addition, the soil crumples, “blows”, and the roots rotate.
- Moisture intensity. Soil must hold some moisture in itself.
- Adding phosphorian-potassium feeding. Otherwise, buds are not formed on the flower, it turns yellow and leaves twist.
- Acidity. For indoor sensipolium optimal pH 5.5-6.5. To form a weakness of soil, a substrate is prepared from sheet, turf, peat earth and sand in a proportion of 2: 2: 2: 1.
Type of soil mixture
Flower-lovers do not prepare ground with their own hands, and buy in a flower shop. With the purchase, there are no problems, and the price for it will not make a gap in the family budget.
Experienced flower flows come differently. They know that the composition of many ready-made soil mixtures have peat. Because of this, the soil is played with time and harden. Already 3 months after the transplantation of the roots, oxygen is not allowed, and the plant is dying. So they either buy a substrate without peat, or prepare it with their own hands.
Ready substrate and its composition
Often flowerflowers buy a finished substrate, Do not consider important factors.
- Earth from the store is unsuitable, and its chemical indicators change for the worse after a few months. Therefore, experienced flowerflowers disinfect planting material.
- Often sell soil infected with pests.
- It is sold with an abundance or shortage of nutrients.
- If the black is ground, then the main component in the composition is a low-chain peat, zakuing with time.
- If the soil is reddish-brown, and the peat is large, then it is perfect for cultivation of violets.
So that the plant does not die, acquire high-quality soil in a flower store by selecting one of the following.
- Universal gentleman ASB GreenWorld – This is a balanced soil for SENPOLIY. It has phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, which are necessary for the normal development of the plant. Price of the 5-liter package – 200 rubles.
- As part of the soil for violets from the company FACE “Flower Happiness” There is riding peat. It is sold in a fully finished form. He has no shortcomings, and the price pleases – 90 rubles for a 5-liter package.
- At the soil from the German manufacturer KLASMANN TS-1 Uniform structure. She does not sell small parties. When using KLASMANN TS-1 for violet transplantation add perlite. For a 5-liter package you need to pay 150 rubles.
- Unlike other soils “Coconut soil” do not sell in the Russian Federation. It costs expensive: 350 rubles per 5-liter package, contains many salts, but at the same time reliably protected from pests even in long-term storage conditions.
Not suitable for the cultivation of violets soil brands “Biotech”, “Garden of Miracles”, “Garden and garden”.
Experienced flowers are prepared independently soil for indoor plants at home. Several compulsory components will be needed for SENPOLIA.
- Sheet humus. It is used to improve the soil structure. This is a good mulch and component-acidifier. Leaf humus make from different plants, but for SENPOLIY they collect fallen leaves with birches and put them in special bags for overloading.
- Turf It has high water lifting capacity and low moisture permeability and moisture intensity. It is harvested in the place where deciduous species of trees and shrubs grow, gently cutting off the outer layer of soil with the weave of the roots of plants.
- Vermiculite or / and perlite. In the horticultural stores sell small or large pieces of minerals. For SENPOLIY buy small substances and add to ground as a baking powder. They hold moisture to give the roots of SENPOLIY to the next watering.
- Sphagnum. With the help of moss you can flip soil. Sphagnum add, instead of vermiculitis, gathered in the forest, in water bodies or in swampy terrain. It is stored in cheese, dried or frozen form. In the latter case, before use, frozen moss is defrosting.
- Large river sand. With it, the soil becomes air, and its other components get reliable protection against drying.
- Coconut substrate. This nutritional supplement is sold in a flower shop or bought independently from the coke-bought in the supermarket.
If the components for the preparation of the substrate for violet collected in the forest, they disinfect them. In the oven, crumpled in the oven or keep peat, turf, humus in a water bath. The sand is washed and calcined, and the moss is disinfected by throwing boiling water.
Before planting / transplanting, SENPOLIA is preparing a suitable container. Drainage layer. To do this, buy clay and fill the pot on a third. Thin layer are placed charcoal, which will feed the plant and protect it from rot.
In a separate dish, the turnes (3 parts), sheet humus (3 parts), moss (2 parts), sand (2 parts), vermiculite (1 part), perlite (1.5 parts), coconut substrate and peat (for a handful ). Fisheries-beginners accurately comply with the proportions, and their experienced colleagues lay the components on the eye. In the case of buying a finished soil with a large-fiber peat enriched it with moss, perlit and coconut substrate to improve chemical properties.
Preparing the ground with your own hands, often flowerflowers think whether to put fertilizer in it. Some buy packages with white mineral powder, while others prepare feeding themselves, using natural and non-hazardous components.
Korovyak – one of the sources of the most important elements for the growth of sensipoly. If we plant a flower into the ground with the addition of a cowboy, it will bloom the lush and spectacular. The main thing is not to fertilize the land with big slices of feeding. They are crushed. Without adding a korovyan when landing, do not upset. Seeing it, subsequently use the water obtained by rich in microelements for watering.
Fertilize the Earth Shell Eggs. It contains potassium and calcium. These components reduce acidity. The soil bought in the store does not fertilize if it already has nutrients in its composition, and this is indicated on the label. Otherwise, due to the overaffect of fertilizer, the plant will die.
SENPOLIA – a beautiful flower that will die if used inappropriate soil during landing / transplantation. It is either buying in the store, or do it yourself, harvesting humus, turf, sphagnum, sand, vermiculitis and feeding.
In the next video you are waiting for the secrets of the perfect soil for violets.